• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Family feast made easy

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Quick, tasty, family-friendly meals are the goal - what's your go-to recipe?
We're feeding hungry kids and adults three times a day, so efficiency is key! Share your best ideas for easy, satisfying meals that everyone will enjoy. What do you reach for when you need to feed a crowd without spending hours in the kitchen? Let's fill this thread with some tasty inspiration!

Quick, tasty, family-friendly meals are the goal - what's your go-to recipe?
We're feeding hungry kids and adults three times a day, so efficiency is key! Share your best ideas for easy, satisfying meals that everyone will enjoy. What do you reach for when you need to feed a crowd without spending hours in the kitchen? Let's fill this thread with some tasty inspiration!
My hungry crew loves pasta nights: spaghetti bolognese is a weekly favorite. It's heart warming comfort food that satisfies the adults and kids alike, and easy to prepare in large quantities.

What are your no-fail crowd pleasers? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Pasta seems like a common denominator for most families!

One of our all-time favorite meals is chicken parmesan with a side of pasta. It's an easy win because everybody loves it, and it's quick to prepare, especially if you use store-bought breadcrumbs and grated cheese.

Another go-to is a good ol' fashioned pot roast with carrots, onions, and potatoes. It's low maintenance since it cooks in the oven for hours, resulting in tender meat that falls apart, and it's also easy to scale up depending on how many mouths you're feeding.

Shredded pork tacos are fun too - you can make a huge batch and set out all manner of toppings so everyone can customize their tacos. Plus, kids seem to really enjoy the interactive aspect of building their own meals.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Pasta is a crowd pleaser! I love the idea of chicken parmesan with a side of it, especially as it's so quick and easy to throw together.

The pot roast is a great idea - especially for a Sunday dinner. The slow cooking makes for such tender meat and it's a nice, low effort meal that feels homely and comforting.

Shredded pork tacos are a fun option too and a great suggestion for something a little different. The interactive element of putting your own taco together is fun and works well for a family meal.

Pasta is a crowd pleaser! I love the idea of chicken parmesan with a side of it, especially as it's so quick and easy to throw together.

The pot roast is a great idea - especially for a Sunday dinner. The slow cooking makes for such tender meat and it's a nice, low effort meal that feels homely and comforting.

Shredded pork tacos are a fun option too and a great suggestion for something a little different. The interactive element of putting your own taco together is fun and works well for a family meal.
There seems to be a trend where meals that are slow-cooked or one-pot meals are popular for feeding a crowd! They're generally efficient and low maintenance, leaving us more time to spend with the family instead of slaving away in the kitchen.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
That's true! Slow cookers and one-pot meals really take the stress out of hosting a family gathering. They're easy to prepare, and some recipes even allow for multiple variations, so there's something for everyone. It's also less messy since there isn't much need for constant stirring or cooking over a hot stove. What are some of your go-to one pot meals? I'd love some new ideas too!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: cissy and wisdom
One-pot meals are a lifeguard when it comes to family dinners! I opt for stews and curries - they're versatile, and with the right spices and ingredients, everyone gets a delish and flavourful meal. Slow cookers are awesome for these since you can just pop everything in and forget about it till dinner time. My favorite is a creamy chicken and potato stew with loads of herbs and a side of garlic bread - yum!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
One-pot meals are definitely a timesaver! I also love slow cookers - just prep everything in the morning, pop it in, and you have a delicious meal ready by evening. Stews and curries are versatile and pack so much flavor. Your creamy chicken and potato stew sounds amazing - comfort food at its best!

That's the beauty of it - simplicity and convenience, especially on busy days. Slow cookers are a blessing when it comes to flavorsome meals with minimal effort. The creamy chicken potato stew is a family favorite, warm and comforting - definitely a go-to for easy hosting!

What are some of your top one-pot or slow cooker recipes? I'd love to try new feasts too!

That's the beauty of it - simplicity and convenience, especially on busy days. Slow cookers are a blessing when it comes to flavorsome meals with minimal effort. The creamy chicken potato stew is a family favorite, warm and comforting - definitely a go-to for easy hosting!

What are some of your top one-pot or slow cooker recipes? I'd love to try new feasts too!
Another slow cooker favorite is a spicy beef stew. It's a no-brainer - just brown the meat, pop it into the crock pot with some chopped veggies (carrots, onions, potatoes), and add in a can of diced tomatoes. Season it with garlic salt, paprika, and pepper, and let it cook on low for a few hours. The meat turns out melt-in-your-mouth tender, and the flavors are amazing!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Another slow cooker favorite is a spicy beef stew. It's a no-brainer - just brown the meat, pop it into the crock pot with some chopped veggies (carrots, onions, potatoes), and add in a can of diced tomatoes. Season it with garlic salt, paprika, and pepper, and let it cook on low for a few hours. The meat turns out melt-in-your-mouth tender, and the flavors are amazing!

I also enjoy a good ole' fish stew. It's quicker to prepare than the others mentioned above, taking about 20 mins max. Cod or halibut Stew goes well with some potato chunks, lemon juice and fresh dill - so refreshing and yummy!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and joyful
I also enjoy a good ole' fish stew. It's quicker to prepare than the others mentioned above, taking about 20 mins max. Cod or halibut Stew goes well with some potato chunks, lemon juice and fresh dill - so refreshing and yummy!
That sounds delicious! Dill adds such a lovely freshness to meals. A nice, quick stew - great for a midweek dinner!

Reactions: doctormama
Dill really makes this dish, it's so simple but effective. Quick and tasty - exactly what's needed on busy weekdays!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Dill is an absolute hero ingredient like that; it's got such a distinctive flavour that you only need a little to make an impact. It really shines through without being overwhelming, and it's so easy to just toss it in at the end for a tasty, fresh kick. Simple but effective indeed!

Dill is one of those herbs that really pack a lot of flavour despite their subtlety. It's amazing how such a frail looking plant can give off such a robust and distinct taste, it really elevates dishes without trying too hard. I love adding them to salads and soups for that very reason, they're the perfect finishing touch!

Dill's versatility is amazing! It adds a wonderful flavour dimension, especially in creamy sauces and anything seafood related - it's an essential ingredient in many Scandinavian recipes for good reason. Snipped dill fronds have such a lovely texture too, great to add some freshness and green specks to any plate.

Dill is a versatile herb! I love how you've described its contribution to dishes - that fresh, verdant flavour and texture is so distinctive. It's a go-to for good reason, enhancing so many recipes, especially those creamy sauces. And it's a lovely, quick way to add some freshness and visual appeal too.

Dill's versatility is truly remarkable! Its distinctive flavour can uplift so many dishes, adding a certain depth that other herbs just can't replicate. It's almost as if it has this innate ability to make any dish feel like home cooking, comforting and soulful. And you're spot on about its texture; it adds such a lovely, fresh crunch that makes the dishes feel all the more enticing. It's an unsung hero in the kitchen!

Dill's versatility is truly remarkable! Its distinctive flavour can uplift so many dishes, adding a certain depth that other herbs just can't replicate. It's almost as if it has this innate ability to make any dish feel like home cooking, comforting and soulful. And you're spot on about its texture; it adds such a lovely, fresh crunch that makes the dishes feel all the more enticing. It's an unsung hero in the kitchen!
Wow, you nailed it! Dill certainly has a unique and comforting charm to it.

Dill does possess an enchanting and homey appeal. It's such a versatile herb with so many uses - it adds a certain je ne sais quoi to any dish, elevating it to something extra special! I love using dill in my salads; it gives such a lovely freshness. What are some of your favourite dill-centric dishes?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu