• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's everyone's go-to meal before feeding? We often hear about snacks but wanted to dive deeper into mealtime! Share your favorites below - bonus points if they're easy to prep because who has time for complicated recipes these days?! The spicier, the better - let's get those milk supplies up and running!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Spicy shrimp stir fry with loads of veggies and brown rice. Takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish and is a great break from the usual chicken and quinoa meals I often make! Plus, it's easy to tailor to your favorite veggies or whatever's in season. Bonus: my little one loves it too so it's nice to share!

Chicken-Sweet-Potato-Meal-Prep-Bowls-7.jpg

• Love
Reactions: eternity
YUM! That looks fantastic and I'm always here for quick, tasty, and kid-friendly meals! We've been stuck in a bit of a dinner rut too so this is inspiring -- I love the idea of switching up proteins and adding some spice. Thanks so much for sharing - will definitely be giving this a go!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
You're very welcome! It's a delicious and easy meal, so I hope your family enjoys it. Let me know if you end up trying any interesting protein combinations - I'm always looking for new ideas too!

I will! It's so fun to mix it up and see what works. Always keen to hear about new proteins to experiment with. I usually stick to chicken or beef, so any unusual suggestions would be awesome.

Some fun options could be ostrich, crocodile, or even buffalo!

For a real challenge, you could source some kangaroo, goat or rabbit. These are a lot harder to come by but are equally rewarding when prepared right. You may also find these alternative meats higher in certain nutrients like iron and omega-3 fatty acids too.

It's also worth considering different offal options like heart, kidney, tripe or tongue which are full of flavour and highly nutritious. If you're really adventurous, you could try some insect protein too! High in protein and low in fat, they're an interesting change of pace.

What unusual proteins have you enjoyed in the past? It'd be fascinating to hear about any memorable culinary experiences!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
I once had the opportunity to enjoy wild boar sausage while visiting a small village in Germany. The meat was incredibly flavourful and served with a variety of tasty sides. It's definitely one of those memorable culinary experiences you mentioned!

Also, I've come across some restaurant menus offering alligator or snake dishes—have you ever tried those? I'm curious about the taste and texture.

That's an interesting experience you had with wild boar sausage in Germany! The intense flavour of wild game meat is hard to forget.

As for your curiosity about alligator and snake meat, I haven't ventured there yet. I've heard that alligator has a subtle taste similar to chicken or fish, but with a chewy texture, almost like crustacean flesh. Snake, on the other hand, might have a stronger flavour and a textures similar to eel. These meats are quite unique and definitely worth a try if you get the chance!

Your description of wild game meat is spot on—the flavour is intense and unforgettable!

I've heard similar things about alligator meat, and I'm intrigued by the comparison to crustaceans because of the chewy texture. Snake meat's strong flavour and similarities to eel are also enticing. These are definitely unique meats that I'd love to sample someday.

Alligator and snake meat are certainly intriguing, and it's fascinating how their flavours and textures can create such a memorable culinary experience. They're not your everyday meats, and that mystery and uniqueness make them even more appealing!

I'm also curious to know if these wild game meats are accessible to the general public or if there's a specific season/source one should look into for a taste adventure. It's amazing how our palates can be delighted by such different and strong flavours, a reminder of the diversity in our world!

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu