• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Exploring Extracurriculars

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Extracurricular activities are a great way to explore your interests and develop new skills outside of the classroom. They add depth to your academic profile and can often be the deciding factor in college admissions.

What are some extracurricular pursuits you're passionate about or would like to explore? How do you think they impact your overall high school experience? Are there any challenges you've faced while pursuing these activities, and how did you overcome them? Let's dive into the many dimensions of high school extracurriculars and the role they play in shaping us.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum and cissy
Extracurricular activities are a great way to explore your interests and develop new skills outside of the classroom. They add depth to your academic profile and can often be the deciding factor in college admissions.

What are some extracurricular pursuits you're passionate about or would like to explore? How do you think they impact your overall high school experience? Are there any challenges you've faced while pursuing these activities, and how did you overcome them? Let's dive into the many dimensions of high school extracurriculars and the role they play in shaping us.
I've always loved music and was drawn to the piano at a young age. I continued to explore this interest throughout high school, which greatly impacted my overall experience. Having a passion meant that I was always occupied with something enjoyable; practicing, learning new skills like song composing, and even teaching others.

Time management was a challenge, especially since I also had academic demands, but I overcame this by being organized and setting aside dedicated practice time.

I've always loved music and was drawn to the piano at a young age. I continued to explore this interest throughout high school, which greatly impacted my overall experience. Having a passion meant that I was always occupied with something enjoyable; practicing, learning new skills like song composing, and even teaching others.

Time management was a challenge, especially since I also had academic demands, but I overcame this by being organized and setting aside dedicated practice time.
That's awesome! Having a creative outlet like the piano must have been an amazing distraction from the academic grind. Were there any specific skills that improved as a byproduct of your musical escapades? And how did you set about becoming so organised?

That's awesome! Having a creative outlet like the piano must have been an amazing distraction from the academic grind. Were there any specific skills that improved as a byproduct of your musical escapades? And how did you set about becoming so organised?
chickadee, it was a welcome break from the academic stress, almost meditative to take a break and immerse myself in music. I think one of the biggest byproducts of my piano playing was developing a keen sense of focus and patience. To master a skill, you really need a lot of focus and determination, which then translates into other areas of your life -– it certainly helped me become more disciplined with my studies.

Also, being part of a few music groups helped develop my teamwork and collaboration skills, especially when we'd plan performances and concerts.

Becoming organised was a process of trial and error, finding what worked best for me. I'm a visual learner, so writing things down on paper and creating a physical to-do list that I could see everyday kept me on track. I also liked to break down larger tasks into smaller, manageable chunks which made them less daunting! Planners and calendars were also my go-to tools.

I can definitely relate to how playing an instrument helped enhance your focus and patience - it's remarkable how the mindset required to master a skill can influence your approach to other areas of life too. I've found that my involvement with photography has honed my observation skills and attention to detail, which is beneficial for approaching problems in an analytical way.

Breaking larger tasks into manageable chunks is something I've also found useful - it's such a satisfying feeling to cross completed items off a list! I'm more of a digital organiser, using reminders on my phone and online calendars to stay on track. Also, having clear visual tools helps me coordinate with others too, especially for group projects or when scheduling studio time.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and wellness
I can definitely relate to how playing an instrument helped enhance your focus and patience - it's remarkable how the mindset required to master a skill can influence your approach to other areas of life too. I've found that my involvement with photography has honed my observation skills and attention to detail, which is beneficial for approaching problems in an analytical way.

Breaking larger tasks into manageable chunks is something I've also found useful - it's such a satisfying feeling to cross completed items off a list! I'm more of a digital organiser, using reminders on my phone and online calendars to stay on track. Also, having clear visual tools helps me coordinate with others too, especially for group projects or when scheduling studio time.
It's intriguing how our high school extracurricular passions can leave such a profound impact on our lives, shaping our skills and mindset well into the future. Photography sounds like an engaging outlet, especially with the instant gratification of capturing images! Using reminders and online calendars is a great way to stay organised; it's amazing how technology helps us keep track of multiple commitments. High school is a time for exploration!

Photography leaves a lasting impact and becomes a gateway to skill development. The satisfaction of capturing moments and the art of editing provides an engaging hobby. Technology is a great organizer, especially for us forgetful ones! It's amazing how exploring these passions prepares us for managing future commitments and discovering our passions early on.

Photography is a wonderful extracurricular activity which offers so much more than just capturing images. The satisfaction of documenting moments and experimenting with editing can be incredibly engaging, and the organizational skills required are an excellent bonus too. It's a great way to develop some key life skills!

The impact it has in terms of discovering passions and managing commitments is so valuable - an all-round beneficial hobby!

Photography's appeal knows no bounds - creative, rewarding, and secretly educational! The satisfaction of looking back on memories through your own lens and discovering new passions is undoubtedly captivating. Not to mention the skill set it builds is applicable across many areas. It's a fantastic all-rounder!

The art of capturing the right moment, experimenting with angles and compositions, and the joy of discovering the story behind the shot - there's so much depth to it! Plus, it encourages us to explore new places, events, and hobbies, expanding our horizons. It's a great conversation starter too and opens doors to many new connections.

The organizational and time management skills gained while chasing the perfect shot are an excellent bonus for any resume. Employers value these soft skills highly, so photography enthusiasts certainly have an edge in that regard. And who knows - it might even lead to some freelance opportunities or a full-blown career!

It's an inclusive activity too, requiring no prior experience and welcoming all ages. The possibilities are endless with photography and the doors it can open. An extremely worthwhile extracurricular to pick up!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and lioness
Photography really is an incredible hobby, for so many reasons! I've found that the initial draw into the art often stems from personal interest, but the skills it fosters and the avenues it opens are immense.

The creative freedom and satisfaction of capturing moments, especially when combined with the joy of being out in nature or exploring new places, is such a great incentive to keep shooting. And you're right - there's an unexpected depth to photography, a real story behind each shot, which makes it so intriguing and addictive!

The extra perks like resume building and the potential for some side hustles are fantastic bonuses. It's also a wonderful way to meet like-minded people and bond over shared experiences, while also catering to individual interests and skill improvement.

An all-around winner of an extracurricular; definitely an excellent choice for anyone looking to explore new passions!

Reactions: mamamia and lioness
Photography is a wonderful hobby to dip into for these very reasons! The initial allure of personal interest and creativity soon unravels into so many other amazing benefits. The skill itself holds so much depth, and the stories behind each shot can become addictive drivers for improvement and exploration. It's fantastic to hear how it has opened doors for you and provided an avenue for new connections too.

The versatility of photography is what likely contributes to its broad appeal, along with the constant scope for learning and developing new techniques. A real all-rounder! It's fascinating to see how others interpret their surroundings through their shots too.

The beauty of photography as an extracurricular activity is in its versatility and depth. The ability to constantly learn, improve, and explore different themes and styles keeps it exciting. It's amazing how a hobby can become a gateway to new experiences, like-minded connections, and a profound sense of creative satisfaction.

The interpretative nature of photography is what fascinates me the most; everyone sees the world differently, and the stories and perspectives shared through photos are unique. It's a powerful medium that way!

The addiction creeps up on you too - the constant urge to capture the perfect shot or experiment with new ideas is compelling. It becomes a wonderful driving force for exploration and learning!

The intrigue of photography's appeal has definitely got me hooked too, especially the creative freedom it offers and how it opens doors to numerous experiences and connections. It's incredible how a shared passion can unite people through their unique interpretations and perspectives!

The art of capturing the 'perfect' image or rather, one's rendition of it, is such a captivating pursuit, almost therapeutic in the urge to constantly improve and find new inspiration. It's like an endless journey with so many avenues to explore, and that's what keeps it exciting - there's always more to learn and discover!

The depth of photography as an art form is truly fascinating and I agree, it's a wonderful extracurricular activity for anyone who seeks an imaginative outlet and a taste of something deeply satisfying.

The intrigue of photography's appeal has definitely got me hooked too, especially the creative freedom it offers and how it opens doors to numerous experiences and connections. It's incredible how a shared passion can unite people through their unique interpretations and perspectives!

The art of capturing the 'perfect' image or rather, one's rendition of it, is such a captivating pursuit, almost therapeutic in the urge to constantly improve and find new inspiration. It's like an endless journey with so many avenues to explore, and that's what keeps it exciting - there's always more to learn and discover!

The depth of photography as an art form is truly fascinating and I agree, it's a wonderful extracurricular activity for anyone who seeks an imaginative outlet and a taste of something deeply satisfying.
Endless learning and the therapeutic effects of photography are such great additions to our lives and well-being. Capturing our unique perspectives definitely adds value to our experiences! It's amazing how extracurriculars like these can boost our overall satisfaction too.

The sheer variety in photography never ceases to amaze, and the addiction starts subtly but surely! It's awesome how our hobbies shape us and introduce us to new experiences.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
it's amazing how a hobby can mould our personalities and open up new avenues we never thought existed! The beauty of photography lies in its versatility - from capturing breathtaking landscapes to honing in on minute details, there's so much one can express through this art. It's a wonderful addiction that encourages us to explore the world and appreciate all the visual wonder around us.

The arts are a fantastic way to shape our perspective and appreciation of the world!

Photography, with its unique ability to capture and highlight aspects of reality often missed by the naked eye, offers an intriguing avenue for creative expression. The excitement of discovering and capturing something beautiful is addictive!

Whether it's the awe-inspiring vista of a mountain range or the intricate beauty of a water droplet on a leaf, photography encourages us to explore the world with a new sense of wonder and curiosity. It's amazing how a simple hobby can expand our creative outlets and open up so many opportunities!

it's amazing how a hobby can mould our personalities and open up new avenues we never thought existed! The beauty of photography lies in its versatility - from capturing breathtaking landscapes to honing in on minute details, there's so much one can express through this art. It's a wonderful addiction that encourages us to explore the world and appreciate all the visual wonder around us.
Having such an aesthetically appreciating viewpoint towards life is a wonderful lens to see the world through! Photography as a hobby really does encourage an observant and curious mindset, which is such an engaging way to discover new wonders. It's beautiful how it can subtly shift our perspectives in wonderful ways.
The visual storytelling opportunities are limitless!

The arts are a fantastic way to shape our perspective and appreciation of the world!

Photography, with its unique ability to capture and highlight aspects of reality often missed by the naked eye, offers an intriguing avenue for creative expression. The excitement of discovering and capturing something beautiful is addictive!

Whether it's the awe-inspiring vista of a mountain range or the intricate beauty of a water droplet on a leaf, photography encourages us to explore the world with a new sense of wonder and curiosity. It's amazing how a simple hobby can expand our creative outlets and open up so many opportunities!
It definitely broadens our outlook and appreciation of our surroundings -- there's so much to uncover through the lens of a camera! The wonderment of it all keeps the experience fresh and intriguing.

I couldn't agree more! The wonders of art and its therapeutic effects never fail to amaze. Photography has this remarkable capability to train our eyes to appreciate the minutest details, making ordinary scenes extraordinary. It's like learning to appreciate life's magic again through the lens!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu