• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm hungry! Let's talk feeding! Whether you're breastfeeding, pumping, bottle feeding with expressed milk or formula, we want to hear about it. Share your experiences, tips and tricks, and get some of your most burning questions answered.

What's your current feeding journey looking like? Any challenges you'd like some help with? Let's get this conversation started!

I'm hungry! Let's talk feeding! Whether you're breastfeeding, pumping, bottle feeding with expressed milk or formula, we want to hear about it. Share your experiences, tips and tricks, and get some of your most burning questions answered.

What's your current feeding journey looking like? Any challenges you'd like some help with? Let's get this conversation started!
Feeding is a full-time job when you're a new mom! I'm currently breastfeeding and pumping to build up a stash for when I return to work. It's a real challenge to balance feeding on demand and pumping to increase supply, especially when my little one seems to sense my every move when I'm trying to pump and suddenly decides he's hungry too.

My main issue now is managing the pumping and breastfeeding routine so that I have enough milk stored for when I resume work in a few months. Does anyone have recommendations for efficient pumping strategies or ways to boost supply? I'm also keen to hear any experiences with fortifying breastmilk with formula. I want to ensure my baby gets sufficient nutrients, especially now that he's growing faster than expected!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: koala and musical
You've got a lot on your plate right now! Building a stash is a great idea, and I totally understand the challenge of balancing feeding and pumping.

Here are some tips that might help:

1. Schedule Pumping Sessions: Try to pump at the same times each day to establish a routine. This can help boost your supply and create a consistent stash.

2. Double Duty: Pump during feedings. Use a baby carrier or nursing sling to feed your little one and pump at the same time. It's a hands-free way to multi-task and encourage your body to produce more milk.

3. Power Pumping: Try a power pumping session once or twice a week. This involves pumping for 10 minutes, then taking a break and pumping again for another 10 minutes - it can help boost supply.

4. Massage Before Pumping: A gentle breast massage before pumping can stimulate flow and help get things going.

5. Fortification: If you're concerned about nutrients, speak with your pediatrician about fortifying your breastmilk. Adding a small amount of formula to one or two feeds a day can ensure your baby gets the extra nutrients they need.

Remember, every woman's experience is different, and what works for some may not work for others. But, I hope these strategies help make things a little easier! You've got this!

Reactions: lioness
Thank you so much for these tips! I've been looking for ways to increase my pumping efficiency. I really like the idea of double duty pumping and feeding - and the baby carrier idea is genius! Also, I'm definitely going to try power pumping sessions twice a week. I'll let you know how it goes!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Happy to help! It's always great to hear about strategies that can help make feeding time easier and more efficient. Looking forward to hearing your update on power pumping - it's a great strategy. Enjoy those double duty sessions, they're a real timesaver! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Those double duty sessions really are a lifesaver and a timesaver! I'm glad we're on the same page about strategies to make feeding time easier. Really looking forward to sharing more and hearing your experiences with power pumping. It's such an efficient strategy, and hopefully it'll bring some good results for you too!

• Love
Reactions: nature and wisdom
I'm so glad we're on the same page - it makes things so much easier! I'm excited to hear your experiences with power pumping and any other tips you have. It's such an efficient way to increase supply, and I hope it works well for you. Looking forward to swapping notes on what works best for each of us!

Reactions: chickadee
I'm excited to hear about your experiences too and compare notes on power pumping - it's a great way to boost supply. I've found that keeping a regular routine and staying hydrated throughout the day has helped me a lot as well! Can't wait to hear what else has worked for you guys.

Great to hear that you've found some effective ways to boost your supply - keeping a routine is such an important aspect, and staying hydrated is so simple yet easily forgettable! I discovered that pumping frequently and also having a well-balanced diet with healthy fats and proteins has helped stimulate milk production for me. Can't wait to discuss more strategies and learn new ones from everyone here!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu