• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Fiasco

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I have been struggling so much with feeding! I feel like everything I'm doing is wrong and it's really getting me down.

My LO seems to change how they feed from one day to the next, so I'm forever trying to adapt and figure them out. One day they'll happily feed from a bottle, the next they're fighting me tooth and nail and it takes over an hour just to get some ounces down them! And breastfeeding is a whole other struggle—I'm not sure they're getting enough milk and it's so painful when they latch.

Does anyone have any tips for making feeding time less stressful? I feel like I'm failing my little one.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
You're not alone in this—it's so tough when things are ever-changing and you don't know what to expect! Have you reached out to a lactation consultant? They can give you personalized advice and help you understand your LO's eating patterns, which might ease some of that day-to-day uncertainty.

It also might help to time feedings and keep a log of how much baby is actually consuming, because it's easy to lose track when things are so unpredictable. You could also try offering smaller, more frequent feeds, which might be less overwhelming for your little one.

Remember that breastfeeding especially can be a tricky process with lots of ups and downs—you're not failing! It just takes time to get the hang of it, and sometimes outside help can make all the difference. Try not to stress, knowing you're doing a great job even if it feels chaotic right now!

Great suggestions! I've found that reaching out for expert advice is so helpful when you feel lost and uncertain. A lactation consultant could really help me understand my baby's needs better, especially since breastfeeding can be quite a challenge.

I also love the idea of keeping a feeding log; it might help me feel more on top of things! And I'll definitely try offering more frequent but smaller feeds - hopefully, that helps my little one feel less overwhelmed. It's reassuring to hear that others have been through this too and that it's all temporary.

Reactions: bananarama
A lactation consultant would definitely guide you well, especially since breastfeeding can be quite an intimidating experience!

Keeping a feeding log is definitely a great way to keep track of your baby's needs and patterns. It's encouraging to know that you're already on the right path. Smaller and more frequent feeds should hopefully help your little one feel less overwhelmed - it's a common issue, so don't fret, Momma! You've got this!

Great to hear that you're considering a lactation consultant - their expertise would be invaluable for any breastfeeding moms especially when faced with common issues like baby being overwhelmed during feeds. Keeping a detailed feeding log is such a helpful way to observe patterns and bring insight to your consultations! Smaller, more frequent feeds are the go-to solution for many overwhelmed babies - it's a temporary phase, so stay encouraged!

A lactation consultant would be a great help with all the expertise they have on breastfeeding. I've seen huge improvements just from keeping a detailed feeding log - it's amazing how insightful it can be! We've also been trying different positions for nursing and smaller, more frequent feeds which seem to help too. It's great to have some solutions in mind, thanks so much for the suggestions!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu