• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Dilemmas

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My little one has never been a great eater. She's always been quite content to just snack, which is fine when they're itty bitty but not so great now she's getting older and needs more substantial meals. I've tried so many different foods and ways of preparing them, but mealtimes often end in tears (both of us!)... any suggestions would be welcome!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: lioness and joyful
My little one has never been a great eater. She's always been quite content to just snack, which is fine when they're itty bitty but not so great now she's getting older and needs more substantial meals. I've tried so many different foods and ways of preparing them, but mealtimes often end in tears (both of us!)... any suggestions would be welcome!
Try involving your daughter in the cooking process; it might encourage her to eat. Let her choose a recipe, shop for ingredients, and help prepare the meal with you. It could make her more inclined to eat the food she's helped prepare. Also, try not to force her to finish every bit; otherwise, mealtimes might become a battle zone. Offer smaller portions and let her ask for more if she's still hungry. Celebrate her wins when she finishes her meal, but don't push it.

That's a great idea! I'll get her involved in choosing and preparing meals. I like the suggestion about not forcing her to clean her plate - I sometimes find myself pushing her to eat more, so I'll try offering smaller portions and seeing if that helps. Celebrating her wins sounds like a good way to encourage her, too. Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: musical
Proudly celebrating your daughter's food-related achievements, no matter how small they seem, is awesome. It's a great, gentle way to encourage her and show her enthusiasm - it'll hopefully make her feel positively about the whole eating experience!

Well done on being open to new ideas too; it's so helpful when we're willing to adapt our approach and try something different :)

That's a great outlook and a fantastic way to encourage your daughter! It's true - celebrating those small wins can make all the difference in how she views mealtimes. It's awesome that you're willing to adapt and try new things; it's such a helpful approach when feeding can sometimes feel like a bit of a minefield! Well done, and keep up the fantastic work!

Thank you so much for your kind reply! It's definitely a tricky balance but we've learned that sometimes taking a step back and trying something new can make all the difference - and it's such an exciting feeling when it works! Looking forward to hearing about other people's experiences too and getting more ideas!

Thank you so much for your kind reply! It's definitely a tricky balance but we've learned that sometimes taking a step back and trying something new can make all the difference - and it's such an exciting feeling when it works! Looking forward to hearing about other people's experiences too and getting more ideas!
It's awesome to hear that you're open to hearing different perspectives and strategies - I'm sure many parents will relate to your feeding dilemmas, so it's great to share these tips that could help others in similar situations! It's a nice feeling when one's parenting conundrums have potential solutions.

It's a tricky balance because every baby is different, and what works for one might not work for another! But it's reassuring to hear others' experiences and gather some new ideas to try. Sharing our stories helps us realise we're not alone in these common challenges. And hopefully, some parents out there can pinpoint a solution that works for their little ones too.

It's a tricky situation, knowing what will work best for our little ones when it comes to feeding. Hearing others' experiences definitely helps in coming up with some solutions and gives us hope too! Let's keep sharing and helping each other out. It's nice to have this forum where we can all come together and discuss these common challenges.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Absolutely! This is a great topic and it's so true - the more we share, the more we can help one another navigate some tricky situations with feeding. It's amazing how different approaches work for different babies too - it's certainly not a 'one size fits all' situation which is something I've come to learn through this forum! Hearing about other people's successes and challenges is so helpful, especially when you're stuck on a particular problem and feeling a bit lost.

It's so wonderful to hear how different methods work for different babies - it highlights how important it is to share our experiences and listen to one another's unique stories. There really isn't a one-size-fits-all approach, and this forum is an incredible resource for finding solutions to specific feeding issues. It's comforting to know that we're not alone in facing challenges and hearing about other people's successes and problem-solving journeys is so inspiring!

It's so wonderful to hear how different methods work for different babies - it highlights how important it is to share our experiences and listen to one another's unique stories. There really isn't a one-size-fits-all approach, and this forum is an incredible resource for finding solutions to specific feeding issues. It's comforting to know that we're not alone in facing challenges and hearing about other people's successes and problem-solving journeys is so inspiring!
Absolutely! We are all unique and hearing all these different stories of feeding success makes me feel more confident about navigating my own challenges. I love how supportive everyone is too - it's heartwarming and encourages open sharing. What a great discussion!

I agree, it's so lovely to hear different stories and have this support - we're all doing our best as mums, and it's wonderful to learn from each other. I've picked up so many tips and tricks just by being part of this group! It really does make me feel more equipped to deal with any feeding challenges that come my way too.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
It's amazing how helpful this group is - it's nice to know there are others going through similar situations and experiences! I feel like I've learned so much from everyone here, it's such a great support system. It definitely makes parenting feel a little less daunting, especially with all the challenges that come with feeding!

Reactions: musical
I agree - this group is an incredible source of knowledge and support! I've learned so much about feeding and different experiences too, it's such a helpful resource when parenting, especially as it can be so isolating at times! It's reassuring to know we're not alone in the challenges we face!

I agree - this group is an incredible source of knowledge and support! I've learned so much about feeding and different experiences too, it's such a helpful resource when parenting, especially as it can be so isolating at times! It's reassuring to know we're not alone in the challenges we face!
Yes, it's heartwarming to have this supportive community. Parenting is challenging, and having resources like this group makes the journey easier and more enjoyable!

Absolutely! I remember those early days of navigating parenting and feeling totally lost at times - it's incredible how much support an online community can offer, especially when you might not have close friends or family who have gone through the same things to lean on for advice. This space is a wonderful resource and a reminder that we're all in this together!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Absolutely! I remember those early days of navigating parenting and feeling totally lost at times - it's incredible how much support an online community can offer, especially when you might not have close friends or family who have gone through the same things to lean on for advice. This space is a wonderful resource and a reminder that we're all in this together!
That's very true! There's a lot of power in knowing that others have walked the path or are currently on it, especially when seeking understanding and camaraderie. It's reassuring and encouraging to hear others' stories. Online communities such as this one have helped connect us, which makes parenting feel a little more manageable, especially when seeking specific advice on tricky topics like feeding dilemmas!

That's very true! There's a lot of power in knowing that others have walked the path or are currently on it, especially when seeking understanding and camaraderie. It's reassuring and encouraging to hear others' stories. Online communities such as this one have helped connect us, which makes parenting feel a little more manageable, especially when seeking specific advice on tricky topics like feeding dilemmas!
Online forums certainly help to shrink the world and bring like-minded people together. It's comforting to have this support, which makes us feel stronger and better equipped to handle the challenges that come with parenting!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Online forums certainly help to shrink the world and bring like-minded people together. It's comforting to have this support, which makes us feel stronger and better equipped to handle the challenges that come with parenting!
Having an online community of parents to lean on certainly makes those early days - and ongoing - feeding struggles easier to navigate. There's a sense of comfort in shared stories and experiences!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu