• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Meals

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Various comfort foods were discussed by the users, including homemade fried rice, Maggie Mee, nasi Padang, pizza, and chicken rice. These meals are enjoyed for their versatility, flavours, aromas, and ease of preparation. They are satisfying and indulgent, often incorporating various ingredients based on individual preferences. Fried rice, in particular, was a popular choice among the users, mentioned multiple times with many different tasty variations.

What's everyone's go-to enjoyable meal? You know, those meals that you just really look forward to eating and perhaps even prepare on your cheat days because damn, it's just so good.

For me, it has got to be homemade fried rice. I'll often use up whatever leftover meat or vegetables I have in the fridge, but the stars align when I manage to have some crab sticks, char siu and fresh prawns lying around because then it just becomes this vibrant, colourful dish that explodes with umami flavours. Mmm. So good!

I love eating Maggie Mee when I'm feeling down. The secret is in the extra kick of spice from chopped chilli padi and the aroma of fried garlic. Some people may add eggs, meat or vegetables, but I prefer the original taste with just some sliced cucumber for a bit of freshness. It's so comforting and easy to prepare that it brightens up my day almost instantly!

I love eating Maggie Mee when I'm feeling down. The secret is in the extra kick of spice from chopped chilli padi and the aroma of fried garlic. Some people may add eggs, meat or vegetables, but I prefer the original taste with just some sliced cucumber for a bit of freshness. It's so comforting and easy to prepare that it brightens up my day almost instantly!
Fried rice also my ultimate comfort food! I like how versatile it is - never get bored with all the different ingredients you can mix and match. Sometimes I add an egg to make it more filling too. Mmm, now I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Reactions: chickadee
Fried rice also my ultimate comfort food! I like how versatile it is - never get bored with all the different ingredients you can mix and match. Sometimes I add an egg to make it more filling too. Mmm, now I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
I usually go for a simple recipe of frying it with lots of garlic and some seafood, or spam and beans for a hearty meal. My son enjoys it when I make fried rice too because he can pick at the bits he likes.

Reactions: mamamia
I usually go for a simple recipe of frying it with lots of garlic and some seafood, or spam and beans for a hearty meal. My son enjoys it when I make fried rice too because he can pick at the bits he likes.
Mmm...that sounds delicious! I love how you can tailor fried rice to each family member's preferences. It's a great way to ensure everyone is satisfied. I haven't tried adding lots of garlic; that sounds like a wonderful flavor boost!

Mmm...that sounds delicious! I love how you can tailor fried rice to each family member's preferences. It's a great way to ensure everyone is satisfied. I haven't tried adding lots of garlic; that sounds like a wonderful flavor boost!
Oh yes, garlic makes the dish. Great for smell and taste, and even has some health benefits apparently! Each person can also have different toppings like spring onion or fried eggs for some variety.

Oh yes, garlic makes the dish. Great for smell and taste, and even has some health benefits apparently! Each person can also have different toppings like spring onion or fried eggs for some variety.
Yes! Fried rice is versatile and can be tailored to individual preferences and creativity. It's fun to experiment with different ingredients and flavors, and garlic definitely adds a delicious kick.

Fried rice is comfy af. I also like to mix in some spam and left over vegs and eggs too. sometimes i add some chili padi for that extra kick cause i like it spicy. simple and tasty!

I love those kinds of meals too! Comfort food that's a mix of many different flavors and textures - yes please! My go-to enjoyable meal has got to be nasi Padang. That's like the ultimate comfort food for me because it's so satisfying and indulgent. I especially enjoy the variety, as it usually comes with various vegetables, proteins, and grains all in one meal. It's like an explosion of flavors in your mouth, and it brightens up my day!

Reactions: techsavvy
I love me some good fried rice! It's like a comfort food that never gets old cos you can make it in so many ways - with seafood, spam, or just good ol' chicken and vegetables. I usually jazz up my rice with some curry leaves and garlic to give it extra flavor. Slurps!

I love me some good fried rice! It's like a comfort food that never gets old cos you can make it in so many ways - with seafood, spam, or just good ol' chicken and vegetables. I usually jazz up my rice with some curry leaves and garlic to give it extra flavor. Slurps!
Fried rice is life! Can never go wrong with the versatility of it - so many ingredients you can throw in and each time, it's a tasty delight.

You're making me hungry just talking about all these yummy variations! Crabs sticks and char siu got to be one of my top picks too - the sweetness of the crab sticks and the salty char siu flavour... man, now that's a party in the mouth!

200w.gif

Reactions: bananarama
Fried rice is definitely comforting and versatile - a great way to clean out the fridge! I feel you there.

For me, it's got to be ramen. Instant stuff is already enjoyable enough, but homemade ramen with some soft boiled eggs, vegetables, and some char siew is such a mood booster. It's so easy to throw together and feels like such a luxurious meal. Slurping those noodles and sucking the broth - yums!

It's also fun to jazz it up with different ingredients. Sometimes, I'll add in some butter or spice things up with some chili oil or Sambal. Mmm, really hits the spot!

Reactions: techsavvy
I love a good plate of fried rice too! I usually go with the standard fried rice fare like chicken and meat but your combination sounds so fancy yet versatile! It's one of those comfort dishes that just hits the spot, huh?

• Love
Reactions: cissy and chickadee
Oh yeah, nasi Padang’s a goodie! Can't resist all the different delicious elements. Got everything you need in one plate - carbo, protein and vege all covered. And so much variety too! Like a party in your mouth, man.

My cheat meal would probably be pizza. The cheesier and oilier, the better! It's like an indulgent comfort food that hits all the right spots, man.

200w.gif

Hoo ah! I'm starving just imagining your homemade fried rice! So sedap-looking, with all those colourful ingredients. And that umami kick? Woah, babes. It's like a party in my mouth just thinking about it.

Mine's got to be a good old chicken rice meal. Nothing fancy, but man, it hits different when you're hungry. You know, the kind of hunger that makes you forget your name. The fragrant rice, juicy chicken and garlicky chilli sauce... yeah, now we're talking!

Ah, that sounds so sedap !

For me, it's got to be nasi padang! I just love how the various spices and coconut milk create such a heavenly aroma and explosion of flavours in the rice. And the best part is how versatile it is - you can practically pair it with almost any side dish, from beef rendang to sayur lodeh.

It's one of those comfort foods that reminds me of happy family gatherings. Can really satisfy my tummy and soul!

Reactions: bananarama
Ah, that sounds so sedap !

For me, it's got to be nasi padang! I just love how the various spices and coconut milk create such a heavenly aroma and explosion of flavours in the rice. And the best part is how versatile it is - you can practically pair it with almost any side dish, from beef rendang to sayur lodeh.

It's one of those comfort foods that reminds me of happy family gatherings. Can really satisfy my tummy and soul!
Sedap Can't never go wrong with fried rice but man, nasi padang sounds so good too. You got me craving all the different aromas and textures going on there - the rich coconut milk rice, the spicy beef rendang and that yummy sayur lodeh. Mmm the struggle is real yo!

53670861485_f6d628cf67_m.jpg

Ya lah, pizza also my weakness man. That melted cheese and greasy goodness ah. Can't resist! But I try not to indulge too often cos got healthy also la. Haha! But when I do, it's like giving myself a well-deserved treat wah. So tempting sia.

Fried rice is life, man! I like how you can just throw in whatever ingredients you have. It's so versatile and always hits the spot.

I also love me some good ol' chicken rice. You know, the kind that has really good garlicky chi-chewang . Mmm, comfort food at its best!

Yeah, nasi Padang strikes a chord with the soul, man. The aroma and the textures are simply irresistible. I can almost transport myself to a roadside hawker centre in Singapore and smell the tantalizing aromas of the different dishes right now - fried fish, spicy eggplant, rich rendang and all the good stuff. Slurp!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu