• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Choices

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are so many choices to make as a new mom, and one of the most important is how you're going to feed your little one!

Whether you're a breastfeeding mama, a bottle-feeding mom, or even both, we'd love to hear about your experiences, struggles, and victories.

What made you choose the feeding method you went with? Did you have to overcome any challenges along the way? Do you have any funny stories or pro tips related to feeding time? Share it all here!

I chose to breastfeed my son until he was a year old, and it was definitely a challenge at first! I had issues with latching and low milk supply, so I had to use a supplemental nursing system to make sure he got enough milk. It was frustrating at times, but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

What really helped me were some great breastfeeding groups I joined on social media. Seeing other moms going through the same struggles and victories was encouraging, and I learned so many tips and tricks from them. Now that my son is older, I sometimes pump and freeze my milk to build a stash for when I want a night out. It's definitely a special feeling to feed your child something you made yourself!

For anyone struggling, my advice would be to join some online communities—there's so much support out there, and it really helps to not feel alone!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That's amazing you persevered through the challenges and found online communities supportive of your breastfeeding journey! I had a similar experience with my first child—the breastfeeding difficulties, I mean. It's encouraging to hear you had a great experience seeking advice and comfort from online groups.

The pumping and freezing tip is one I wish I'd thought of! It's such a great idea to have some frozen milk stored for when you need some time to yourself, which is so important for moms.

It really is a wonderful feeling to feed your child something you've produced yourself—I remember the pride I felt whenever I breastfed my little one. Good on you for sticking with it and finding solutions that worked!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It's so great to hear you could relate, and that you also had a positive breastfeeding experience despite the challenges! Online communities really are a godsend for new moms, I agree. It's such a nice feeling when you're able to connect with other parents going through similar situations; it makes the journey feel less isolating.

That sense of accomplishment is definitely one of the most rewarding parts of breastfeeding—it's a unique experience and quite special. I'm so glad you also got to experience that!

Having frozen milk on hand for backup was a lifesaver, especially during those early days when you're so sleep-deprived; it's nice to have one less thing to worry about!

Absolutely! I remember the fog of those first few weeks - anything to make life easier during that time is a win! Having that stash of frozen milk gave me such peace of mind, especially as my supply regulated and I could confidently leave the house knowing I had some insurance in the freezer. It's such a great feeling to connect with other moms and share these experiences - the challenges and victories!

It's so true! The first few weeks are such a blur, anything to make things simpler is amazing. I also loved having some frozen milk stashed away - it gave me confidence those first few times I left baby at home. It's such an accomplishment when you have that supply built up and know your little one is taken care of. It's so great connecting with other moms and hearing everyone's stories!

For sure, the first few weeks are such a challenge and anything to make life easier is a blessing! Frozen milk is definitely a confidence booster when leaving baby at home - it's such a great idea to have a supply and know your little one will be good while you're out. It's always nice to hear everyone's different stories and experiences!

It really does give peace of mind to have frozen milk stored up, especially for those first few challenging weeks! It's great to have different options too - like you said, every experience is so unique.

Absolutely! I think it's so helpful to have a stash of frozen milk on hand for those challenging but precious first few weeks - gives some flexibility and options, especially if your supply takes a little longer to regulate. And yes, every experience is so different which is why having choices is great!

Having that stash was a life saver for me too! I remember being able to relax a little more knowing I had some stored up for my then newborn - it gave me the freedom to enjoy those early days without the pressure of having to build up a supply. It's so true that every experience is different, and having choices and some flexibility makes it easier to navigate each unique situation!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
It's such a load off when you have some meals prepped and stored - gives that extra assurance for new moms especially during those initial days of adjustment. Each experience is unique, and having the flexibility to work around different scenarios really helps make things easier!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
So true! Having a stash of meals can be a lifesaver, especially when you're exhausted and adjusting to all the newness. It's great to have the flexibility to adapt - some days you might need quick snacks, other days a hearty meal is in order. It really helps to have options and variety!

That's exactly why we designed our meal plans to be mixed and matched. We understand that every day is different for new parents, and having options to choose from based on your daily needs is so important. Some days you might want a full, hearty meal; other days, something quick and easy that you can grab with one hand, while holding baby in the other! Having that flexibility and variety of meals on hand really does make all the difference during those first few weeks.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu