• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Before posting in our feeding forum, make sure you check out our stickied resources thread for helpful information about common feeding issues and solutions! That thread has a wealth of info and may answer your question right away. If not, feel free to create a new thread or reply to an existing one. Keep in mind that we have experienced moms and dads here willing to help with almost any feeding-related issue you describe! Whether you need help troubleshooting a difficult situation or just want to share your own tips and experiences, this is the place! What's your current feeding situation, and how can others help you today?

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Be sure to check out the resources thread first for general feeding issues and solutions - it's a great starting point!

I'm currently dealing with a fussy eater - my 10-month-old seems to have gone off most foods and only wants to nurse. She'll eat some puréed veggies and fruits but rejects most solids. I've tried offering a variety of textures and flavours but she's just not interested. I know it's common at this age but it's frustrating! Any tips for getting her excited about solids again would be great!

Be sure to check out the resources thread first for general feeding issues and solutions - it's a great starting point!

I'm currently dealing with a fussy eater - my 10-month-old seems to have gone off most foods and only wants to nurse. She'll eat some puréed veggies and fruits but rejects most solids. I've tried offering a variety of textures and flavours but she's just not interested. I know it's common at this age but it's frustrating! Any tips for getting her excited about solids again would be great!
Have you tried engaging her with feeding accessories? Sometimes, the culprit could be the same old routine. Try using different utensils and dishes, or even letting her feed herself with finger foods. If she's developmentally ready, allowing her to self-feed might encourage her independence and curiosity about food. You could also try making mealtime a sensory experience by offering a variety of textural foods like soft fruits, chewy bread, or crunchy crackers. It could be a fun way to spark her interest!

Great suggestions, everyone! I'll definitely try mixing up the feeding routine and making mealtime a fun sensory experience. I've noticed that she gets particularly excited when eating finger foods, so I'll make sure to incorporate more of those. Thanks for the ideas!

Reactions: sunflower
Making mealtime an exciting sensory experience is a great way to help them explore different tastes and textures. Finger foods are a fantastic idea to keep that enthusiasm going! Let us know how it goes and feel free to share any fun, new foods you introduce.

Reactions: sunflower
Making mealtime an exciting sensory experience is a great way to help them explore different tastes and textures. Finger foods are a fantastic idea to keep that enthusiasm going! Let us know how it goes and feel free to share any fun, new foods you introduce.
Will do! I'm planning to introduce some tiny pieces of meat this week since she's been doing so well with her self-feeding skills. Could also introduce some minced meat dishes or some soft, cooked vegetables with a nice kick of spices to add some excitement - hopefully she'll enjoy those!

Will do! I'm planning to introduce some tiny pieces of meat this week since she's been doing so well with her self-feeding skills. Could also introduce some minced meat dishes or some soft, cooked vegetables with a nice kick of spices to add some excitement - hopefully she'll enjoy those!
Spicing up her food could be a fun way to add some adventure to her meals Just make sure the spices aren't too strong for her sensitive taste buds. Don't want to accidentally turn her off the new foods you're introducing.肉片应该会很受她的欢迎!要是加一些她熟悉的调味料,可能会增添吃饭的乐趣哦。

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Meat is a great option for tiny fingers! Minced meat especially makes for an easy, versatile meal and can be a blank canvas for different spices and flavors. You could also thread small chunks onto skewers, which she might enjoy as a fun, hands-on experience. Do share your spice secrets if they work wonders - it's exciting to hear about babies developing new flavor preferences!

Spicing up her food could be a fun way to add some adventure to her meals Just make sure the spices aren't too strong for her sensitive taste buds. Don't want to accidentally turn her off the new foods you're introducing.肉片应该会很受她的欢迎!要是加一些她熟悉的调味料,可能会增添吃饭的乐趣哦。
Yes, I'll make sure to introduce spices gradually and carefully! Something tells me she'll love the new flavours though. :)

Yes, I'll make sure to keep the spices mild and slowly introduce bolder flavors. It's a fun experiment!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Meat is a great option for tiny fingers! Minced meat especially makes for an easy, versatile meal and can be a blank canvas for different spices and flavors. You could also thread small chunks onto skewers, which she might enjoy as a fun, hands-on experience. Do share your spice secrets if they work wonders - it's exciting to hear about babies developing new flavor preferences!
I'm thinking of going with some mild curry powder or garlic powder to start. Not too crazy, but just enough to add some zing! Will see how it goes down and maybe experiment further from there. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes, I'll make sure to keep the spices mild and slowly introduce bolder flavors. It's a fun experiment!
That sounds like a good approach. Have fun exploring all the new flavors and don't hesitate to share any cute reactions you get!

That's great! Have a nice weekend and hope your little one enjoys her culinary adventure.

That's awesome to hear! New foods and enjoying them are always an adventure, glad she had a great time!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
I've really been enjoying the little moments of feeding - the excitement, curiosity and antics! It's like a fun adventure watching them figure things out.

Those little moments are so special :) The wonder never seems to wear off either; it's amazing how curious and creative they get! The other day, I saw my betta go all the way up to the top corner of the tank and start gobbling bubbles - turns out there were some gnats flying around and he was having a bubble-y, bug-filled feast haha.

Those little moments are so special :) The wonder never seems to wear off either; it's amazing how curious and creative they get! The other day, I saw my betta go all the way up to the top corner of the tank and start gobbling bubbles - turns out there were some gnats flying around and he was having a bubble-y, bug-filled feast haha.
Oh yes, I've witnessed similar hilarious antics! They just keep you entertained non-stop, don't they? Never a dull moment with these curious little creatures!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu