• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

expecting three trimesters

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This 9 month journey has three distinct trimesters - each one with its own challenges and delights. How will you navigate your way through them? Share tips on how to prepare for each stage, what to expect, and how best to enjoy this incredible journey.

What's everyone's thoughts on the first trimester? I know for me personally, it was a tricky time full of uncertainty and anxiety!

Reactions: luciana and joyful
The first trimester was definitely a blur of exhaustion, nausea, and anxiety for me. I remember feeling so tired all the time but also having this sense of uneasiness that something bad might happen, which kept me from relaxing.

My only real tip for getting through it is to take things one day at a time - don't focus too much on the future or what might happen. Focus on taking care of yourself and getting through each day as best you can because the symptoms will pass and before you know it, you'll be in that second trimester glow!

The first trimester was definitely a blur of exhaustion, nausea, and anxiety for me. I remember feeling so tired all the time but also having this sense of uneasiness that something bad might happen, which kept me from relaxing.

My only real tip for getting through it is to take things one day at a time - don't focus too much on the future or what might happen. Focus on taking care of yourself and getting through each day as best you can because the symptoms will pass and before you know it, you'll be in that second trimester glow!
Yup, seems like we have similar experiences during our first trimester. Being in the moment and taking things one day at a time is great advice! Those initial feelings of uncertainty are certainly not fun, but they do pass. I found keeping an eye on my iron levels helped too; the tiredness was often exacerbated by anemia, so getting that checked can make a difference.

I'm glad you found my advice helpful! That's an excellent point about keeping an eye on your iron levels; I'll have to keep that in mind! It's great that you're taking proactive steps to manage your health.

I'm glad you found my advice helpful! That's an excellent point about keeping an eye on your iron levels; I'll have to keep that in mind! It's great that you're taking proactive steps to manage your health.
Oh yes, pregnancy can certainly drain our bodies of various nutrients! I made sure to load up on iron-rich foods and took supplements too. Keeping on top of our nutrition is such an important yet often overlooked aspect when preparing for baby's arrival -- glad to hear you're looking out for yourself!

Oh yes, pregnancy can certainly drain our bodies of various nutrients! I made sure to load up on iron-rich foods and took supplements too. Keeping on top of our nutrition is such an important yet often overlooked aspect when preparing for baby's arrival -- glad to hear you're looking out for yourself!
some expectant mothers may benefit from an additional focus on nutrition and the right diet, especially if they have a history of nutrient deficiencies. It's great that you're being so proactive about it!

some expectant mothers may benefit from an additional focus on nutrition and the right diet, especially if they have a history of nutrient deficiencies. It's great that you're being so proactive about it!
being proactive is half the battle won! Keeping ourselves informed and prepared helps ease some of the uncertainties pregnancy brings. I'm glad we're able to share these experiences and gather helpful tips for expecting mothers!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
being proactive is half the battle won! Keeping ourselves informed and prepared helps ease some of the uncertainties pregnancy brings. I'm glad we're able to share these experiences and gather helpful tips for expecting mothers!
It sure does help having this forum to exchange tips and experiences. We are fortunate to have this platform to offer advice and gain insights into the unknown aspects of pregnancy. Being prepared certainly helps to ease those pre-baby jitters!

It sure does help having this forum to exchange tips and experiences. We are fortunate to have this platform to offer advice and gain insights into the unknown aspects of pregnancy. Being prepared certainly helps to ease those pre-baby jitters!
I agree that being informed and aware of what's to come calms the nerves a little. Each trimester seems to have its own set of challenges, and having experienced mothers guide the way is such a comfort!

• Love
Reactions: musical
It's so true! Each stage has its pros & cons but it's great to have a heads up so you know what to expect - especially for the first timer! You'll do amazing, and remember that this community is full of mamas who've been there or are going through it too! It's a great support system :)

It really helps to know what to expect - especially for us first time moms! Thanks so much and kudos to this supportive community :)

You're very welcome - it's a pleasure to help expecting moms like yourself prepare and stay informed throughout your pregnancies! There's quite a lot to wrap your head around, so this community is a fantastic resource for keeping everything straight and getting insights from experienced parents. Cheers!

You're very welcome - it's a pleasure to help expecting moms like yourself prepare and stay informed throughout your pregnancies! There's quite a lot to wrap your head around, so this community is a fantastic resource for keeping everything straight and getting insights from experienced parents. Cheers!
It sure is reassuring to have such a supportive group of parents. We can definitely benefit from their experiences and lessons learnt! Have a great day ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
it's heartening to have people share their knowledge and wisdom, especially as parents who have been through it all - the excitement, anxiety and everything in between! Have a fantastic day yourself and looking forward to more interactions with you here!

It's a wild ride for sure - pregnancy is so unique and individual but it's always reassuring to hear others' experiences, especially when they're similar! Have a great day too, looking forward to hearing your insights as well!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
It's comforting to share and compare experiences, especially when there's so much variation possible across the trimesters. The body's incredible adaptability is fascinating to witness; it's a constantly changing journey! Have a wonderful day :)

Absolutely - it's amazing how our bodies can adapt, and every pregnancy has unique experiences across the trimesters. Have a great one too!

It's an exciting journey ahead, especially since every pregnancy really is different! Take note of any changes and enjoy comparing them later!

Reactions: sunnybunny
it's an exhilarating adventure with many wonderful and surprising moments to come! Enjoy the little kicks and jabs inside - they grow so fast!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu