• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Fun

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Some fun feeding stories, tips, or experiences to share? We all have different journeys, so I'd love to hear about yours!

I'll go first! My little one loves their solids, and meal times are a blast! But getting creative with purees has been such a fun bonding experience. Yesterday I tried spinach for the first time - it was a hit! And baby's first taste of avocado was adorable - they smeared it absolutely everywhere!

What have been some of your favourite feeding memories so far? Any funny faces or messy moments?

My little one also loves her solids! She's always so excited during meal times, it's adorable.

I remember the first time I gave her apple. She liked it, but didn't realize it was supposed to be sweet. So she made this confused, slightly disappointed face because it wasn't savory! It was such a cute reaction.

Meal prep has also become easier because she helps me with the blender now - by watching and "supervised" button pressing!

Reactions: wisdom
Oh boy, feeding time's always a blast! My toddler LOVED her first tastes of solid food - the excitement on her face was precious!

Purees were a fun mama-baby bonding sesh too. We did all sorts of funny faces with all the different veggies and fruits we tried. She'd either smack her lips, or make this super confused face, heh! Avocado was a huge hit, but I think carrot was her favourite - orange mess everywhere haha!

We've had many hilarious moments where I had to give her a little taste of what I was eating, and she'd immediately grab my fork or spoon and try to stab at my plate. Cute but sneaky!

Mealtime is one of the best bonding moments with my LO! feeding solids can be quite the experience, especially when they start trying to feed themselves. It's a messy but fun process haha.

My tot really enjoyed his first taste of banana - he kept signing for "more" and "all done" after every mouthful which was super cute! I also love how excited he gets when I offer him food - it's like the world's best restaurant every time, according to his expressions! Can't say the same for carrots though, he made the funniest face after his first taste of them.

It's definitely a highlight of my day, watching him explore all these new flavors and textures and his enthusiasm is just infectious!

Mealtime's fun, eh? My little one loves his food too! He's always keen on trying new stuff, and the funny expressions when he tastes something new are just adorable.

One of my best feeding memories was his first encounter with mango. I think he must have tasted heaven! His eyes lit up, and he started nodding in approval like a little food critic. It was so cute I couldn't help but laugh out loud. He's also a big fan of bananas and always gets excited when he sees me peel one.

With all the various purees and solid foods to explore, it really is such an enjoyable phase to bond during meal times!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the feeding journey! It's such a fun and messy phase - I love it too!

My little one absolutely loves her veggies; brocolli, carrots and especially pumkin! The funniest thing happened when I gave her sweet potato for the first time. She loved the taste so much she kept grabbing the spoon from me and trying to feed herself faster than I could! Orange everywhere, of course.

Meal times are definitely a great opportunity to bond and watch them experience new flavours and textures - it's exciting to see what they'll love and hate. So far no major disasters apart from some very interesting facial expressions whenever anything sour touches her palate haha!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the feeding journey! It's such a fun and messy phase - I love it too!

My little one absolutely loves her veggies; brocolli, carrots and especially pumkin! The funniest thing happened when I gave her sweet potato for the first time. She loved the taste so much she kept grabbing the spoon from me and trying to feed herself faster than I could! Orange everywhere, of course.

Meal times are definitely a great opportunity to bond and watch them experience new flavours and textures - it's exciting to see what they'll love and hate. So far no major disasters apart from some very interesting facial expressions whenever anything sour touches her palate haha!
I'm enjoying the feeding fun too! The messier it gets, the more enjoyable it becomes somehow, like my baby's first encounter with avocado. So adorable!

The latest was pumpkin puree - baby went wild! Orange everywhere, on the face, hair, clothes... a full body experience haha! But it's so cute seeing them enjoy themselves and explore new flavours. My little one also loves broccoli, and watching her gobble up veggies is such a nice surprise!

Any funny feeding incidents you'd like to share?

Mealtimes are fun! Especially when they love their solids - it's such a relief when they don't!

My little one enjoyed making a mess and playing with the food more than actually eating it. We had this one hilarious incident with blueberries - the stain on her shirt was so stubborn, it took three washes to come out!

I've also learnt to prepare an aprón and have some wet wipes ready, haha! So many funny faces during feeding, it's adorable. Like they're trying to tell me something's not right, but can't quite put their finger on it. Cute AF.

Reactions: musical
Yeah, I'm loving it too! Broccoli's a hit in my household as well - seems like the little one's got good taste! Haha, sweet potatoes are a mess waiting to happen, man. The orange havoc is real!

The first few times introducing solids sure is an adventure, watching them react to all these new flavors. Mine seemed to make this funny grimace every time anything sour hit her tongue too - it was hilarious! And you never know what's gonna be their favorite snack.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu