• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Expecting Mothers Sharing Tips

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your tips and tricks with other expecting mothers! We're all in this together, so why not help each other out? Whether you've got some genius life hacks, must-have products, or words of advice to make pregnancy easier, this is the place to share them!
What helped you survive those tiring first Trimester days or kept your sanity during labor?
Let's create a helpful, supportive space full of useful tips for soon-to-be mamas!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
Some first trimester survival tips:

- Keep healthy snacks by your bed and in the fridge for easy access. You won't always have the energy to get up and prepare food, so having nutritious options easily available will be a lifesaver.

- Stock up on peppermint or ginger teas, they're great for settling queasy stomachs. Also, carry some travel-sized ones for on-the-go.

- Rest when you can, sleep naps when your body tells you to. Napping became my best friend during the first trimester - even if it's just 20 mins here and there, it makes a difference.

- Don't be shy to ask others for help or accept offers of assistance. Whether it's picking up groceries or running an errand, letting others lend a hand can be a big help.

It's also worth having some pregnancy apps or books with tips and week-by-week guides. Knowing what changes to expect next made me feel more prepared and less anxious.

Great tips!

I'd add that making a list of foods you can eat when the thought of cooking is off-putting might be a good idea. Cold cuts of meat, pre-washed salad, fruit, and nuts were my go-to's. Also having a few ready-to-eat meals in the freezer for when your appetite returns - you don't want to have to think about cooking then either!

I found knowing what was coming each week/month with apps and books really comforting too, as well as hearing others' experiences.

And a tip for later on: pregnant pilates/yoga videos are fantastic for preparing your body and mind for birth - I wish I'd started those earlier!

Some great additional tips there, thank you!

I especially agree on the food front - anything to make life easier during the first trimesters when cooking is the last thing you want to do. Having a stock of simple, go-to options in the fridge and freezer is a great idea.

Also loving the recommendation for pilates/yoga - will definitely be giving that a go as we progress further!

Some really great advice here, it's so true about the cooking - I found that meal prepping on days when you have some energy and appetite can be a real lifesaver for the tired, nauseous days! definitely stock up on easy meals/snacks you can grab and go or heat up quickly.

I also found yoga and Pilates helped me too - especially online workouts which are gentle, mindful and can be done sitting or lying down most of the time! There are some great pregnancy specific workout videos on YouTube I found which were a godsend for keeping mobile and relieving some aches and pains.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Yoga and Pilates sound amazing - and so helpful to have some gentle options for days when you're not feeling at your best! I'll definitely be looking up those YouTube workouts, that's a great tip. Meal prepping is something I've been doing too - it's such a weight off knowing there are healthy meals ready to go in the freezer.

Both Yoga and Pilates helped me stay centred during my pregnancy. They were especially helpful for days when morning sickness struck, as they didn't require a lot of energy but still left me feeling refreshed.

I focused on simple poses/movements and tried to use them as tools to centre myself and calm any anxiety - which is so important with all the hormone changes happening during pregnancy!

Freezing meals ahead of time sounds like such a good idea too. Could really help in those first few overwhelming weeks when baby arrives too, and you're too tired or busy to cook from scratch.

Reactions: musical
Yoga and Pilates are wonderful go-tos for expecting mothers! It's great advice to focus on simple poses and movements - especially on those tricky days.

The meal prep idea is a winner too - anything to make life easier when the baby arrives is a must-do! It'll be such a help during those initial exhausting weeks to have some go-to meals ready to go.

Yoga and Pilates are excellent recommendations - especially for the tricky days when you need some simple, effective movements!

Meal prep is something I wish I'd done too - it's such a great idea to have some easy meals ready for those first few exhausting weeks. I found having snacks that could be easily frozen then defrosted were a lifesaver when my appetite varied so much!

Yoga and Pilates are helpful because they're so adaptable to energy levels and fitness abilities - great for when you're feeling all over the place!

I found freezeable snacks and meals a real godsend too - especially as my appetite was so unpredictable. There were days when I had no idea if I'd want a lot of food or a little, and having things I could grab easily was so helpful!

Reactions: sportytina
Yoga and Pilates are fantastic recommendations - especially with the focus on breathwork which can be such a help during labour!

I also love the freezeable meal prep idea - it's so true that appetite can be all over the place, and having some go-to meals ready to defrost takes away so much stress! It's also nice to not have to worry about eating the same things every day.

Reactions: mamamia
Breathwork is an amazing trick - it can help keep you grounded and centred, especially during the later stages of pregnancy when you may feel anxious or out of breath.

And yes, meal prep is a godsend! The last thing you want is to stand cooking complicated meals after a long day, so having something easy and nutritious is such a time-saver. It's also a great way to ensure you're eating well even if you don't feel up to it.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Breathwork is such a good idea - will definitely give it a go! I've been focusing so much on preparing the nursery and baby essentials, it's so true that meal prep is the way to go for when the little one arrives! Thanks for the tip!

You’re very welcome! I found having some quick and easy meals in the freezer was a lifesaver in those first few weeks - Congrats on your little one, hope all goes well!! :)

Reactions: lioness
Freezing meals ahead of time is such a good idea! It's an enormous help during the first hectic weeks and can really ease you into getting a routine down. Congrats to you too, and all the best!

Thank you so much for this tip! I'm going to prepare some slow cooker meals that can be easily frozen and reheated. That way, we have healthy delicious food ready without any additional stress or effort after the baby arrives.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu