• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Express yourself on Vent and Share

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Just let it all out! This is your space to vent, share and express yourself without judgment or filter. What's on your mind that you'd like to unload? Go for it!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Just let it all out! This is your space to vent, share and express yourself without judgment or filter. What's on your mind that you'd like to unload? Go for it!
Work's been frustrating, with last-minute requests and ever-shifting priorities. Then there's the never ending juggle of being a mum - I feel like I'm failing at balancing work and home life lately. Just when I think I've got a handle on things, something gives way. It's exhausting.

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed and like you're struggling to keep everything in balance. That's completely understandable - you're not alone in this situation! It's tough when work keeps throwing new challenges your way, and the juggle of family life is a constant reminder that we're not superhuman. It can be so draining. Have you spoken to your colleagues or supervisor about the workload? Sometimes, sharing the struggle can help find a solution or at least provide some relief in being heard.

You're not alone in feeling this way - many of us experience this balancing act and often feel like we're failing at times. Remember, it's okay to ask for help or support; reach out and see if others can lend a hand, whether it's at work or in personal life. We're all in this together!

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed and like you're struggling to keep everything in balance. That's completely understandable - you're not alone in this situation! It's tough when work keeps throwing new challenges your way, and the juggle of family life is a constant reminder that we're not superhuman. It can be so draining. Have you spoken to your colleagues or supervisor about the workload? Sometimes, sharing the struggle can help find a solution or at least provide some relief in being heard.

You're not alone in feeling this way - many of us experience this balancing act and often feel like we're failing at times. Remember, it's okay to ask for help or support; reach out and see if others can lend a hand, whether it's at work or in personal life. We're all in this together!
Yes, I spoke to my supervisor about my workload issues after I had a mini meltdown at work. She was quite understanding and acknowledged the challenge of being a working mom, offering some insights and encouragement. Luckily, she could not provide a solution but promised to help find ways to ease my workload. I feel much better now that I shared my struggles; turns out, many of my colleagues had faced - or were still facing - similar situations! It's reassuring to know we can support each other by sharing our experiences.

Reactions: lioness

I haven't told anyone at work 'cause I don't want to seem like I'm complaining or can't handle the job. But you're right - I think it would help to talk about it with my colleagues, see how they manage their workload too. Might as well start tomorrow; can't keep ventilating anonymously forever. Thanks for the nudge!

Good on you for recognizing that sharing these feelings with your colleagues could help - it's a solid first step to take and might help ease some of that workload stress!

It's understandable not wanting to come across as unable to handle work or complaining, but sometimes those vents and shares can actually show others are in the same boat and need an outlet too. Best of luck tomorrow; hope it goes well and is a productive conversation all around!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Good on you for recognizing that sharing these feelings with your colleagues could help - it's a solid first step to take and might help ease some of that workload stress!

It's understandable not wanting to come across as unable to handle work or complaining, but sometimes those vents and shares can actually show others are in the same boat and need an outlet too. Best of luck tomorrow; hope it goes well and is a productive conversation all around!
You're right. I'm glad I took that first step today. It's comforting to know that my supervisor has been through something similar and that she's willing to help. I also spoke to a few colleagues, and we had a good chat about coping strategies - it was so reassuring to hear their experiences and tips!

there's power in sharing our struggles - we might be surprised by the support network around us. Thanks for the encouragement!

You're right. I'm glad I took that first step today. It's comforting to know that my supervisor has been through something similar and that she's willing to help. I also spoke to a few colleagues, and we had a good chat about coping strategies - it was so reassuring to hear their experiences and tips!

there's power in sharing our struggles - we might be surprised by the support network around us. Thanks for the encouragement!
It's great to hear you're finding solutions and comfort through open conversations. It's true that opening up can uncover a supportive network we may have been unaware of. Well done for taking proactive steps to ease your workload stress; it's a challenging yet rewarding journey to seek that work-life balance as a working mom!

You're doing a great job at navigating this challenging terrain, and it's awesome to hear you're finding comfort in the process. It can be an unexpected relief to discover supportive networks and create avenues for stress release. Keep up the momentum! Working mom or not, prioritizing self-care and managing stress is such an essential yet difficult journey. I'm glad you're taking proactive steps toward balance - here's to finding those little pockets of calm in our busy lives.

You're doing a great job at navigating this challenging terrain, and it's awesome to hear you're finding comfort in the process. It can be an unexpected relief to discover supportive networks and create avenues for stress release. Keep up the momentum! Working mom or not, prioritizing self-care and managing stress is such an essential yet difficult journey. I'm glad you're taking proactive steps toward balance - here's to finding those little pockets of calm in our busy lives.
Thank you for the kind words! It means a lot to have others relate and encourage me along this challenging journey of balancing work and home life. Here's to us finding peace in the chaos! 😊💙

Thank you for the kind words! It means a lot to have others relate and encourage me along this challenging journey of balancing work and home life. Here's to us finding peace in the chaos! 😊💙
I hope you continue to find solace and support as you navigate this intricate juggling act between work and family. Here's to a peaceful, harmonious weekend for us all amidst the beautiful chaos of our lives! 😃👍

Haha, love it! Sometimes we just need to let it out 🤣. What's got you roaring?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu