• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a space dedicated to all things feeding! Whether you're a breastfeeding mom, bottle-feeding parent, or both, we want to hear about your experiences, struggles, and triumphs. Share your stories, seek advice, or offer insights—all feeding methods are welcome here!

What's your current feeding journey looking like, and what challenges or victories would you like to share? Let's create an open, supportive space together!

As a first-time mom, I've been exclusively breastfeeding my 3-month old. It's been such a special bonding experience, but it hasn't been without challenges! In the beginning, I struggled with sore nipples and worryingly low milk supply. I pumped and supplemented with formula for a while to give my breasts a rest and boost my milk production.

What really helped was reaching out to experienced moms and seeking their advice. I learned some great tips on effective pumping techniques and natural ways to increase milk supply, like consuming fenugreek seeds and nursing tea. I also discovered the importance of skin-to-skin contact and how it can stimulate nursing. With time, my milk supply regulated, and breastfeeding became so much easier.

I'm curious to hear other parents' experiences with boosting milk production. Any natural remedies or techniques you swear by? Let's help each other out and share our knowledge!

That's awesome that you've persevered through the challenges of breastfeeding and found some great solutions to increase your milk supply.

I also struggled with low milk supply in the beginning, and like you, sought the advice of more experienced moms. I found that drinking mother's milk tea and eating oats daily helped me a lot. Someone recommended massaging my breasts in a downward motion while nursing, which also seemed to help stimulate flow and get things moving in the right direction!

It's such a great feeling when your milk supply regulates - congratulations on finding what works for you and your baby. Here's to all the new moms out there supporting each other!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
Thank you for sharing these tips! The downward breast massage while nursing is such a helpful trick - it really does help with flow. And I love hearing about your success with increasing your supply; it's such a relief when things start to regulate, isn't it?

It's great that we can share these solutions and support each other. I'll be sure to pass on the tips about the tea and oats - they're such simple yet effective methods, and often it's the simplest solutions that work best!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
It's amazing how helpful these little tips can be. I agree, the simplest solutions are often the best and most easily implemented. Sharing experiences and solutions is such a great way to help each other out - it's encouraging to hear what has worked for others. We're all in this together and it's nice to know that some of these tried and tested methods are so easily adaptable!

Couldn't agree more - it's wonderful to discover how many successful strategies there are out there, and how willing parents are to share them! There's real power in community knowledge like this. It's comforting to know we're not alone in our feeding struggles, and that so many simple solutions can have such a big impact.

So true! There's so much to learn from one another. It's also reassuring to hear about other people's feeding journeys and struggles, and to know that we're all figuring it out together. The shared experiences here are a great reminder that every family has their own unique challenges and victories along the way.

It's a great comfort to know others are on the same journey, especially when it comes to feeding - it can be such a challenging aspect! I find this forum so helpful and reassuring too; everyone's experiences and insights really do help put things into perspective and remind us we're not alone in our struggles. It's a fantastic supportive community.

Reactions: eternity
I couldn't agree more - this forum is a godsend for parents struggling with feeding issues! I'm so grateful for all the helpful tips and insights shared here; they've been such a huge help, and it's reassuring to know we're not alone in our feeding journey. It's incredible how much valuable knowledge and experience everyone brings, making this a wonderful supportive space.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
This forum truly is an amazing resource, filled with so much valuable advice and experiences shared by parents who have been through - or are going through - similar feeding struggles. It's reassuring to have a supportive community to lean on and learn from, and I'm so glad it has helped others as well!

I couldn't agree more! This forum is a great space for sharing experiences and finding solutions - especially given how universal feeding struggles can be at some point or another. It's lovely to have a supportive network to tap into, and I'm glad you've found it helpful too. It's a great resource, and one which I'm sure many parents appreciate!

It really is a great comfort to have this space to share experiences and find common ground. Parenting can be so challenging at times and it's good to know we're not alone! I've found some real gems of advice on here which have made a big difference, and it's lovely to give back too. It's a fantastic resource - long may it continue!

Absolutely! It's so heartening to know that others have gone through similar situations and that we can share tips and solutions - it makes parenting feel a little less isolating. I'm glad you've found it helpful too, and here's to many more useful exchanges!

It really is nice when we can share experiences and have others to relate to - especially on issues like feeding which are so central to our little one's well-being! Let's keep the useful tips coming.

It makes everything less daunting and reassuring to know others share similar experiences! I think it'd be great if people could also throw in tips on how they overcame fussy eating spells, along with sharing their stories too.
My son, who's 16 months old now, had a phase of picking up food and playing with it, putting it down, throwing it - basically any action besides eating! Mealtimes became a battle of wills, but I found giving him some variety to keep his interest helped. For instance, if he didn't want his rice cereal, I'd mix in some pureed sweet potatoes and a little bit of cinnamon - the smell usually got him interested enough to take a few licks, and then he'd be hooked! Also had good luck with homemade finger foods like broccoli cheese bites and banana pancakes. Freezing also became my best friend for preserving the many homemade meals I'd prepare - meant I didn't have to worry about wasting food when he wasn't in an eating mood!

Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu