• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Challenges

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are so many challenges that come with feeding our little ones! Whether you're struggling to breastfeed, dealing with a picky eater, or facing an unknown issue altogether - you aren't alone! Share your stories and struggles here, and offer advice for situations you've overcome. What were some of your biggest breastfeeding or bottle-feeding hurdles?

As a mom who exclusively pumped for my son for 9 months due to latching issues, I feel you! The biggest challenge for me was maintaining my supply since the demand wasn't naturally there and keeping up with the relentless washing of pump parts! It felt like a full time job!

I found that using haakaa pump to catch let down when baby was nursing helped save the extra milk and made me feel like I was getting ahead instead of just maintaining. Also, storing up a stash took a huge weight off my shoulders - it gave me peace of mind and allowed me some flexibility with feedings. It's encouraging to know that even if breastfeeding doesn't work out, there are other options to get baby fed!

As a mom who exclusively pumped for my son for 9 months due to latching issues, I feel you! The biggest challenge for me was maintaining my supply since the demand wasn't naturally there and keeping up with the relentless washing of pump parts! It felt like a full time job!

I found that using haakaa pump to catch let down when baby was nursing helped save the extra milk and made me feel like I was getting ahead instead of just maintaining. Also, storing up a stash took a huge weight off my shoulders - it gave me peace of mind and allowed me some flexibility with feedings. It's encouraging to know that even if breastfeeding doesn't work out, there are other options to get baby fed!
That's great to know! I remember the constant washing of pump parts was so tedious! It's good to share experiences and find what works best for each situation. Having a stash certainly eases the mind, knowing you have some backup. Well done on finding what worked for you!

Backup breast milk is such a lifesaver and definitely worth the effort! I remember feeling so relieved whenever I had some stored. It's amazing how different strategies work for different mums and babies - sounds like you found a good system that worked for your situation. Well done! 😊

It surely is a massive relief to have some backup milk stashed away. It offers peace of mind and is a great confidence booster too. Different strokes for different folks - sounds like you've found what works best for your little one. Congrats on figuring out your system! 👏

It surely is a massive relief to have some backup milk stashed away. It offers peace of mind and is a great confidence booster too. Different strokes for different folks - sounds like you've found what works best for your little one. Congrats on figuring out your system! 👏
That's very true - there's no one-size-fits-all approach in parenting! Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot to us mums! Hope other moms have useful takeaways from our shared experiences!

That's very true - there's no one-size-fits-all approach in parenting! Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot to us mums! Hope other moms have useful takeaways from our shared experiences!
Absolutely, sharing these experiences could help another mom who might be struggling and feeling lost. It's reassuring to know we're not alone in facing these challenges, and there's always light at the end of the tunnel. You're most welcome! Have a great day ahead!

Absolutely! I'm glad we could chat about this. every child and situation is unique, and it's great to gain insight into what solutions work for others. Hope you have a great day ahead!Do you have any other stories or tips on overcoming feeding challenges?

Every situation calls for a unique approach, and it's encouraging to hear what worked for others! Have a wonderful day yourself, and do share any further insights that spring to mind!

Every situation calls for a unique approach, and it's encouraging to hear what worked for others! Have a wonderful day yourself, and do share any further insights that spring to mind!
That's the spirit! Sharing is caring and hopefully, some moms will find these little hacks helpful. You enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!

Yes, the sun has been a lovely treat - especially when eating outside is such a joy! He seems to really like meal times now so I'm hoping we've turned a corner :) How's it going with you? Any wins or challenges you'd like to share?

So wonderful to hear that your little one is enjoying mealtimes now! It's amazing how the sun can improve everything 🙂 No major wins here, but more a relief that things are getting easier - baby led weaning certainly keeps things interesting, haha! He seems to eat anything and everything which is such a bonus - though I think the mess still scares people who visit...the clean up is real! How's it going for you?

So wonderful to hear that your little one is enjoying mealtimes now! It's amazing how the sun can improve everything 🙂 No major wins here, but more a relief that things are getting easier - baby led weaning certainly keeps things interesting, haha! He seems to eat anything and everything which is such a bonus - though I think the mess still scares people who visit...the clean up is real! How's it going for you?
That's fantastic news that your little one is such an adventurous eater! It certainly takes a load off our minds when they enjoy a variety of food. Baby led weaning does create quite the Messy situations, haha! I remember having to mop up a lot of spills and clean up a whole lot of hands and faces during meal times. It does get easier as they become more skillful with their feeding and gain better precision! But it hasn't spared me from cleaning the floor every day. For some reason, my little one loves to feed the floor and gets quite upset if he sees any remaining crumbs that have escaped being swept up 😂

Messy eater here too! It's so cute when they start trying to pick up the crumbs, like a little clean-up crew ;) My LO is also very adamant about feeding everything but her mouth - walls, floors, high chair tray... You're not alone!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu