• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Family Meals

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's everyone's go-to meal when cooking for the family?
I need some inspiration to keep the menu exciting but also easy and tasty. Some nights I feel like we're in a food rut, so would love some new ideas!

I need some inspiration to keep the menu exciting but also easy and tasty. Some nights I feel like we're in a food rut, so would love some new ideas!
My daughter's favorite is pasta night! She loves twirling the noodles around her fork (or rather, trying to) and it's an easy, hearty meal that I can whip together with different sauces and ingredients.

Our trusty family favorites include baked salmon with lemon butter sauce and roasted potatoes, which is elegant enough for adults yet kid-approved. It's simple to prepare and healthy too! Another go-to is rice bowl nights - a variety of cooked rice topped with different proteins and veggies that everyone can customize at the table. It's a crowd pleaser and an easy way to get the kids involved in cooking.

My son's favorite is pasta night! I usually cook a simple tomato-based sauce with lots of hidden veggies, and we switch up the shapes to keep it interesting. Sometimes I add some cooked chicken or sausage for protein. One-pan meals are my lifesaver on busy nights, so I also do sheet pan dinners with veggies and meats that everyone loves.

My son loves my chicken rendang because he's a meat lover and rendering has tons of spices giving it lots of flavours. It's also easy coz all you need to do is slow cook with loads of coconut milk till the sauce thickens while you prep other dishes.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu