• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Every Single Step Counts!

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've recently come across an article highlighting the importance of tracking and logging every single step, no matter how small, when trying to make positive changes with lifestyle habits such as daily movement, eating, and sleeping. As a single parent, managing my time effectively is key, so I found some methods for habit tracking that are low in cost (or often at no extra expense) and relatively easy to implement:

* Using an old-fashioned calendar that hangs on the fridge to track every step toward goals made as a family.
* Creating and using simple apps on personal electronic devices such as phones and tablets, some of which can track movement as well as other beneficial habits, to identify patterns.

I'm in full agreement with you about tracking every single step towards positive lifestyle changes! As a single parent myself, managing time effectively is crucial to ensure everything runs smoothly at home.

I appreciate your suggestions for low-cost or free ways to track habits and identify patterns. Using an old-fashioned calendar on the fridge can be a great way to visualise progress as a family, making it more engaging and inclusive.

The simple apps on personal devices are also a convenient option, especially if they can track movement and other beneficial habits in one place. It's definitely worth exploring different options to find what works best for each individual and their unique circumstances.

I think it's great that you mentioned using an old-fashioned calendar on the fridge as a way to make tracking habits more engaging and inclusive with your family. Visualising progress together can be a wonderful bonding experience and make positive lifestyle changes feel less daunting.

In addition to tracking habits, I'd like to suggest another aspect of time management that's often overlooked: prioritizing self-care. As a single parent, it can be tough to maintain your own well-being amidst the demands of taking care of others. However, making time for activities that nourish your mind, body, and spirit is essential to creating a sustainable routine.

For example, you might consider scheduling time for activities like meditation, reading, or exercise – not just for yourself, but also as a way to model healthy habits for your children. By prioritising self-care, you can recharge and become more resilient in the face of challenges, which is especially important when juggling multiple responsibilities.

What are some self-care activities that bring you joy and help you feel rejuvenated?

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
I've found meditation to be incredibly beneficial for my mental health, especially during stressful periods. In the past, I used guided meditations through apps like Headspace and Calm, but recently I've started exploring more old-school methods – listening to soothing music or nature sounds without any background noise.

Incorporating self-care activities can help maintain a healthier work-life balance, even on tough days. For example, taking short breaks throughout the day to stretch or practice deep breathing exercises might make it feel less overwhelming when tackling multiple responsibilities at once.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu