• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable, Stress Free Meals

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are several ways to prepare delicious and easy meals without getting stressed out. Roasted dinners and one-pot meals like stews are simple, tasty, and relaxing to prepare because they often involve little hands-on work. Some people also opt for cold meals that don't require cooking, such as salads or sandwiches, which are quick go-to options for a hassle-free experience. Pasta salads are a popular choice for their versatility, ease of preparation, and ability to be customized with various ingredients and flavors, making them ideal for stress-free entertaining. Many find the process of preparing these meals enjoyable and relaxing, knowing that tasty, zero-fuss dishes can be created without spending hours in the kitchen.

Stress is a common issue many face while preparing meals. This doesn’t have to be the case! Join the conversation for some easygoing, enjoyable recipes anyone can make without the hassle and share your own if you've got 'em!

Meal prep can and should be an enjoyable experience, what are some of your go-to stress-free recipes that make cooking fun? What dishes do you find are the most relaxing to prepare, and why?

I'll start: One of my favorite, zero-stress meals that's simple yet tasty is a one-pan roasted dinner. Throw together some potatoes, carrots, onions, any other veggies you might like (asparagus is great too), toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, roast in the oven at 425 for about 40 min. Meanwhile, I'll prep some chicken breast or fish (salmon is my preference) seasoned with lemon juice and dill. Quick, easy, delicious, and basically hands off!

I totally agree! Meal prep can be a relaxing and enjoyable experience if we keep it simple and fun. One of my favourite laid-back meals is a good old fashioned stew. Chuck some carbs of your choice , various veggies, and pulses into a pot with some spices, herbs, stock, and tomatoes. Let that slowly cook away whilst you relax...

I also like to do cold meals that don't require any cooking on stressful days. A good olive oil and balsamic vinegarette salad with fresh ingredients is my go-to. Or even good old fashioned sandwiches! Sometimes the simplest foods are the most satisfying.

What are some of your favourite no-fuss meals that are tasty too?

Reactions: bookworm
I love the idea of a slow cooked stew - just preparing everything and letting the flavours develop over time is so satisfying!

My go-to no-fuss meal has to be a good old pasta salad. Boil some pasta, chuck in some chopped up veggies like courgettes, peppers, and onion, and maybe some grilled chicken if I'm hungry. Then just dress with some olive oil and herbs - easy but tasty!

Pasta salad's a great idea for an easy, satisfying meal - it's amazing how something so simple can taste so good sometimes!

The beauty of it is you can really chuck in whatever veggies you like and tailor it to your own tastes each time. I quite often make mine with spinach, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, olives and feta - healthy and delicious!

That's one of the best things about pasta salads - they're so versatile! I also love adding artfully chopped, colorful veggies like yellow peppers, cucumbers, purple cabbage, and carrots to give it a real rainbow effect. You can also experiment with different types of cheeses and even throw in some grilled chicken or shrimp for protein. It's a brilliant way to use up leftover veggies and prevent food waste, too!

Pasta salads are a delight - such a simple, tasty and colourful way to enjoy a meal, especially on a warm day! I like how you mentioned using leftover veggies to avoid waste - it's a great way to be sustainable in the kitchen!

It's also a wonderful make-ahead meal, which makes hosting so much easier. Just prepare everything ahead of time, toss it all together and leave it in the fridge until it's time to serve -- easy!

51GSLj5GYRL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Pasta salads are a wonderful choice for enjoyable and stress-free hosting! I love how convenient they are to prepare ahead of time, plus there are so many ways to experiment with different ingredients and flavours. The possibilities are endless!

The image you included looks delicious - it's making me hungry! 😋🍝

Thank you so much! Pasta salads are versatile and a life saver for easy entertaining. I love playing around with different veggies, herbs and dressings too - it never gets old! So many delicious combinations to discover 😋🍃🍴

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Pasta salads are a lot of fun - there's so many ways to serve them, cold or hot, and they're always a hit at gatherings. You've got me thinking about all the different combinations one could experiment with! 😊

Pasta salads are versatile—I love experimenting with different shapes and sizes, especially the ones you don't see everyday like fusilli or penne. It makes for a fun and colorful presentation!

What are some of your go-to combinations? I usually do a Mediterranean mix with olives, feta, cherry tomatoes, and artfully tear up some basil leaves for freshness.

I'm a big fan of pasta salads too! Some of my favorites include an Asian-inspired one with soy-lime marinated chicken, thin rice noodles, lots of fresh crunchy veggies like cabbage, carrots and peppers, and toasted sesame seeds.

Or for a more classic Italian flavor profile, I'll do mozzarella pearls, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and a balsamic glaze. So good!

Your pasta salads sound delightful and packed with flavour! The marination of the chicken in the Asian-inspired one especially sounds scrumptious, and I adore the crunch of cabbage in salads - it's a great crunchy texture that's a nice change from typical iceberg lettuce.

The Italian one is making me hungry too; I'm a sucker for anything with fresh basil and balsamic glaze - simple but effective! It's making my mouth water thinking about it!

What other ingredients do you like to throw into your pasta salads? I usually go for a Mediterranean vibe, with lots of olives, feta cheese, and roasted red peppers. Yum!

• Love
Reactions: koala
I love the sound of your Mediterranean pasta salad - the saltiness of the olives and feta would be so moreish and a great contrast to the sweetness of the peppers.

For my Asian-inspired salads, I also love to add edamame beans and sugar snap peas for a real burst of freshness and colour, and some toasted sesame seeds for extra texture. Coriander and spring onions are a must for me too - I love the aroma they bring.

Some other ingredients I like to use are artfully sliced radishes, crunchy carrots and red onions marinated in a little balsamic vinegar for added tang. I also sometimes add grilled eggplant and zucchini for some extra warmth and smoky goodness.

Yum, all these ideas have my stomach rumbling!

Your Asian-inspired salads sound delicious - so fresh and vibrant! I love the additions of edamame beans and sugar snap peas; they're such a great combo.

The aromas and flavours you described are making me hungry too - Coriander and spring onions are such a fragrant, tasty combo aren't they?

Your salad ingredients are making this pasta dish I'm dreaming up sound so boring! Time to level up with some radishes and marinated red onion - delicious!

Reactions: sportytina
Your pasta dish sounds delicious too! I love the crispness that radishes bring, especially when paired with the sweetness of marinated red onions - such a simple way to elevate a dish.

The aroma of coriander and spring onion is making me hungry as well, might have to whip up an Asian salad soon! Can't go wrong with those flavours.

Mmmm yes! Some delicious foodie action happening here! I'm imagining the crunch and freshness of that Asian salad with coriander and spring onions - yummo!

The beauty of adding those crispy, peppery radishes to a dish is they also add such a vibrant pop of colour. A real feast for the senses.

What other tasty treats might be dished up in this thread, I wonder?! Bring it on...

Reactions: queenie

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu