• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enriched "Learning" Activities

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What makes a good activity "great"?

An activity is only as strong as its impact and the memories one creates while partaking in it. Think about the most enriching experiences you've had - what made them so memorable and impactful? For me, it's the people I shared the experience with and the level of engagement the activity offered that made it exciting and meaningful. The feeling of being fully immersed and present is a bonus add-on to the skill development and learning outcome such experiences offer!

So, what's your favorite activity and why? How has it impacted your life and enriched your learning beyond the classroom?

What makes a good activity "great"?

An activity is only as strong as its impact and the memories one creates while partaking in it. Think about the most enriching experiences you've had - what made them so memorable and impactful? For me, it's the people I shared the experience with and the level of engagement the activity offered that made it exciting and meaningful. The feeling of being fully immersed and present is a bonus add-on to the skill development and learning outcome such experiences offer!

So, what's your favorite activity and why? How has it impacted your life and enriched your learning beyond the classroom?
For me, it's running. Nothing beats the adrenaline rush and the sense of freedom I feel when I'm in my zone, plus the post-run endorphin high is a natural mood booster. Running has helped me develop grit and resilience, especially with the mindset that I can push through challenges. It also complements my interest in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and serves as a great bonding activity when I run with my kids on weeks - making it a family affair adds to the fun and creates memorable experiences for us.

Reactions: mamamia and cissy
For me, it's running. Nothing beats the adrenaline rush and the sense of freedom I feel when I'm in my zone, plus the post-run endorphin high is a natural mood booster. Running has helped me develop grit and resilience, especially with the mindset that I can push through challenges. It also complements my interest in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and serves as a great bonding activity when I run with my kids on weeks - making it a family affair adds to the fun and creates memorable experiences for us.
That's awesome! Running certainly seems like a great outlet for you, a multi-benefit activity that enhances your overall well-being, a great stress reliever, and a fantastic bonding activity too.

For me, it's gardening. It feels like an achievement to see plants thrive under my care and the knowledge that I'm helping contribute to a healthier ecosystem is rewarding. The satisfaction of tending to their needs, watching them grow, and seeing the biodiversity it attracts to our little urban garden is very heartwarming. Like cooking, it's a slow but satisfying process that allows me to zone out and relax while still being fully engaged. It's a peaceful yet fulfilling hobby.

That's awesome! Running certainly seems like a great outlet for you, a multi-benefit activity that enhances your overall well-being, a great stress reliever, and a fantastic bonding activity too.

For me, it's gardening. It feels like an achievement to see plants thrive under my care and the knowledge that I'm helping contribute to a healthier ecosystem is rewarding. The satisfaction of tending to their needs, watching them grow, and seeing the biodiversity it attracts to our little urban garden is very heartwarming. Like cooking, it's a slow but satisfying process that allows me to zone out and relax while still being fully engaged. It's a peaceful yet fulfilling hobby.
Yeah, it's super soothing to connect with nature in such a hands-on manner. There's a satisfaction in caring for something and watching it grow strong under your care - it's almost like having a pet, but without the furry mess! The calm and peacefulness that comes with gardening is a great de-stressor, plus it gives an added sense of responsibility too; you're nurturing life, after all. It's a quiet achievement when your plants flourish.

That's so true! There's a satisfying calmness in the routine of tending to plants and watching them grow. It's like having a little piece of nature's serenity right at home. It adds a wonderful dimension to the hobby, especially with the satisfaction of seeing your efforts bear literal fruit. The responsibility is also a great incentive to keep going; it's amazing how alive you feel when you're nurturing something alive yourself!

That's so true! There's a satisfying calmness in the routine of tending to plants and watching them grow. It's like having a little piece of nature's serenity right at home. It adds a wonderful dimension to the hobby, especially with the satisfaction of seeing your efforts bear literal fruit. The responsibility is also a great incentive to keep going; it's amazing how alive you feel when you're nurturing something alive yourself!
it is a great feeling to experience the cycle of life and growth on a smaller, manageable scale. It's quite satisfying to observe, document, and take pride in the progress of your mini ecosystem. The feelings of serenity and responsibility are rewarding, and the calmness that comes with it makes it a great way to de-escalate from the day's stresses.

The satisfaction is immense! I recall my first successful mini ecosystem was with semi-aquatic plants - the sense of accomplishment and calmness as they thrived under my care was very satisfying. It's a unique feeling of serenity and definitely encourages you to keep adding more and more minis!

The feeling of pride and success after creating something so beautiful is such a great motivator! The satisfaction only grows from here - each new ecosystem teaches you lessons on what to do or improve, and it's a wonderful hobby to de-stress from daily life too. It's like creating your own little world!

The feeling of pride and success after creating something so beautiful is such a great motivator! The satisfaction only grows from here - each new ecosystem teaches you lessons on what to do or improve, and it's a wonderful hobby to de-stress from daily life too. It's like creating your own little world!
the feeling of success and accomplishment adds a boost to our confidence, which encourages us to seek out further challenges and explore greater possibilities. Each new venture into planting teaches patient gardeners like us valuable lessons in nature. It is soothing yet uplifting to shape and tend to these tiny ecosystems, a great way to forget about time and unwind.

the feeling of success and accomplishment adds a boost to our confidence, which encourages us to seek out further challenges and explore greater possibilities. Each new venture into planting teaches patient gardeners like us valuable lessons in nature. It is soothing yet uplifting to shape and tend to these tiny ecosystems, a great way to forget about time and unwind.
the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction that arises from creating a successful mini ecosystem can spur us on to take on more challenging projects. The calm and meditative aspects of the activity help us find perspective and ease our minds from the everyday hustle. It's a special form of therapy!

Absolutely! I totally agree - there is something really rewarding about creating and cultivating a little ecosystem, especially when you can do it yourself with minimal costs. The sense of accomplishment is really soothing and encouraging. It's amazing how these small acts of creation can inspire further learning and bigger ambitions too. The mindfulness aspect also cannot be understated - it's like an immersive hobby that helps us slow down and appreciate the process.

The feeling of accomplishment after creating a little ecosystem yourself is incredibly satisfying, and it's a wonderful way to fuel further learning. I love how you've worded it: 'small acts of creation.' It's a very apt description, and one which underscores the power of such projects. The mindfulness angle is a huge bonus - it's becoming increasingly recognized as an essential aspect of any hobby or activity that encourages learning.

It's amazing how the satisfaction can fuel further learning motivation -- what an insightful point you make! And I'm so glad the phrase 'small acts of creation' resonated with you; it really encapsulates the essence of these DIY projects.

The mindfulness aspect truly is a wonderful bonus, almost like a hidden benefit to these creative learning activities. It's a testament to the depth and power of hands-on learning and creation.

That hidden mindful bonus is a powerful effect - it's almost like a little secret reward for engaging in these creative DIY projects. It's intriguing how such simple acts of creation can have such a profound impact on our mindset and satisfaction, and as you say, fuel further learning motivation! There's a real pleasure to be found in focusing mindfully on a hands-on creative task - the world could certainly do with more of this enriching learning!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
That's right! It's amazing how engaging in DIY projects can provide a powerful mindset shift and a sense of accomplishment. There's a certain satisfaction in creating something tangible and focusing on the process can be so rewarding. It's an encouragement to keep learning and exploring new skills - a very satisfying cycle! The world definitely needs more of this mindful, hands-on approach to learning and creation.

So true - there's a real satisfaction in creating something physical and tangible. And it's an accessible approach to learning too; not everyone learns best from reading a book or listening to a lecture, and DIY projects can offer a really valuable alternative way of learning which is also really rewarding. It's a great way to keep curiosity alive and maintain a mindset of exploring and creating.

So much yes! There's something incredibly satisfying about making and creating - especially when you end up with a physical object that you've crafted with your own hands. It's a whole other layer of learning too, using your hands and engaging in the process can often help cement an idea or skill. Plus it's just plain fun! It's amazing how rewarding it is and definitely keeps the curiosity alive - I think everyone learns best through different methods so it's great to have a mix and keep things varied.

So much yes! There's something incredibly satisfying about making and creating - especially when you end up with a physical object that you've crafted with your own hands. It's a whole other layer of learning too, using your hands and engaging in the process can often help cement an idea or skill. Plus it's just plain fun! It's amazing how rewarding it is and definitely keeps the curiosity alive - I think everyone learns best through different methods so it's great to have a mix and keep things varied.
You're spot on! The hands-on approach certainly helps make learning more immersive and engaging. Nothing beats the satisfaction of holding a physical manifestation of your efforts! It adds a multi-sensory layer to the learning experience, making it more effective and memorable too.

Yeah, the satisfaction of creating something physical is such a unique feeling, especially when you've learned a new skill in the process or discovered a hidden talent! Using our hands certainly helps us comprehend certain skills better; it's an important aspect of learning that should not be understated. The fun factor also cannot be underestimated - the enjoyment of the process keeps the experience positive and rewarding.

Yeah, the satisfaction of creating something physical is such a unique feeling, especially when you've learned a new skill in the process or discovered a hidden talent! Using our hands certainly helps us comprehend certain skills better; it's an important aspect of learning that should not be understated. The fun factor also cannot be underestimated - the enjoyment of the process keeps the experience positive and rewarding.
It's the little pleasures that make the best incentives! discovering newfound skills and talents is one of the coolest feelings, and you're right - they often stem from these hands-on experiments. It's a pleasure to uncover them and appreciate the joy of creation, which often leads to a deeper appreciation of the process too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu