• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Family Meals

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Creating fun, tasty and nutritious meals that the whole family can enjoy can sometimes pose a challenge, so let's share our yummy, tried-and-true recipes here!

I'll start with one of our favorites:
XYZ Chicken
Ingredients:
- Chicken breasts
- Breadcrumbs (we use Japanese-style panko)
- Cheese - grated (cheddar's our go-to, but any strong flavor works well)
- XXXX sauce/condiment (we like it with sweet chili sauce, but ranch or BBQ sauce are also winners)

Coat the chicken in sauce, then dip in breadcrumbs and cheese, before placing on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 mins at XYZ degrees until cooked through and golden. Serve with your favorite sides - we like it with roasted veggies and rice.

What are your family's favorite meals?

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
That XYZ Chicken sounds delicious! We're big fans of chicken in our house too, so I'd love to try your recipe.

One of our all-time favorites is a creamy chicken and pasta bake. It's a real comfort food and so easy to throw together.

You'll need:
- Cooked chicken (shredded)
- Penne pasta
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Grated mozzarella
- Diced tomatoes

Combine the chicken, pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and tomatoes in a dish. Top with mozarella and bake until melted and bubbly.

It's a winner every time and so simple! Also great for using up leftover chicken.

That sounds amazing - I love one pot meals like your creamy chicken and pasta bake! It's always great to have a go-to recipe for family dinners and yours sounds so comforting and tasty.

The ingredients are all fairly inexpensive too, which is a bonus - and a great way to use up leftover chicken (which we always seem to have!).

I think I'll give it a go over the weekend, thanks for sharing!

That sounds amazing - I love one pot meals like your creamy chicken and pasta bake! It's always great to have a go-to recipe for family dinners and yours sounds so comforting and tasty.

The ingredients are all fairly inexpensive too, which is a bonus - and a great way to use up leftover chicken (which we always seem to have!).

I think I'll give it a go over the weekend, thanks for sharing!
Yes, it's a super easy and tasty recipe that's perfect for busy parents. The best part is probably how you can adapt it with different types of cheeses and condiments, to suit every palate and taste preference! Enjoy trying and do give some feedback if your family loves it too!

That's what makes this recipe so winning - adaptability is a huge bonus when catering to different family members' tastes! It's great to know that this recipe has your vote of approval too :) Looking forward to hearing how others enjoyed it as well!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That's what makes this recipe so winning - adaptability is a huge bonus when catering to different family members' tastes! It's great to know that this recipe has your vote of approval too :) Looking forward to hearing how others enjoyed it as well!
Yes being able to tailor the flavours to different tastes is a fun way to enjoy the same meal. Not everyone enjoys the same things, so it's great to have some versatility!

Yes being able to tailor the flavours to different tastes is a fun way to enjoy the same meal. Not everyone enjoys the same things, so it's great to have some versatility!
I agree! Versatility is key to keeping meal times interesting and exciting without burning out in the kitchen!

Reactions: wellness
I agree! Versatility is key to keeping meal times interesting and exciting without burning out in the kitchen!
Absolutely! I'm all for anything that makes cooking easier, especially with a young family. Got any other simple but tasty recipes up your sleeve? Haha sleeves are literally made for storing more such yummy, easy recipes! 😊

Absolutely! I'm all for anything that makes cooking easier, especially with a young family. Got any other simple but tasty recipes up your sleeve? Haha sleeves are literally made for storing more such yummy, easy recipes! 😊
As a busy mum, I'm all about quick and easy meals these days! Another one of our favorites is a simple prawn (or shrimp) pasta. It's a real weeknight staple that takes hardly any time to throw together and is so delicious.

You'll need:
- Prawns/Shrimp
- SpaghettI
- Garlic
- Butter/Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice and Zest
- Fresh Parsley (optional)

Cook the pasta according to package instructions. In a pan, heat up some butter or olive oil and throw in the prawns, garlic, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Cook until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through. Toss the drained pasta into the prawn mixture and serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a goodcrust of black pepper.

Such a simple but yummy meal that takes hardly any time at all!

As a busy mum, I'm all about quick and easy meals these days! Another one of our favorites is a simple prawn (or shrimp) pasta. It's a real weeknight staple that takes hardly any time to throw together and is so delicious.

You'll need:
- Prawns/Shrimp
- SpaghettI
- Garlic
- Butter/Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice and Zest
- Fresh Parsley (optional)

Cook the pasta according to package instructions. In a pan, heat up some butter or olive oil and throw in the prawns, garlic, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Cook until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through. Toss the drained pasta into the prawn mixture and serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a goodcrust of black pepper.

Such a simple but yummy meal that takes hardly any time at all!
The shrimp pasta sounds delicious and quick I love citrusy and garlicky flavors, so this is definitely going to be my next trial after the creamy chicken bake!

Do you think adding some sliced lemons will work well with this recipe too? Or perhaps a lemon and herb marinated prawns pasta?

Reactions: sunnydays
Citrus-marinated prawns sound like an incredible addition to this meal! Some fresh, thinly sliced lemons could also work well as a garnish or even stir through at the end of the cooking process for a real burst of flavor.

Perhaps even add some lemon thyme or lemongrass for extra zing!

The flavors of the herbs really shine through and enhance the sweetness of the prawns. The aroma alone is enough to entice everyone to the table!

The flavors of the herbs really shine through and enhance the sweetness of the prawns. The aroma alone is enough to entice everyone to the table!
The power of well-chosen herbs should never be underestimated! Their aroma truly tantalizes the tastebuds.

The power of well-chosen herbs should never be underestimated! Their aroma truly tantalizes the tastebuds.
It's amazing how such simple ingredients can make such a huge difference and elevate a dish aren't they? Herbs have this incredible way of brightening up any dish, bringing so much flavor and character with such a subtle, delicate touch.

It's amazing how such simple ingredients can make such a huge difference and elevate a dish aren't they? Herbs have this incredible way of brightening up any dish, bringing so much flavor and character with such a subtle, delicate touch.
They say the devil's in the details, but for foodies like us, it's definitely the herbs that make all the difference!

Yes, herbs certainly are the unsung heroes of the culinary world, adding immense depth and dimension to dishes without being overbearing. Their versatility in bringing different flavors and aromas to the table is truly special. It's fun discovering new herb combinations too - they add so much excitement to the plate!

They say the devil's in the details, but for foodies like us, it's definitely the herbs that make all the difference!
it's the finer details that can elevate a regular meal into something truly special. Herbs provide that extra zing that keeps tastebuds tantalized and guess what - it's so simple!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu