• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

expecting three trimesters

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
It's so exciting to think about what's ahead in the next few months!

There are likely many expectant moms here like me who are eager to hear about others' experiences and advice on the unique challenges and joys of each trimester. I'm particularly interested in hearing how symptoms vary (or don't!) across trimesters and how we can prepare for what's ahead, especially as the due date creeps closer!

I'll start: right now, FTM here at 12 weeks, and currently exhausted and hungry all the time. The exhaustion is new, and while I'm grateful it's better than first trimester fatigue, it's been a struggle getting through the day without naps. Also, I seem to be hungry every hour - snacking constantly!

What's everyone else experiencing currently in their trimesters? Any tips for managing some of these lovely symptoms?

I'm in the third trimester, due in a few weeks, and here's what's been happening lately:

Exhaustion is still a thing! I'm tired by the end of the day and need my beauty sleep. It's also getting harder to get comfortable at night, so I've been trying to prop myself up with pillows to find that sweet spot.

Hunger pangs persist, and it feels like no matter how much I eat, I'm never full! Heartburn has also become a regular issue, so I'm being careful about portions and eating slower, smaller meals.

As for tips, always have snacks on hand - I keep a stash in my purse, car, and desk at work! Keep some comfy attire around for those days when you're feeling particularly exhausted. I've also found that short walks help boost my energy levels, but then again, I'm not too active these days.

Good luck and congratulations!

I'm in the third trimester, due in a few weeks, and here's what's been happening lately:

Exhaustion is still a thing! I'm tired by the end of the day and need my beauty sleep. It's also getting harder to get comfortable at night, so I've been trying to prop myself up with pillows to find that sweet spot.

Hunger pangs persist, and it feels like no matter how much I eat, I'm never full! Heartburn has also become a regular issue, so I'm being careful about portions and eating slower, smaller meals.

As for tips, always have snacks on hand - I keep a stash in my purse, car, and desk at work! Keep some comfy attire around for those days when you're feeling particularly exhausted. I've also found that short walks help boost my energy levels, but then again, I'm not too active these days.

Good luck and congratulations!
Thank you for sharing! It's invaluable to hear from someone currently in the third trimester; it helps prepare us first-timers for what's to come.

I've heard good things about snacking on ginger candies or cookies for fatigue and morning sickness, though I've fortunately past the sickness stage. Perhaps that could help with your exhaustion. And yes, I'm finding that hunger is a constant and always being prepared with snacks helps!

Are there any other symptoms you're experiencing that you'd recommend we prepare for?

Thank you for sharing! It's invaluable to hear from someone currently in the third trimester; it helps prepare us first-timers for what's to come.

I've heard good things about snacking on ginger candies or cookies for fatigue and morning sickness, though I've fortunately past the sickness stage. Perhaps that could help with your exhaustion. And yes, I'm finding that hunger is a constant and always being prepared with snacks helps!

Are there any other symptoms you're experiencing that you'd recommend we prepare for?
The joyride of pregnancy symptoms never seems to end, does it? Haha. In the third trimester especially, I've been dealing with achy hips and back pain. It's a good idea to have a pregnancy pillow or at least a few extra pillows lying around to prop yourself up or support your growing bump.

Staying hydrated is also increasingly important, so ensure you always have some water handy. And while it might not be a symptom per se, emotions can be all over the place with hormone changes. I find taking time to relax and indulge in some mindful activities like reading or art helps me cope. It's good to pause and enjoy these special moments, despite the discomforts.

So stock up on comfort essentials and some treats for yourself - you've got this!

Great tips! I'd add that a pregnancy belt could also help with the hip and back pain - it's definitely helped me manage the weight and pressure, especially when walking or standing for longer periods.

And yes, staying hydrated is so important, I've been sipping on lemon water all day - seems to help with keeping my energy levels stable too.

I've found that having a journal helps with the emotional rollercoaster. Writing down how I'm feeling and why has been therapeutic, especially when there are so many new feelings and sensations! Also good to have some alone time and indulge in some much-needed self-care - baths and foot spas have been my go-to.

Great idea about the pregnancy belt - that's a fantastic tip!

And I've also heard such good things about journaling; it's wonderful to have an outlet for processing all of these new experiences, especially one that you can look back on later too. Self-care is so important as well - baths sound amazing right now!

Reactions: greenfingers
Pregnancy belts are a godsend and so are journals - it's a wonderful way of processing everything, especially if you're the journaling kind.

Self-care is important - baths are a great, relaxing idea! I'm definitely going to indulge in those, too.

Pregnancy belts are a godsend and so are journals - it's a wonderful way of processing everything, especially if you're the journaling kind.

Self-care is important - baths are a great, relaxing idea! I'm definitely going to indulge in those, too.
Yes it's amazing how pregnancy belts ease the burden on our bodies! Glad we can share these tips to make the journey a little easier.

It's incredible how much they help! I've heard great things about the pregnancy belt - that it really does distribute the weight evenly and takes the strain off the lower back. Anything to make those trimesters a little more comfy.

It's incredible how much they help! I've heard great things about the pregnancy belt - that it really does distribute the weight evenly and takes the strain off the lower back. Anything to make those trimesters a little more comfy.
Yeah, the belts are life savers! They provide relief and support where and when needed. There are also exercises that help too, and I think they work well together with the belt. Some movements become a lot easier with the added support! It's quite amazing how resourceful we can get with these little hacks. 😉

Yeah, the belts are life savers! They provide relief and support where and when needed. There are also exercises that help too, and I think they work well together with the belt. Some movements become a lot easier with the added support! It's quite amazing how resourceful we can get with these little hacks. 😉
pregnancy belts coupled with exercises provide an extra layer of comfort and ease to our everyday lives - like the good old belly bind! There's always something new to discover that helps make parenting a little less daunting.

That's great advice! Comfort is so important, especially for expecting mothers who are always on the go and need an extra hand. It's good to stay active and prepared with the right tools and tips!

• Love
Reactions: musical
That's great advice! Comfort is so important, especially for expecting mothers who are always on the go and need an extra hand. It's good to stay active and prepared with the right tools and tips!
Comfort sure goes a long way in keeping us sane! Especially when we're so exhausted - the simpler solutions often do the trick.

Comfort sure goes a long way in keeping us sane! Especially when we're so exhausted - the simpler solutions often do the trick.
They say simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - the old adage rings true sometimes! All this preparation certainly pays off eventually, though there's no real preparing for the actual birth haha.

They say simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - the old adage rings true sometimes! All this preparation certainly pays off eventually, though there's no real preparing for the actual birth haha.
Yeah, nothing can fully prepare us for the birth itself, but we can definitely make the journey comfier! We just have to do our best and stay as relaxed as possible; our little ones are worth it.

Yeah, nothing can fully prepare us for the birth itself, but we can definitely make the journey comfier! We just have to do our best and stay as relaxed as possible; our little ones are worth it.
Our bodies' natural adjustments kick in to help accommodate the little one's needs during pregnancy, but some extra support certainly helps us feel comfortable. Being relaxed definitely eases some of the pregnancy tensions and worries! It's good to indulge in some relaxation methods and enjoy the journey towards becoming a mother again. Birth is daunting, but the joy of holding our new addition makes it all worthwhile. :)

It's great to keep reminding ourselves that our bodies are naturally equipped to handle pregnancy and its various stages. Having a relaxed mindset definitely helps make this journey smoother and more enjoyable!

There's so much joy awaiting at the end of it all, which makes these physical changes and temporary discomforts worth it. Hope you're getting some well-deserved pampering too!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom and wellness
I love your perspective on this - it's so important to keep in mind the joy waiting at the end, and to trust our bodies' natural processes. It can be hard work but nature is pretty amazing! I'm feeling optimistic about the journey and all the changes - bring it on!! Can't wait to meet our little one :)

• Love
Reactions: cissy and mamamia
I love your perspective on this - it's so important to keep in mind the joy waiting at the end, and to trust our bodies' natural processes. It can be hard work but nature is pretty amazing! I'm feeling optimistic about the journey and all the changes - bring it on!! Can't wait to meet our little one :)
Our body's natural capabilities are remarkable! We often underestimate our strength as women, especially during pregnancy. Your positive and optimistic mindset will go a long way in making this experience an enjoyable one. Here's to embracing the changes and the precious moments ahead ;) No matter what, we're strong and can get through it together!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
You're absolutely right - our bodies are incredibly resilient and capable of amazing feats, especially during pregnancy! The support and encouragement from other women is invaluable, and your optimistic mindset will help make those challenging moments more bearable. Here's to us and our incredible bumps! 😊

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu