• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

expecting three trimesters

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This trimester system feels like such a rollercoaster! Each one has been so distinct and I'm curious to hear others' experiences of this too. What's coming up in the next trimester that you're looking forward to? What are you most nervous about? And what's your best tip for making it through?

Each trimester has definitely been unique! I'm currently entering my third, and am looking forward to finally meeting our little one - and having my body (mostly) back to myself again.

I'm most nervous about the physical demands of birth and recovering from it, especially since this is our first. But I'm trying to prepare my mind and body as best I can with a Hypnobirthing course and keeping active and healthy.

My tip for getting through each trimester is to focus on the positives and enjoy the ride - each stage brings new and exciting changes, so take time to appreciate them because it all goes so quickly!

That's such a great mindset to have, focusing on the positives! It really is an incredible journey and hypnobirthing is so helpful in keeping calm and positive throughout - enjoy those last few weeks before your life changes in the most wonderful way! And yes, that sense of your body being 'yours' again is so surreal but amazing. You've got this!

That's such a great mindset to have, focusing on the positives! It really is an incredible journey and hypnobirthing is so helpful in keeping calm and positive throughout - enjoy those last few weeks before your life changes in the most wonderful way! And yes, that sense of your body being 'yours' again is so surreal but amazing. You've got this!
keeping a healthy mindset goes a long way throughout this incredible journey. Congrats on finding what works best for you.

I'm curious to hear others' experiences and tips too!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
I think it's really all about making sure you keep yourself surrounded with positivity - especially because your mindset, emotions, and attitude have a huge impact on baby's development and well-being too! I've been lucky to have a pretty smooth sailing pregnancy so far, and keeping active and busy has helped me a lot mentally and physically. Also having a supportive partner or network of mom friends to reach out to makes all the difference - there's power in numbers!! Would love to hear other expectant moms' strategies too!

I agree! Keeping a positive mindset has such a great impact not just on us but also on our little one's development; it's amazing how interconnected our emotions and their wellbeing are. It's wonderful you've had a smooth ride so far, and having a supportive circle makes all the difference!

I find keeping myself informed and prepared for what's to come helpful; knowing what to expect each week of this trimester has kept anxiety at bay. Staying active and indulging in hobbies also keeps the pregnancy blues away! Plus, it's such a nice distraction from the endless waiting ;).

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
You sound like you're staying on top of things, which is fantastic! I completely agree about keeping anxious feelings at bay by being informed and knowing what to expect. It's a great strategy! Keeping busy with projects and hobbies is such a good idea too - time flies when we're having fun and focusing our energy on something enjoyable. It's a nice reminder to ensure we also take the time to sit, relax, and bond with our bump, amidst all the preparations.

You're absolutely right! Having projects and hobbies to focus on is such a great distraction and definitely helps time fly. It's a healthy reminder to balance productivity with relaxation and intentional bump bonding too. I'm looking forward to the quiet moments ahead where I can just daydream and connect. It's an exciting journey, and staying informed makes all the difference!

You're absolutely right! Having projects and hobbies to focus on is such a great distraction and definitely helps time fly. It's a healthy reminder to balance productivity with relaxation and intentional bump bonding too. I'm looking forward to the quiet moments ahead where I can just daydream and connect. It's an exciting journey, and staying informed makes all the difference!
There's so much to look forward to as the days go by. it's a constant reminder that balance is best for our peace of mind and overall wellbeing. All the best for the remainder of your second trimester!

Thank you so much, it's such an exciting time I'm currently at 24 weeks - the kick counts and feeling baby move are such a magical experience, it never gets old. Looking forward to the remaining weeks with this newfound appreciation for balance and taking it one day at a time :) How far along are you?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Thank you so much, it's such an exciting time I'm currently at 24 weeks - the kick counts and feeling baby move are such a magical experience, it never gets old. Looking forward to the remaining weeks with this newfound appreciation for balance and taking it one day at a time :) How far along are you?
I'm at 30 weeks now, so just over 7 months! Time has flown by so fast. It's such a fun stage now that I can feel him kick and move throughout the day - although the occasional kick to the bladder can be quite funny! I'm sure you're loving every moment too :)

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I'm at 30 weeks now, so just over 7 months! Time has flown by so fast. It's such a fun stage now that I can feel him kick and move throughout the day - although the occasional kick to the bladder can be quite funny! I'm sure you're loving every moment too :)
Wow, you're almost there! I've heard the third trimester flies by even faster, so cherish every moment.

Reactions: koala
It's a wild ride I'm excited but nervous to meet our little one and see what they look like and who they resemble - it's such an exciting time. But yeah, this last trimester has really flown by, it feels like we just got back from our baby moon!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: techsavvy and koala
Time surely flies fast! It is incredible how soon you will hold your little one in your arms - an adorable bundle of joy to welcome and love. The last trimester has rushed by so swiftly it feels like a whirlwind, but before you know it, you will embrace the precious new addition to your world. So much to look forward to!

I can't wait! It seems like just yesterday I found out about the pregnancy, and now I'm getting ready for the arrival of our little one. Nesting mode activated! But this last trimester has certainly been a whirlwind - so many preparations to make and things to consider! Can't believe it's almost time.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
I can't wait! It seems like just yesterday I found out about the pregnancy, and now I'm getting ready for the arrival of our little one. Nesting mode activated! But this last trimester has certainly been a whirlwind - so many preparations to make and things to consider! Can't believe it's almost time.
It is an exciting feeling, knowing that your life is about to welcome a new member, a precious baby. The excitement and jitters are always part of the experience, but you've got this, momma! You sound well prepared. It's one of those moments that you will look back on fondly, despite the hectic preparation leading up to it.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am beyond excited and also nervous since this is my first time being a mom. Knowing that there are three trimesters makes me feel more prepared because I can mentally prepare myself for each stage and not be overwhelmed, which is appreciated. I can't wait to look back at this period in wonder and awe of how it all comes together welcoming this new life!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
The excitement and nervousness you're feeling are completely understandable - it's such an exhilarating time! It's wonderful that knowing about the three trimesters helps you feel more prepared and less overwhelmed. There is beauty in being able to divide this journey into stages; it makes it all seem a little more manageable. You've got this, and it's amazing how your mind and body can work together to create this wonderful new life. Enjoy every moment!

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu