• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Family Meals

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to share ideas for family meals that are tasty, easy to prepare, and enjoyed by kids & adults alike!

We all lead such busy lives, so having a go-to list of tasty, simple dishes the whole family loves can be a real lifesaver when planning meals.

Some of our favorite, kid-approved dinners include:

- Sheet Pan Chicken: Load up a baking sheet with veggies and chicken breasts, roast in the oven - easy clean up!

- Pasta Bake: Our family favorite is a creamy pasta bake loaded with broccoli, chicken & cheese. Quick & tasty!

- Taco/Nacho Night: Fun for everyone to customize their own tacos or nachos. Load up on different toppings & let the kids go wild!

What are your go-to, crowd pleasing meals that have the family asking for seconds?

I thought it would be fun to share ideas for family meals that are tasty, easy to prepare, and enjoyed by kids & adults alike!

We all lead such busy lives, so having a go-to list of tasty, simple dishes the whole family loves can be a real lifesaver when planning meals.

Some of our favorite, kid-approved dinners include:

- Sheet Pan Chicken: Load up a baking sheet with veggies and chicken breasts, roast in the oven - easy clean up!

- Pasta Bake: Our family favorite is a creamy pasta bake loaded with broccoli, chicken & cheese. Quick & tasty!

- Taco/Nacho Night: Fun for everyone to customize their own tacos or nachos. Load up on different toppings & let the kids go wild!

What are your go-to, crowd pleasing meals that have the family asking for seconds?
Phew, that's a good question! Kids can be fussy diners, so it's great to have some reliable meal ideas up our sleeves that everyone will enjoy.

One of my son's favorites is what we call "Rainbow Fried Rice". It's a great way to get some extra veggies into his diet, and it's a fun, interactive meal for him to eat.

It's simply fried rice with an array of colorful bell peppers, carrots, and sweet peas. I'll often sneak in some sliced mushrooms too. The name encourages my son to eat brightly colored vegetables, and it's fun for him to eat a "rainbow" on his plate. I shape the rice into a rainbow with the veggies running along the colors, and it's something he looks forward to finding at mealtime. It's also easy to customize to your family's preferences.

Another winner is mini meatloaf. Using a muffin pan creates individual servings that cook faster and are fun to eat. The portions are manageable too, and you can hide grated veggies in the mix. I like to make a saucy ketchup glaze on top which makes it extra tasty. It's a great comfort food and a good way to use up leftover meat and vegetables.

Both these meals are simple to prepare, which is ideal for busy nights, and they freeze well too.

• Love
Reactions: musical and koala
Those are some fun and tasty-sounding meals! I love the idea of shaping the rice into a rainbow; very clever and imaginative.

The mini meatloaves are also a great idea, and they sound delicious with that saucy ketchup glaze. Individual portions are always a winner with kids (and adults too!).

It's a brilliant way to make mealtime fun and enjoyable while also getting some healthy veggies into the meal. And a big plus for easy prep and freezeability! A win all around.

Those are some fun and tasty-sounding meals! I love the idea of shaping the rice into a rainbow; very clever and imaginative.

The mini meatloaves are also a great idea, and they sound delicious with that saucy ketchup glaze. Individual portions are always a winner with kids (and adults too!).

It's a brilliant way to make mealtime fun and enjoyable while also getting some healthy veggies into the meal. And a big plus for easy prep and freezeability! A win all around.
Ya, getting the little ones to enjoy their veggies is definitely a challenge, so anytime we can sneak some in without them knowing, it's a win! The mini meatloaves are definitely a crowd pleaser, and they're so quick to throw together too.

What other fun recipes do you guys have up your sleeves? Looking forward to hearing more kid-friendly meal inspirations!

Ya, meatloaf is definitely a family-friendly meal that's versatile and a lifesaver with fussy eaters. The rainbow rice is also fun to prepare and plate up, adding a bit of creativity to mealtimes.

There are some great ideas being shared here!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Ya, meatloaf is definitely a family-friendly meal that's versatile and a lifesaver with fussy eaters. The rainbow rice is also fun to prepare and plate up, adding a bit of creativity to mealtimes.

There are some great ideas being shared here!
it's amazing how creative we can get when feeding our little ones. Do you also incorporate your gardening findings into your dishes? I know it's something I love to do and adds a special touch when cooking for the family.

Most definitely! There's something special about incorporating homemade, fresh ingredients into family meals. It's like bringing the outdoors in and letting nature take center stage on the dinner table. Garden-fresh herbs, leafy greens, and vibrant veggies add a whole new depth of flavor to the dishes we prepare, don't they?

What are some of your favorite produce to pluck straight from your garden and toss into your recipes? For me, it's got to be basil - its aromatic fragrance elevated any pasta dish or salad!

Basil definitely adds a wonderful aroma and flavor to dishes, it's an excellent choice! I also love using fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary - their earthy tones give such a wonderful depth to roasted veggies and meats.

Tomatoes are another favorite; plucking them straight from the vine gives a wonderful taste of summer. They're so versatile too, being the star in salads, sauces, and even as a snack on their own! It's also rewarding to use homegrown peppers, whether they're spicy chili varieties or bell peppers. Their bright colors and crisp crunch make them a fun addition to any meal, and it's satisfying to see that burst of flavor in every bite.

It's these fresh, natural flavors that make family meals so enjoyable and memorable. There's a real sense of satisfaction in bringing the goodness of nature into our dishes!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Fresh herbs really elevate dishes don't they? It's amazing how adding basil, thyme or rosemary can completely transform a dish and give it so much character.

I also love using fresh tomatoes, especially in the summer, they're so juicy and delicious and pack so much flavour. Homegrown tomatoes straight from the vine are the best!

And I agree about the peppers - the crispness and burst of flavour they add is so satisfying. It's the little things like this that make family meals extra special. Nature certainly provides the best ingredients for memorable feasts!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu