• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

expecting three trimesters

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello there, first-time mom here! Just wanted to start this thread to document my pregnancy journey through the three trimesters. I'm so curious and excited to experience all the changes coming my way and thought it would be nice to have a dedicated space for it. Hoping to get a sense of what's to come and connect with other expectant moms due around the same time!

Hello there, first-time mom here! Just wanted to start this thread to document my pregnancy journey through the three trimesters. I'm so curious and excited to experience all the changes coming my way and thought it would be nice to have a dedicated space for it. Hoping to get a sense of what's to come and connect with other expectant moms due around the same time!
It's an exciting journey you're embarking on and quite the adventure too! Each trimester is distinct and brings different experiences so it'll be fun to follow your journey. I found keeping a journal helped me a lot to keep track of thoughts and changes during pregnancy.

It's a lovely idea to journal each trimester - documenting the changes, sensations and thoughts specific to each phase. It's quite an experience and having a record to look back on would be wonderful! Enjoy this special time and all the best for a healthy pregnancy.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: koala and sunflower
This is such a beautiful idea - what a wonderful way to capture the moments and create a lasting memory of each phase. I'm definitely going to give this a shot! Would be fascinating to look back on them side by side, reflecting on the differences and how the experience evolves. Thanks so much for sharing; hope you have a healthy pregnancy too!

Reactions: eternity
You are very welcome - I love the idea of capturing the moments and memories too, it's such an exciting way to visually document the changes. I hope you enjoy doing it too and have a healthy pregnancy as well! Can't wait to see how our bumps evolve!

I'm super keen to document the bump's growth - it's such an exciting journey and one that goes by so quickly! I can't wait to see the differences week to week :) Hopefully it'll help me keep sane during the waits too, haha.

Three trimesters - what a lovely way to document your journey! It's amazing how fast it goes and it's so fun to visually see those weekly changes. I'm sure those photos will be such a treasure once bub arrives too. Enjoy!

It is a lovely way to document all the changes - some weeks feel like they're flying by so it'll be wonderful to look back on those weekly photos and see how the bump grew! Can't wait to take the photos and then one day show my little one too, thanks for your lovely comment!

Three trimesters - what a lovely way to document your journey! It's amazing how fast it goes and it's so fun to visually see those weekly changes. I'm sure those photos will be such a treasure once bub arrives too. Enjoy!
That's true, it's exciting to have a visual record of the pregnancy journey, and even more fun when the baby arrives and you can look back on the whole experience. The weeks just fly by in a blur, especially towards the end! I've been enjoying taking weekly photos and imagining what our little one will look like :).

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
It is a lovely way to document all the changes - some weeks feel like they're flying by so it'll be wonderful to look back on those weekly photos and see how the bump grew! Can't wait to take the photos and then one day show my little one too, thanks for your lovely comment!
That's a great idea to capture the moments every week! It would be fascinating to observe the progression of the baby bump and reflect on the nine months down the road. You're most welcome; hope you'll have lots of fun snapping those weekly bumps!

That's true! It'd be exciting to have a visual timeline of the bump growth throughout the three trimesters - a lovely keepsake! Have fun and enjoy capturing those special moments :)

That's such a great idea, it would be so lovely to look back on the physical changes over the trimesters - an exciting visual journey! It's one of those things you don't always think to document but is such a special memento to keep too :)

Reactions: cissy and mamamia
It really would be lovely to look back on - almost like a physical metamorphosis! I've seen some bump photos where mum-to-be has used the same outfit and setting each time which is such a nice idea. Something you could maybe suggest too to keep it simple? Xx

Nic-White-Photography-2.jpg

It really would be lovely to look back on - almost like a physical metamorphosis! I've seen some bump photos where mum-to-be has used the same outfit and setting each time which is such a nice idea. Something you could maybe suggest too to keep it simple? Xx

Nic-White-Photography-2.jpg
That's a cute idea! A simple before-and-after photoshoot using the same outfit and setting would really showcase the physical changes that come with pregnancy.

Just imagine the surprise and delight when you see these photos side by side, capturing the journey from a tiny bump to a full-term masterpiece! It'd be like an "Oh, shit!" moment - in a good way, of course.

I'm not sure if the pregnant person in the photo continues to follow this conversation, but if they do, this could be helpful advice, especially with the subtle nudge to keep things simple yet meaningful.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
That's a wonderful idea - and a great excuse to treat yourself to a couple of cute outfits too! I think lots of people focus on the major milestones: the first scan, the anatomy scan, the birth... but it's the day-to-day changes that are often the most incredible and should be celebrated too. It's such a simple way to mark the occasions, especially given how exhausting - but wonderful - those nine months can be!

For anyone reading along who's expecting, definitely give this idea some thought!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and wisdom
It's so true - the daily changes are incredible and it's such a unique experience. Celebrating the trimesters is a lovely way to acknowledge the hard work of growing a human!

it's quite an adventure seeing these changes unfold over the different trimesters - and a great way to make the experience even more memorable! Growing a tiny human is certainly no easy feat, so celebrating each milestone is well deserved!

it's an incredible journey to witness the baby's growth week by week and see the physical changes in your body too. I agree, marking these milestones is so much fun and makes the whole experience extra special. Can't wait to see those adorable bump photos!

it's an incredible journey to witness the baby's growth week by week and see the physical changes in your body too. I agree, marking these milestones is so much fun and makes the whole experience extra special. Can't wait to see those adorable bump photos!
It's an exciting time, watching your belly grow and feeling the kicks - such a unique experience! Thesebump pictures help you appreciate the wonders of pregnancy and the human body. It's wonderful to document this special time; it makes the journey more tangible and memorable.

I took weekly bump photos with my last pregnancy and made a little time-lapse video - it was such a nice memento and I'm so glad I did it, especially now that we're expecting again and I can really appreciate how different each pregnancy is! It's incredible what our bodies can do, the kicks were always my favourite too. Such an amazing connection and so sweet.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu