• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Expecting Healthy Habits

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
expecting mamas,
I'm excited to announce this new thread all about cultivating healthy habits during pregnancy! We often focus so much on the physical changes and baby prep; this space is dedicated to discussing ways we can prioritize our mental and physical wellness too.

What healthy habits have you ladies been working on or hoping to incorporate? Share your goals and inspirations, big or small - remember, every healthy habit is a worthwhile one! We're here to offer support and encouragement throughout this pregnancy journey together.

I'm so glad you started this thread; it's such an important topic!

Personally, I've been focusing on mindfulness and trying to stay present. It can be easy to get wrapped up in worries about the future or anxious thoughts, especially when you're expecting and everything in your life is about to change.

So my goal is to really be mindful, notice and appreciate the little things, and not get too ahead of myself with worries. It's a work in progress, but I'm trying to take each day as it comes and cherish this special time. Also, it helps me to remember that an expecting momma needs to cut herself some slack - motherhood is a marathon, not a sprint!

What about you? What healthy habits are you focusing on?

Mindfulness is such a great strategy! I find that being present and aware of your thoughts is an excellent way to manage any expectant worries - it's so true that we can easily get swept away with anxious thinking.

I'm trying to place focus on my physical health too, ensuring I'm getting enough gentle exercise and eating nutritious foods. It's a great mindset to adopt before the demands of a new baby arrive, as you're right - motherhood is a marathon!

It's an exciting time so enjoying the journey and being kind to oneself is so important. Looking forward to hearing other mums-to-be's healthy habits too!

Being aware of your thoughts and managing them is such a crucial aspect of keeping healthy during this exciting time. It's so easy to let anxiety creep in, and being mindful can help us recognise when our thinking may become unhealthily focused on worries.

Focusing on physical health with gentle exercise and nutritious eating is a fantastic strategy too. It's a great way to keep your body and mind strong and prepared for the challenges ahead - and definitely a marathon rather than a sprint!

It's a lovely idea to keep that sense of enjoyment and self-care front and centre as you navigate this journey. Congrats on adopting such a healthy mindset, it's an excellent approach!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply! You're spot on about managing thoughts and keeping a close eye on anxiety - it's a challenge but an essential part of maintaining good mental health throughout this journey.

I totally agree that keeping active and focusing on nutritious eating is a great way to keep mind and body in sync. It's a holistic approach that I think will pay dividends down the line too. I'm trying to keep things in perspective and remember that this is a long haul; slow and steady wins the race!

It really boosts my confidence to hear that you think I'm off to a good start - thank you again for your kind words!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply! You're spot on about managing thoughts and keeping a close eye on anxiety - it's a challenge but an essential part of maintaining good mental health throughout this journey.

I totally agree that keeping active and focusing on nutritious eating is a great way to keep mind and body in sync. It's a holistic approach that I think will pay dividends down the line too. I'm trying to keep things in perspective and remember that this is a long haul; slow and steady wins the race!

It really boosts my confidence to hear that you think I'm off to a good start - thank you again for your kind words!
You're most welcome; it's lovely to share these experiences and strategies.

Keep us posted on your healthy habit progress - here's to maintaining that momentum! There's so much wisdom and support in this group. :)

Do share your strategies again soon! It's always good to hear what others are doing too.

It feels like a supportive and wise crew here - I agree it's so helpful to hear about the strategies others are using to stay on track. There's such great value in sharing our experiences, especially when we can offer solutions to one another!

I'll keep updating you on my progress - it helps to know you're all out there keeping me accountable :)

Reactions: sunflower
That's a great mindset to have - sharing our experiences and offering solutions is so valuable, as we can learn so much from one another! Hearing about your journey and progress is inspiring. Knowing that you're out there working towards your goals keeps all of us accountable too. Keep those updates coming, and let's keep supporting each other!

It feels like a supportive and wise crew here - I agree it's so helpful to hear about the strategies others are using to stay on track. There's such great value in sharing our experiences, especially when we can offer solutions to one another!

I'll keep updating you on my progress - it helps to know you're all out there keeping me accountable :)
That's awesome to know you find this thread helpful for sharing and staying accountable! It's encouraging to hear about the successes of others and knowing we aren't alone in our pregnancy journeys. Keep us posted on your healthy habits; it's a great way to stay motivated!

hearing about everyone's successes is super motivating! I'll keep you updated on my healthy habits - it's a great source of inspiration and accountability, so thank you for that! 😊

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Hope everything's great with you as well!

Good health is a very important aspect of our lives, and keeping fit and healthy should always be a priority. Eating right and staying active are two key factors that contribute towards good health. We should also keep our minds engaged and occupied with positive thoughts and a positive outlook in life - that's a great way to stay healthy too!

May everyone be blessed with good health, positivity and happiness.

Good health is a very important aspect of our lives, and keeping fit and healthy should always be a priority. Eating right and staying active are two key factors that contribute towards good health. We should also keep our minds engaged and occupied with positive thoughts and a positive outlook in life - that's a great way to stay healthy too!

Amen to that!

Being mindful of our physical and mental well-being is crucial, especially in today's fast-paced world. Taking time to appreciate the little things, surrounding ourselves with positive influences, and maintaining a healthy routine can make a huge difference.

Let's continue inspiring each other on this journey.

I couldn't agree more! All the healthy habits shared here today are fantastic. They really boost my motivation meter! Staying positive and being mindful of our thoughts is an essential habit to stay fit, which is sometimes overlooked.

Here's sending good vibes your way!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu