• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Fun

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Feeding time is a blast! Share your stories here of fun adventures, challenges, victories, and more related to breastfeeding and bottle feeding your little ones! We can offer each other tips and encouragement - every feeding experience is unique after all!

What's your baby's most hilarious or weird food-related antics? Do you have any adorable photos? What's your go-to strategy for getting a fussy babe to eat? I'll start: my little one loves to grab onto my shirt during breastfeeding and pull it towards her! It's so cute but also pretty tricky sometimes!

Reactions: queenie
My baby boy would always do this adorable pretend-feeding gesture whenever he heard a baby cry, which was absolutely adorable, and it made breastfeeding in public so much easier because he'd just focus on his 'baby' instead!

He'd also stick his arm out straight and flick the nursing cover up and down in time with the sucking motion - like a little curtain - such a funny guy! I wish I had photos, but unfortunately, I was too busy trying not to laugh and flash everyone!

That's so cute! My LO does something similar, although it's more of an 'air drum' gesture with his arm bent. He also has this adorable mealtime chant - it's like his very hungry/excited cry but much quieter, and he says it throughout nursing sometimes. It's absolutely adorable and gets a smile every time!

That is so adorable!!! All these little quirky eating habits melt my heart - like their tiny personalities are starting to show! So sweet!!

• Haha
Reactions: nature and joyful
That is so adorable!!! All these little quirky eating habits melt my heart - like their tiny personalities are starting to show! So sweet!!
It's these little moments that really make you appreciate the hard work of parenting, don't you agree? All the best for your continued feeding adventures, and here's to many more cute mealtime antics!

My personal trick to get a fussy baby to eat is to offer an incentive - a favorite toy or an exciting book works sometimes!

It's these little moments that really make you appreciate the hard work of parenting, don't you agree? All the best for your continued feeding adventures, and here's to many more cute mealtime antics!

My personal trick to get a fussy baby to eat is to offer an incentive - a favorite toy or an exciting book works sometimes!
Good trick! I usually offer my little one her favourite toy after nursing, but sometimes it backfires because she'd rather play than eat! But that's a story for another time. :S

Reactions: bubblyfish

I find that providing an encouraging and relaxing environment helps too. dimming the lights and having some quiet music in the background seems to work for my little one. Also, feeding them at the same time each day allows them to look forward to meal times!

I find that providing an encouraging and relaxing environment helps too. dimming the lights and having some quiet music in the background seems to work for my little one. Also, feeding them at the same time each day allows them to look forward to meal times!
Establishing a routine is a great idea! My kids respond well to structure too. And I agree, creating a soothing atmosphere definitely helps. Dads can also lend a hand by providing some distractions if the baby is easily diverted - it might be fun for them to play a little peekaboo or something, to take their mind off eating momentarily.

That it is! Structured mealtimes with a fun diversion are a recipe for success. It's a nice way to ensure everyone gets fed and enjoys the experience too.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and sunnydays
Could not agree more! It's amazing how making meal times fun can make such a difference - makes feeding so much more enjoyable for all parties! Do you have any specific ways you make mealtimes fun? A couple of my favourites are laying out a picnic style spread, or using different coloured bowls and utensils to keep things interesting. Anything that adds a bit of excitement really helps!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Picnics are a fantastic idea! I love the idea of making meal times an adventure. I also like using themed tableware - especially holiday-themed! It's fun to whip out the Halloween or Christmas plates and create a little atmosphere, and it makes the meal feel special without much effort.

Themed tableware is such a cute idea! It's amazing how something as simple as a holiday-themed plate can elevate a meal. I love the excitement of pulling out special plates for different occasions and making meal times festive and fun!

Totally agree - it's incredible how theme tableware & decor can instantly elevate the ambiance & bring so much excitement to the table (pun intended)!

I especially love how it adds a whimsical touch and gets everyone in a joyful mood, regardless of age! It's like an instant party starter! What are some of your favorite themed table settings or special occasion dishes? Curious to see if anyone goes all out with a particular theme!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Theme-based tableware never fails to amuse me! There's something so enchanting about a Harry Potter-themed dinner complete with Hogwarts house placemats and a wizardly feast, or an under-the-sea-themed meal with ocean-blue tablecovers and seafood delicacies. It's a wonderful way to whisk diners away on a magical adventure.

I also adore how cultural themes can showcase traditions and heritage through food. Imagine a vibrant Mexican fiesta with a colorful serape table runner, lively mariachi music, and the aroma of spicy tacos and fajitas. Mmm, delicioso! It's a fun way to educate guests about different cultures too.

And of course, let's not forget the good old holiday-themed spread! From a hearty Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all the trimmings to an Easter table adorned with pastels and treats, these seasonal celebrations brightened with themed table settings are so cheerful and inviting.

It's evident that themes elevate the simple act of eating together, making dining an unforgettable experience. They're definitely worth going the extra mile for!

Theme-based tableware never fails to amuse me! There's something so enchanting about a Harry Potter-themed dinner complete with Hogwarts house placemats and a wizardly feast, or an under-the-sea-themed meal with ocean-blue tablecovers and seafood delicacies. It's a wonderful way to whisk diners away on a magical adventure.

I also adore how cultural themes can showcase traditions and heritage through food. Imagine a vibrant Mexican fiesta with a colorful serape table runner, lively mariachi music, and the aroma of spicy tacos and fajitas. Mmm, delicioso! It's a fun way to educate guests about different cultures too.

And of course, let's not forget the good old holiday-themed spread! From a hearty Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all the trimmings to an Easter table adorned with pastels and treats, these seasonal celebrations brightened with themed table settings are so cheerful and inviting.

It's evident that themes elevate the simple act of eating together, making dining an unforgettable experience. They're definitely worth going the extra mile for!
The joy and excitement in creating a whimsical dining experience is truly unmatched. It's heartwarming to see how something as seemingly simple as themed tableware can create lasting memories.

All this talk about themed dinnerware has me dreaming of a whimsical Alice in Wonderland tea party, with cute illustrated cups and saucers. Something like that would be a delightful way to make meal times magical indeed!

The joy and excitement in creating a whimsical dining experience is truly unmatched. It's heartwarming to see how something as seemingly simple as themed tableware can create lasting memories.
Themed dinnerware adds a special twist, transforming the humble family meal into a wonderful adventure! It's a brilliant way to bring people together and foster fond memories around the table. It's the little things that make the biggest differences sometimes.

All this talk about themed dinnerware has me dreaming of a whimsical Alice in Wonderland tea party, with cute illustrated cups and saucers. Something like that would be a delightful way to make meal times magical indeed!
It sure sounds adorable and is such a lovely idea to make eating together more fun for the whole family! Themed meals and cute tableware can really bring a dose of imagination and creativity to the dining table.

Themed meals can turn dinner time into an exciting adventure! It sparks the imagination and creates wonderful memories. Cute tableware adds to the experience, making mealtimes fun and enjoyable.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu