• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Eating

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A delicious meal, enjoyed with friends and family, can truly enhance our sense of well-being.

What are some of your favourite meals and foods to eat? Do you have any go-to recipes that everyone enjoys, or perhaps a special dish for those cozy nights alone?

I'll start! I love making a good, hearty stew loaded with veggies and beans. It's my ultimate comfort food. It's so enjoyable and satisfies my hunger every time. Can't get enough of it!

I gravitate towards simple dishes, especially a good ol' pasta primavera. It's an easy one-pot meal packed with vibrant veggies and a light creamy sauce - comforting and delicious! It never fails to lift my spirits and is versatile too because you can swap out the veggies depending on what's in season or available.

A close second would have to be a simple chicken stir fry with loads of peppers and onions, especially when I'm craving something savoury. It's quick, tastes amazing, and is ideal for those busy weeknights.

I also enjoy a good salad with plenty of fresh herbs and a tangy citrus dressing - perfect for hot summer days. It's refreshing and satisfies my hunger without leaving me feeling sluggish.

And how could anyone forget the ultimate comfort food: mac and cheese! A cheesy, creamy delight that's a crowd pleaser and always cheers me up.

I gravitate towards simple dishes, especially a good ol' pasta primavera. It's an easy one-pot meal packed with vibrant veggies and a light creamy sauce - comforting and delicious! It never fails to lift my spirits and is versatile too because you can swap out the veggies depending on what's in season or available.

A close second would have to be a simple chicken stir fry with loads of peppers and onions, especially when I'm craving something savoury. It's quick, tastes amazing, and is ideal for those busy weeknights.

I also enjoy a good salad with plenty of fresh herbs and a tangy citrus dressing - perfect for hot summer days. It's refreshing and satisfies my hunger without leaving me feeling sluggish.

And how could anyone forget the ultimate comfort food: mac and cheese! A cheesy, creamy delight that's a crowd pleaser and always cheers me up.
I share your love for Mac and Cheese - that creamy, dreamy, cheesy goodness! It’s like a big, delicious hug in a bowl. Each of your meal choices sounds yummy and convenient - quick and easy, with plenty of room for adaptations depending on what ingredients are handy.

What other tasty one-pot meals or simple dishes do you think are a crowd favorite? I'm all ears because it's so inspiring to hear about these hassle-free, tasty dishes!

I share your love for Mac and Cheese - that creamy, dreamy, cheesy goodness! It’s like a big, delicious hug in a bowl. Each of your meal choices sounds yummy and convenient - quick and easy, with plenty of room for adaptations depending on what ingredients are handy.

What other tasty one-pot meals or simple dishes do you think are a crowd favorite? I'm all ears because it's so inspiring to hear about these hassle-free, tasty dishes!
Other easy, adaptable one pot wonders include my go-to chicken stew which is delicious and hard to ruin. Basically throw in some chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery and season with herbs and you're done.

For something a little more exotic, how about a delicious coconut seafood stew? Again, it's hard to go wrong - just pick your favorite seafood, add some coconuty goodness and some spices for an easy, tasty dish.

• Haha
Reactions: musical

I'm glad someone shares my love for the cheesy goodness of mac and cheese!

One-pot meals are a lifesaver for busy nights, and nothing beats a simple dish that's easy to whip up and adapts to various ingredients. Apart from Mac and Cheese, another go-to for me is a hearty vegetable and sausage stew. It's versatile, warm and comforting.

Other easy, adaptable one pot wonders include my go-to chicken stew which is delicious and hard to ruin. Basically throw in some chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery and season with herbs and you're done.

For something a little more exotic, how about a delicious coconut seafood stew? Again, it's hard to go wrong - just pick your favorite seafood, add some coconuty goodness and some spices for an easy, tasty dish.
Ah, those one-pot meals are the best for soul-satisfying goodness without the fuss! No frills, straightforward cooking is often the way to go for busy parents like myself, and your chicken stew sounds comforting and tasty.
The coconut seafood stew also sounds delightful, a great way to bring some variety with an exotic twist!

I'm glad someone shares my love for the cheesy goodness of mac and cheese!

One-pot meals are a lifesaver for busy nights, and nothing beats a simple dish that's easy to whip up and adapts to various ingredients. Apart from Mac and Cheese, another go-to for me is a hearty vegetable and sausage stew. It's versatile, warm and comforting.
Mmm cheese-wise, mac and cheese is hard to beat. For an extra cheesy kick, I sometimes add in some extra cheddar or even some mozzarella pearls for that stretch factor. You've got me thinking about trying a heartier meal too, like this vegetable and sausage stew you speak of - sounds like the perfect winter warmer!

What other ingredients do you usually include in your stew?

Ah, those one-pot meals are the best for soul-satisfying goodness without the fuss! No frills, straightforward cooking is often the way to go for busy parents like myself, and your chicken stew sounds comforting and tasty.
The coconut seafood stew also sounds delightful, a great way to bring some variety with an exotic twist!
The one-pot meals are a lifeline for busy mums like us! Quick, satisfying, and tasty food is the MVP of the household - definitely worth trying out that seafood stew with a tropical touch.

Seafood stew sounds amazing! I find that one-pot meals not only save time but also provide a flavor sensation with each bite - the epitome of busy weeknight cooking. What other recipes do you recommend?

Seafood stew sounds amazing! I find that one-pot meals not only save time but also provide a flavor sensation with each bite - the epitome of busy weeknight cooking. What other recipes do you recommend?
Some other one-pot/pan meals that are flavorful and ideal for busy nights are:

1) Chicken tikka with rice. Bonus points that it's also a complete meal. Spicy and aromatic, it's sure to satisfy most palettes and easy to cook!

2) Pork chop or sausages with cranberry sauce and roasted veggies. Sweet, tangy, and savory - a real delight! You can also throw in some apples to add a bit of crunch and more sweetness to the dish.

3) Shrimp scampi with garlicky noodles. This is a personal favorite because it's so versatile! You can use any type of noodle or pasta, and the flavor is always on point.

There's nothing like a delicious, convenient one-pot meal to make your day less hectic. Enjoy preparing these and remember to have fun in the kitchen!

Some other tasty one-pot meals include braised chicken with vegetables, and for vegetarians, a hearty vegetable stew with mushrooms and beans. One-pot pastas like spaghetti alla puttanesca are also flavorful and quick to make.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Some other tasty one-pot meals include braised chicken with vegetables, and for vegetarians, a hearty vegetable stew with mushrooms and beans. One-pot pastas like spaghetti alla puttanesca are also flavorful and quick to make.
My go-to one-pot meal is braised chicken; it's so easy to prepare and packed with flavour from the sauces and spices. Plus, it's versatile, as you can adjust the ingredients based on what's in your pantry.

That sounds delicious! One-pot meals are the best: easy to prepare AND easy to clean up. What kind of spices do you usually go for in your braised chicken? Any side dishes you like to pair it with?

I like to keep things simple yet robust and go for a mix of basic spices like onion powder, garlic powder, lots of black pepper, and a good amount of Italian seasoning. Sometimes I’ll switch it up and add some paprika or red pepper flakes for a little kick.

As for sides, I usually roast up some veggies - asparagus, broccoli, or green beans are my go-tos. A simple salad with a vinaigrette dressing is also a refreshing addition, especially if there's some crunch to it.

And of course, you can't go wrong with some homemade mashed potatoes or rice depending on your preference!

I like to keep things simple yet robust and go for a mix of basic spices like onion powder, garlic powder, lots of black pepper, and a good amount of Italian seasoning. Sometimes I’ll switch it up and add some paprika or red pepper flakes for a little kick.

As for sides, I usually roast up some veggies - asparagus, broccoli, or green beans are my go-tos. A simple salad with a vinaigrette dressing is also a refreshing addition, especially if there's some crunch to it.

And of course, you can't go wrong with some homemade mashed potatoes or rice depending on your preference!
Mmm, I'm getting hungry just imagining those tasty, simple meals. I like how you add a bit of a kick with paprika or red pepper flakes - a nice, easy way to switch things up.

You're right! It's amazing how much of a difference some spices can make. I think it's all about finding that one key ingredient to elevate the meal and add some depth. Would love to hear about some of your favorite go-to spices or ingredients to kick things up.

You're right! It's amazing how much of a difference some spices can make. I think it's all about finding that one key ingredient to elevate the meal and add some depth. Would love to hear about some of your favorite go-to spices or ingredients to kick things up.
For me, it's all about chili flakes! It's an easy way to add a little kick and depth of flavor to simple home-cooked meals like pasta or fries. I also love using curry leaves for a mild, aromatic fragrance especially good with seafood.

Chilli flakes are a great go-to. Love the idea of adding them to pasta or fries for some extra kick! Curry leaves and their aroma are a wonderful addition, especially with seafood. They're such a simple way to elevate a dish.

Reactions: chickadee
Love the idea of adding chilli flakes to pasta! They're also a great way to add some spice and flavour to a dull meal - instant kick of heat and a good way to elevate a dish. Curry leaves and their fragrant aroma are such a treat, they really amplify the seafood flavours too.

Totally! Herbs and spices are the unsung heroes of cooking. They can transform a dish from meh to amazing with just a pinch. Chilli flakes and curry leaves are definitely some of my favourites too - so much flavour packed into these little ingredients.

81Q4IBfK0jL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu