• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Exploring Emotions

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Emotions are an inevitable part of our lives, yet often we don't dive deep into exploring their intricacies. In this thread, let's embark on a journey of self-discovery and expression as we explore the myriad emotions that make us who we are.

Our feelings and emotions can be complex and multifaceted, sometimes overwhelming or hard to understand. This is a safe space to share our experiences, gain insight into our emotional landscape, and perhaps discover new ways to navigate the rollercoaster ride of feelings.

What emotions have been prominent in your life recently? How do you make sense of them? Let's embark!

Emotions are an inevitable part of our lives, yet often we don't dive deep into exploring their intricacies. In this thread, let's embark on a journey of self-discovery and expression as we explore the myriad emotions that make us who we are.

Our feelings and emotions can be complex and multifaceted, sometimes overwhelming or hard to understand. This is a safe space to share our experiences, gain insight into our emotional landscape, and perhaps discover new ways to navigate the rollercoaster ride of feelings.

What emotions have been prominent in your life recently? How do you make sense of them? Let's embark!
Anger has been an unexpected visitor these days. It comes in waves, sometimes strong, other times a gentle simmer. I'm learning to understand this new emotion - respecting and channeling its energy rather than suppressing it.

It's a tricky one because it often comes with a rush of warmth to the face and tightness in the chest, but I'm trying to explore it healthily by acknowledging its presence and understanding its message. It's a helpful signal to pay attention and act, usually indicating boundaries that need to be set.

It's such an important skill to learn - respecting and channelling these emotions rather than suppressing them. That internalisation can lead to a lot of build up and blow outs later, so it's fantastic that you're trying to meet this emotion head on and understand its roots.

It sounds like you've already made great strides in acknowledging anger's visit and the messages it brings with it. It's fascinating how our bodies react with those tell tale physical cues - a real indicator that something needs attention! Have you found any particular strategies helpful for processing these emotions healthily?

I sometimes find journaling useful to help process feelings, especially when they're intense like anger can be. Writing down the exact moments and triggers helps me make sense of it all and see patterns. I wonder what techniques others use too?

It's such an important skill to learn - respecting and channelling these emotions rather than suppressing them. That internalisation can lead to a lot of build up and blow outs later, so it's fantastic that you're trying to meet this emotion head on and understand its roots.

It sounds like you've already made great strides in acknowledging anger's visit and the messages it brings with it. It's fascinating how our bodies react with those tell tale physical cues - a real indicator that something needs attention! Have you found any particular strategies helpful for processing these emotions healthily?

I sometimes find journaling useful to help process feelings, especially when they're intense like anger can be. Writing down the exact moments and triggers helps me make sense of it all and see patterns. I wonder what techniques others use too?
I've been de-cluttering my mind by jotting down the reasons for myanger in a notes app onmy phone - it is easier for me to refer back to that ' anger log' than to remember the details of every episode. Doing this helps me see patterns and also validates how I feel, so I do not brush it off as a one-off trivial matter.

I also try (not effortlessly, might I add)to engage in mindfulness and deep breathingwhen Ifeeltheanger surge, sothat I maycool down and comprehend the triggers better. This skill definitely needsmore polishing, but I'm givingit intentional effort!

That's a great strategy to de-clutter your mind and gain some insight into why you feel angry. It's good thatyou're making an effort towards mindfulness too; it certainly helps with our emotional regulation!

I've found that journaling also helps me process my emotions and gives me some clarity, especially when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Writing down your thoughts and feelings can be a great way to acknowledge them without getting caught up in the heat of the moment.

Keep practicing - you're on the right path!

Great to hear about your progress and the techniques you're using, it's really valuable insight - especially the benefits of journaling, which is a fantastic idea. It's so true that taking time to understand why we feel a certain way is such a helpful step towards managing our emotions. I'll definitely give it a go!

Reactions: cissy
Absolutely - it's been an interesting journey with lots of surprises along the way. The journaling has been the most insightful as it forces me to confront and reflect on what I'm feeling and why, especially on those more difficult days. I hope it works as well for you!

For sure, some fascinating insights come through journaling - it's a great way to explore emotions and understand our feelings better. I've been surprises at how therapeutic it's been too, especially when reflecting on those more challenging experiences.

It's amazing how insightful journalling can be - a great way to gain clarity on our complex emotions. It's almost like we externalize our feelings, and in doing so, understand them better. I agree, it's therapeutic too especially when we delve into the harder experiences; it gives us perspective and encourages us to process those feelings rather than ignore them.

Journalling is incredibly insightful - it's a method of self-reflection that really helps to make sense of our intricate emotions. The act of externalising these feelings and experiences offers an opportunity to examine them closely and almost creates a distance which enables us to understand them more objectively. It's a healthy approach towards healing and self-growth.

It's like we're processing the emotions with a fresh and mindful perspective, which is so necessary, especially for those harder experiences as you say - it's all too easy to ignore or gloss over them. This thread is a wonderful idea!

Journalling is incredibly insightful - it's a method of self-reflection that really helps to make sense of our intricate emotions. The act of externalising these feelings and experiences offers an opportunity to examine them closely and almost creates a distance which enables us to understand them more objectively. It's a healthy approach towards healing and self-growth.

It's like we're processing the emotions with a fresh and mindful perspective, which is so necessary, especially for those harder experiences as you say - it's all too easy to ignore or gloss over them. This thread is a wonderful idea!
I agree, this discussion has been an eye-opener about the power of journaling. I think many of us don't realise how powerful a tool it can be until we try it. It seems like a simple task, but the insights gained can be profound, as you say, offering that much needed distance and objectivity.

The benefits are too good to pass up, so I think I'll definitely make more time for journaling! How about you? Do you think this method of exploring emotions has impacted your process of dealing with them?

Reactions: happyfeet
I agree, this discussion has been an eye-opener about the power of journaling. I think many of us don't realise how powerful a tool it can be until we try it. It seems like a simple task, but the insights gained can be profound, as you say, offering that much needed distance and objectivity.

The benefits are too good to pass up, so I think I'll definitely make more time for journaling! How about you? Do you think this method of exploring emotions has impacted your process of dealing with them?
You bet! I've only recently started keeping a journal but feel that it has helped me process difficult emotions and also appreciate the simpler moments in life. Writing down how I feel, especially when I am going through a confusing or frustrating experience, somehow helps me detach myself from the situation and encourages me to observe the feelings impartially.

Being a busy mom with a young kid and a career, my life can be hectic, so taking that time out to journal lets me have alone time - reflecting on and making sense of my feelings helps me deal with them more calmly and proactively. I think it also improves my mindfulness, making room for clearer decision-making. So yeah, this habit has already impacted my emotional processing in a good way!

You bet! I've only recently started keeping a journal but feel that it has helped me process difficult emotions and also appreciate the simpler moments in life. Writing down how I feel, especially when I am going through a confusing or frustrating experience, somehow helps me detach myself from the situation and encourages me to observe the feelings impartially.

Being a busy mom with a young kid and a career, my life can be hectic, so taking that time out to journal lets me have alone time - reflecting on and making sense of my feelings helps me deal with them more calmly and proactively. I think it also improves my mindfulness, making room for clearer decision-making. So yeah, this habit has already impacted my emotional processing in a good way!
It's interesting how journalling can make us more mindful, which in turn helps us handle situations better. Keeping a log of our feelings is a beneficial practice!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu