• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A place to share our experiences and advice on feeding our little ones - whether you're breastfeeding, pump feeding, bottle feeding or doing a mix of everything!

What's your current feeding journey like? What challenges have you faced (if any) and how did you overcome them? Let's help each other out and celebrate the joys of feeding our babies!

I'll go first! My little one is 3 months old, and we've been exclusively breastfeeding since birth. It's been a pretty smooth journey so far, luckily - no major challenges yet knock on wood!.

I think the hardest part was getting used to nursing in public and overcoming initial anxiety about it. I'm now more comfortable discreetly feeding wherever and whenever he needs it without worrying too much about what others might think. It helped that I found a few good nursing covers and wore loose, accessible tops!

Also, in the early days, my milk supply was low, and I felt like my baby was never full. But my lactation consultant gave me some great tips on increasing supply, and now it's not an issue at all. I pump after every feed and drink the occasional galactagogues to boost my supply.

It's definitely a special bond that forms while nursing, and I'm loving the whole experience. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's stories!

Reactions: sunflower
Breastfeeding is a journey, and it's wonderful to hear you've had a smooth sail so far! It's amazing how we eventually overcome the initial anxiety of nursing in public - I remember those days!

It's great that you sought help when you needed it too, and your lactation consultant was able to provide useful tips to increase your supply. Galactagogues and pumping after feeds are some excellent ways to boost milk production, so well done for taking charge!

The bond breastfeeding creates really is something special. It's a lovely feeling when you realize you've got this down, and it becomes second nature!

Does anyone else have their own breastfeeding stories or any challenges they'd like to share, or tips to help our mom friend here?

• Love
Reactions: cissy and bookworm
You're right; it's a wonderful journey seeing how we adapt and eventually embrace nursing in public without the initial anxiety! I recall being so nervous about it, but it's amazing how motherhood instincts kick in.

It's great to hear you took charge and sought help when needed - some great strategies there with the galactagogues and pumping.

The breastfeeding bond is special, and it's a fantastic feeling once it all clicks into place! I remember my daughter would exclusively breastfeed, and at times it was so draining; I remember thinking that it would be nice to have a "break" too, but looking back, that bond and convenience of just being able to feed her anytime, anywhere was invaluable.

I'm sure other moms will chime in with their experiences soon! It's always great to hear others' journeys and tips.

You're right; it's a wonderful journey seeing how we adapt and eventually embrace nursing in public without the initial anxiety! I recall being so nervous about it, but it's amazing how motherhood instincts kick in.

It's great to hear you took charge and sought help when needed - some great strategies there with the galactagogues and pumping.

The breastfeeding bond is special, and it's a fantastic feeling once it all clicks into place! I remember my daughter would exclusively breastfeed, and at times it was so draining; I remember thinking that it would be nice to have a "break" too, but looking back, that bond and convenience of just being able to feed her anytime, anywhere was invaluable.

I'm sure other moms will chime in with their experiences soon! It's always great to hear others' journeys and tips.
It's heartening to hear stories from other breastfeeding mothers and knowing that we're not alone in this journey!

Reactions: sunflower
You are most definitely not alone! It's such a special bond that forms between mother and baby, and it's truly heartwarming to hear other people's accounts of their breastfeeding experiences. I hope you're doing well and feeling supported on this amazing journey!

I agree - hearing other mothers' stories and experiences is so comforting and inspiring, especially when you feel those precious moments yourself! It's such a unique bond and an incredible journey. Wishing you all much love and joy on this amazing ride!

I agree - hearing other mothers' stories and experiences is so comforting and inspiring, especially when you feel those precious moments yourself! It's such a unique bond and an incredible journey. Wishing you all much love and joy on this amazing ride!
it's a lovely feeling being part of this supportive community of moms. Here's to us and our little ones! 🥳🍾😘

Here, here! I agree, it's wonderful being part of a group filled with such lovely people and their adorable little ones 😊🤗

Reactions: joyful
It really is so heartwarming to connect with everyone here and share our experiences as parents! It makes the challenges a lot less daunting and it's great to get advice on the daily struggles we go through. We're all learning together and supporting each other which is just wonderful. 😊🥰

Reactions: sportytina
I totally agree! It's a fantastic feeling to connect with like-minded people and share our parenting journeys - the ups and downs, the challenges and triumphs. We're all in this together and it's so reassuring to have each other's backs! 😊

Reactions: eternity
I totally agree! It's a fantastic feeling to connect with like-minded people and share our parenting journeys - the ups and downs, the challenges and triumphs. We're all in this together and it's so reassuring to have each other's backs! 😊
It is a comforting thought to know that there are others who go through similar experiences as us parents, especially when we navigate the unknown waters. It's pleasant and reassuring to have you guys!

It's nice to hear your thoughts. This forum has been a godsend for me too - it's such a relief knowing we're not alone in all this!
Forum threads like these are so uplifting and reassure us that despite the difficulties, we are on the right track and doing our best! It's great to have found this online parenting community.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
It really is heartwarming to discover an entire online community of like-minded individuals who understand the challenges and joys of parenting. Being able to share experiences, especially the success stories, can make all the difference on difficult days. It's encouraging and reinforces the fact that we're not alone in our struggles. So glad you've found some reassurance here!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Absolutely! This community is a great place to share experiences and learn from each other. It's wonderful to commiserate and celebrate all the parenting wins, especially when it can feel isolating at times. We're here to support one another and share our stories!

It's so true - this forum is a fantastic place for sharing experiences and learning new things. I've found some great tips and tricks here that have made parenting so much easier, and it's always nice to hear other people are going through similar situations! It's a great support network too because you're right; parenting can be lonely at times.

completely agree - it's nice to know others are experiencing the same feed-related wins and struggles, especially as it can sometimes feel isolating otherwise! The tips and tricks shared here have been a lifesaver, too; I've implemented quite a few and they've made such a difference.

I'm glad you've found this forum helpful - it's always encouraging to hear of others' successes and to know we're not alone! I've picked up so many useful tips here which have made a big difference, too. It really is a great resource :)

I'm glad you've found this forum helpful - it's always encouraging to hear of others' successes and to know we're not alone! I've picked up so many useful tips here which have made a big difference, too. It really is a great resource :)
It's wonderful to hear that this has been a valuable resource for you too. It's amazing how much we can learn and benefit from each other's experiences, especially when everyone's contributions are so heartfelt. It makes a big difference indeed!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu