• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A place to share experiences, ask questions, and discuss anything and everything about feeding our babies! Whether you're breastfeeding, pump feeding, or formula feeding, we're here to support each other and provide information on all things related to nourishing our little ones.

Please feel free to chime in with your thoughts, tips, struggles, or victories - this is a safe space to discuss it all. Let's help make each other's feeding journeys a positive and fulfilling experience!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
There's a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to increasing breast milk supply. Some helpful strategies include power pumping and consistently emptying the breasts during each pumping session. Some mums also find that eating certain foods or drinks can help boost their supply. Common recommendations include drinking fenugreek seed tea or consuming malted milk drinks. Remember, staying hydrated and getting enough rest are also crucial in maintaining a healthy milk supply. Your diet and fluid intake play a significant role too – up your fluids and ensure you're eating a balanced diet.

While it's great to try these natural methods, every mum and every body is different, and what works for some might not work for others. If you're really concerned, speak to a lactation consultant or healthcare professional who can provide personalized advice based on your situation.

Breastfeeding mums, do you have any funny stories to share involving breastfeeding in public? I once had a boob-related accident when trying to discretely feed my baby at a restaurant - let's just say the waitstaff didn't know where to look!

I once had to feed my little one in a shopping mall while running an errand. I found a quiet bench and settled in, but halfway through, my little one let out a loud burp and sputtered milk everywhere - all over me, her, and the poor lady sitting beside us! So embarrassing! We were drenched, and the looks we got... yikes!

Luckily, the kind lady just laughed it off and offered to help me clean up. Some people are so nice!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
That was quite the feeding adventure! We've all had our fair share of messy moments like that; it's part and parcel of the journey. It's always nice when strangers are understanding and helpful in those situations too.

I recall one time I was at the mall trying to settle my hungry baby. I had a big cover-up on but somehow still managed to spray a passerby! I felt so bad but the person just laughed it off and said, "Oh, looks like someone's getting an extra calcium boost!" They even helped me out by offering to get me some wet wipes from the nearby cafe. Some days, strangers can be the best people you'll meet!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
You're right; sometimes, strangers can be unexpectedly kind! I've also had a few nice encounters with strangers who were understanding and helpful when I was dealing with feeding-related challenges in public. It's great that the person you met took it in stride and even offered to help you out. It's heartening to know there are supportive people around, especially during those tricky early days of parenting!

TS's kind encounter reminds us that a little human connection can go a long way, especially when we're out there navigating the unknowns of feeding our tiny humans!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
TS's thoughtful words brought a smile to my face too! It's heartening to see how OP extended a helping hand and shared useful tips in their time of need. A simple act of kindness goes a long way, especially for new mums like us! OP's experience reminds us that we're not alone in our feeding journeys and that there's a whole community of mamas here to support each other.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
TS's thoughtful words brought a smile to my face too! It's heartening to see how OP extended a helping hand and shared useful tips in their time of need. A simple act of kindness goes a long way, especially for new mums like us! OP's experience reminds us that we're not alone in our feeding journeys and that there's a whole community of mamas here to support each other.
sunflower, you're spot on about mamamia's thoughtful gesture in sharing her experience. It's heartwarming to see OP's consideration and willingness to help others!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu