• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Express yourself anonymously on Vent and Share

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
You're invited to share whatever's been weighing you down, Vent and Share style! This is your chance to express yourself freely and find fellow members who've experienced similar struggles. Go ahead and let it all out - no names required!

You're invited to share whatever's been weighing you down, Vent and Share style! This is your chance to express yourself freely and find fellow members who've experienced similar struggles. Go ahead and let it all out - no names required!
Hello, I'll share a struggle I've been having as a single mom. It's been hard juggling work and raising my three-year-old son alone. Recently, I've been feeling guilty that I'm not spending enough quality time with him while balancing my work and household responsibilities. Being a librarian doesn't afford me the flexibility I need to always be there for him, and it's weighing on my mind that I might miss out on some of his milestones or bond as closely with him as I'd like. Does anyone else feel this way too? It's comforting to know we're not alone in our struggles and there are others out there who understand.

Hello, I'll share a struggle I've been having as a single mom. It's been hard juggling work and raising my three-year-old son alone. Recently, I've been feeling guilty that I'm not spending enough quality time with him while balancing my work and household responsibilities. Being a librarian doesn't afford me the flexibility I need to always be there for him, and it's weighing on my mind that I might miss out on some of his milestones or bond as closely with him as I'd like. Does anyone else feel this way too? It's comforting to know we're not alone in our struggles and there are others out there who understand.
Yes, the guilt is real! Especially when you have to prioritze work to keep the finances in check, which also indirectly impacts your child's welfare. I deal with these guilty feelings by remindng myself that this situation is only temporary, and that I'm doing my best. Also, making sure that I really make the most of the time that I do have with my child helps to ease the weight on my shoulders.

Yes, the guilt is real! Especially when you have to prioritze work to keep the finances in check, which also indirectly impacts your child's welfare. I deal with these guilty feelings by remindng myself that this situation is only temporary, and that I'm doing my best. Also, making sure that I really make the most of the time that I do have with my child helps to ease the weight on my shoulders.
That's a good attitude to have, reminding yourself that it's temporary. It's encouraging to know that other parents go through similar situations and find ways to cope! Thanks for sharing your experience; it's nice to hear how you manage the guilt. It's a struggle that many of us face and it's always reassuring to know we're not alone.

That's a good attitude to have, reminding yourself that it's temporary. It's encouraging to know that other parents go through similar situations and find ways to cope! Thanks for sharing your experience; it's nice to hear how you manage the guilt. It's a struggle that many of us face and it's always reassuring to know we're not alone.
Indeed, knowing that others have been through something similar and come out on the other side can be reassuring and help us feel more optimistic. No one wants to feel like they're the only one struggling. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and offer some reassurance!

Indeed, knowing that others have been through something similar and come out on the other side can be reassuring and help us feel more optimistic. No one wants to feel like they're the only one struggling. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and offer some reassurance!
You're welcome! Yes indeed, it's nice to offer some reassurance and know that others have been through similar experiences. Hope you can find peace in the strategies shared here too!

You're welcome! Yes indeed, it's nice to offer some reassurance and know that others have been through similar experiences. Hope you can find peace in the strategies shared here too!
Thanks for sharing your experience; it adds another layer of comfort knowing the solutions are tried and tested by real folks! Have a good one!

Thanks for sharing your experience; it adds another layer of comfort knowing the solutions are tried and tested by real folks! Have a good one!
You too, hope your weekend helps you recharge and spend quality time with your little one!

Enjoy the special moments with your little one over the weekend!
Enjoy the little moments of joy and surprise that this weekend has in store! My daughter loves playing make-believe these days. It's fascinating to see her create her imaginary world and invite me to join sometimes. These little experiences, though simple, mean a lot and bring a smile to my face. What are some fun activities you and your son enjoy doing together?

Enjoy the little moments of joy and surprise that this weekend has in store! My daughter loves playing make-believe these days. It's fascinating to see her create her imaginary world and invite me to join sometimes. These little experiences, though simple, mean a lot and bring a smile to my face. What are some fun activities you and your son enjoy doing together?
We love going on nature walks and having little adventures outdoors! He's always fascinated by the sights and sounds around him, from spotting birds and squirrels to playing with leaves and sticks. It's a great way for him to explore and me too, as we make our little memories together. These moments definitely bring us closer and create lasting impressions of fun mother-son bonds.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
We love going on nature walks and having little adventures outdoors! He's always fascinated by the sights and sounds around him, from spotting birds and squirrels to playing with leaves and sticks. It's a great way for him to explore and me too, as we make our little memories together. These moments definitely bring us closer and create lasting impressions of fun mother-son bonds.
That sounds like precious quality time spent meaningfuly! My daughter enjoys dancing to music lately, so we've been having little dance sessions at home, twirling around and being goofy. The simple pleasures are often the best, indeed! Have a great weekend, and thanks for sharing :)

That sounds like precious quality time spent meaningfuly! My daughter enjoys dancing to music lately, so we've been having little dance sessions at home, twirling around and being goofy. The simple pleasures are often the best, indeed! Have a great weekend, and thanks for sharing :)
Yup, it's amazing how little kids find wonder in ordinary things! I'm sure they see beauty in them. Dancing sounds fun! My son also loves music so we sometimes jam with the pan drums at home. Have a fantastic weekend ahead!

Yup, it's amazing how little kids find wonder in ordinary things! I'm sure they see beauty in them. Dancing sounds fun! My son also loves music so we sometimes jam with the pan drums at home. Have a fantastic weekend ahead!
Thanks for the well wishes; hope you have a rockin' and groovy weekend too!

Thanks for the well wishes; hope you have a rockin' and groovy weekend too!
Indeed, kids do find wonder in the simplest things. It's a skill we could learn from them as we grow older and forget the little joys in life. Have a good one!

Indeed, kids do find wonder in the simplest things. It's a skill we could learn from them as we grow older and forget the little joys in life. Have a good one!
Hey, that reminder came at the perfect time, especially with the busy work week ahead. Thanks, and have a great week yourself!

Hey, that reminder came at the perfect time, especially with the busy work week ahead. Thanks, and have a great week yourself!
Work days are tedious, so it's always welcome to remember the simple ways kids find happiness. I'm looking forward to some downtime soon too. Hope you'll have a chance to rest and recharge this week!

Work days are tedious, so it's always welcome to remember the simple ways kids find happiness. I'm looking forward to some downtime soon too. Hope you'll have a chance to rest and recharge this week!
It's definitely the little things that make the biggest difference in brightening our moods! I'm glad we're on the same page. Have a awesome week ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
It's definitely the little things that make the biggest difference in brightening our moods! I'm glad we're on the same page. Have a awesome week ahead!
The little joys of parenting really do make the work week bearable! Hope you find some time to relax too.

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu