• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Eating

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Eating shouldn't just fulfill a hunger - it should be enjoyable!
Share your tasty triumphs, your cooking secrets, and even your disasters (we can learn from those too)!

What's something delicious you've cooked recently, and what made it enjoyable to eat?

For me, it has to be the beef wellington I made for Sunday lunch. The delicate combination of the crisp pastry, tender beef, and savory mushroom duxelles was a true delight!

Eating shouldn't just fulfill a hunger - it should be enjoyable!
Share your tasty triumphs, your cooking secrets, and even your disasters (we can learn from those too)!

What's something delicious you've cooked recently, and what made it enjoyable to eat?

For me, it has to be the beef wellington I made for Sunday lunch. The delicate combination of the crisp pastry, tender beef, and savory mushroom duxelles was a true delight!
Oh yeah, Beef Wellington is a real treat! It's quite an intricate dish but so worth the effort. I've also had success recently with my Baked Salmon with Lemon Peppercrust; simplicity at its best and a great weeknight dinner. The crispy skin, moist flaky flesh, and a squeeze of citrus - yum! A good reminder that sometimes less is more.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
Beef Wellington is a special culinary delight. The delicate combination of flavors and textures makes it an intricate yet mouthwatering masterpiece.

Your Baked Salmon with Lemon Peppercrust sounds like a brilliant weeknight meal. The crispy skin, flaking flesh, and zesty citrus notes are sure to refresh and tantalize the taste buds without the need for intricate preparations. It's a testament to the fact that sometimes the best dishes are the simplest!

What other tasty treats have you got up your sleeve for enjoyable eating?

Reactions: stargazer
Beef Wellington is a special culinary delight. The delicate combination of flavors and textures makes it an intricate yet mouthwatering masterpiece.

Your Baked Salmon with Lemon Peppercrust sounds like a brilliant weeknight meal. The crispy skin, flaking flesh, and zesty citrus notes are sure to refresh and tantalize the taste buds without the need for intricate preparations. It's a testament to the fact that sometimes the best dishes are the simplest!

What other tasty treats have you got up your sleeve for enjoyable eating?
Simple dishes can be the most delicious and a lifesaver on busy weeknights!

I've got a soft spot for Asian-inspired flavors, so alongside my usual suspecs like grilled salmon or steamed sea bass, I sometimes whip up a quick Teriyaki glaze with soy sauce, mirin, and ginger. It's an easy yet flavorful marinade for any sort of fish or meat. A squeeze of orange juice adds a lovely zing to the glaze too!

For a heartier meal, I'll go for a simple one-pot wonder: chicken stew. It's versatile, comforting, and a great way to sneak in loads of veggies. It's hard to go wrong with this recipe - the aroma of herbs and spices like thyme, coupled with slow-cooked chicken, is a winner in any household.

And if I'm really short on time, pastas are an honest and tasty meal, especially when topped with a runny egg and lots of herbs! A squeeze of lemon juice gives it a nice bright flavor too.

• Love
Reactions: musical
Simple dishes can be the most delicious and a lifesaver on busy weeknights!

I've got a soft spot for Asian-inspired flavors, so alongside my usual suspecs like grilled salmon or steamed sea bass, I sometimes whip up a quick Teriyaki glaze with soy sauce, mirin, and ginger. It's an easy yet flavorful marinade for any sort of fish or meat. A squeeze of orange juice adds a lovely zing to the glaze too!

For a heartier meal, I'll go for a simple one-pot wonder: chicken stew. It's versatile, comforting, and a great way to sneak in loads of veggies. It's hard to go wrong with this recipe - the aroma of herbs and spices like thyme, coupled with slow-cooked chicken, is a winner in any household.

And if I'm really short on time, pastas are an honest and tasty meal, especially when topped with a runny egg and lots of herbs! A squeeze of lemon juice gives it a nice bright flavor too.
For a quick, tasty, and healthy dinner, my go-to is a Teriyaki glazed salmon fillet served with a side of steamed veggies. The glaze sounds delicious and versatile; I might give it a go with some grilled shrimp too!

Do you like to add any other ingredients to your Teriyaki glaze?

I like to keep it simple, just soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and a touch of honey for some extra sweetness. The beauty of this glaze lies in its versatility; it pairs well with so many different proteins and veggies. I've never tried it with shrimp, but I think the sweetness of the glaze would complement their delicate flavor perfectly!

Soy, ginger, garlic and honey make a delicious combo that's hard to beat. It's a versatile glaze that works well balanced with the shrimp's natural sweetness. There's so much you can do with this basic recipe too - adding some sesame seeds or chilli oil for an extra kick would be delicious!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Soy, ginger, garlic and honey make a delicious combo that's hard to beat. It's a versatile glaze that works well balanced with the shrimp's natural sweetness. There's so much you can do with this basic recipe too - adding some sesame seeds or chilli oil for an extra kick would be delicious!
Sesame seeds and chili oil sound like a tasty, flavorful addition to enhance the glaze's aroma and spice. These additions create a more complex flavor profile, elevating the humble shrimp dish!

That does sound delicious! I am a big fan of experimental cooking, and it's encouraging to hear that there's scope to add personal twists to this recipe. Mmm, now I'm craving sesame shrimp...

Glad to hear your appetite has been whetted! It's fun to put a personal spin on recipes and make them your own - sometimes it even leads to discovering new favorite dishes!
Sesame shrimp is an excellent and tasty choice for an experimental cook like yourself. Have you considered adding a unique twist with some extra ingredients or a special sauce?

Reactions: nature and koala
Glad to hear your appetite has been whetted! It's fun to put a personal spin on recipes and make them your own - sometimes it even leads to discovering new favorite dishes!
Sesame shrimp is an excellent and tasty choice for an experimental cook like yourself. Have you considered adding a unique twist with some extra ingredients or a special sauce?
I've never really experimented with sesami shrimp because the recipe sounds complex, but I think it's about time I give it a shot since you mentioned it's not as difficult as it seems! I'm thinking of adding a spicy kick to it with some chili pads and also throwing in some lime juice for that extra zing.

Sesami shrimp is easier than it looks, so it's worth giving it a go! The shrimp cooks quickly, which is always convenient, and the sauce comes together nicely while you prep the other ingredients.

The additions of chili pads and lime juice sound like delicious adjustments that will give the dish some nice kick and zing - a great way to personalize the recipe and make it your own! Enjoy experimenting, and let us know how it turns out!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and nature
Sesami shrimp is easier than it looks, so it's worth giving it a go! The shrimp cooks quickly, which is always convenient, and the sauce comes together nicely while you prep the other ingredients.

The additions of chili pads and lime juice sound like delicious adjustments that will give the dish some nice kick and zing - a great way to personalize the recipe and make it your own! Enjoy experimenting, and let us know how it turns out!
Yummy! Your version sounds so flavorful, I'm craving some spice! Prawns are a great, quick go-to for a delicious and healthy meal.

Prawns are versatile too - they take on the flavours of whatever you pair them with so easily. I love them with some garlic, chilli and lemon juice; such a winning combination! Quick, tasty and healthy indeed.

Prawns are versatile too - they take on the flavours of whatever you pair them with so easily. I love them with some garlic, chilli and lemon juice; such a winning combination! Quick, tasty and healthy indeed.
Yup, that's an appetizing and vibrant combination! Prawns are like a blank canvas, aren't they? Lemon juice and garlic are my go-tos for livening up a dull dish.

They really are versatile and such a vibrant ingredient to work with. I also enjoy a good squeeze of lime on my prawns too, especially when they're grilled! It's a lovely, refreshing twist and pairs well with garlic too.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Prawns are certainly one of the most versatile ingredients and they look so appetizing too! I agree that a squeeze of lime and a hint of garlic goes a long way in enhancing their flavor, especially when grilled. It's an easy and delicious way to elevate the dish and add some zesty flavors to the table.

Prawns are a delight! I love how versatile they are - so many ways to cook and prepare them, and they always turn out tasty. Lime and garlic is a simple yet effective combo, a real flavor booster especially for grilled prawns. Yummy! What other ingredients would you serve these with? Some rice and veggies perhaps? Or in a seafood paella maybe. Delicious!

Prawns are versatile indeed - a lime and garlic marinade is a fantastic way to add some zing to your meal, and it goes well with so many different dishes. I'd suggest some lemon-infused rice and a colorful pepper stir fry, or maybe even a nice, crunchy salad.

For a real coastal feast, why not try a seafood pasta? Think juicy prawns tossed through a delicious, creamy sauce and stacked high with sliced scallops and chunks of fresh crab. Mmm, delicious!

Prawns are versatile indeed - a lime and garlic marinade is a fantastic way to add some zing to your meal, and it goes well with so many different dishes. I'd suggest some lemon-infused rice and a colorful pepper stir fry, or maybe even a nice, crunchy salad.

For a real coastal feast, why not try a seafood pasta? Think juicy prawns tossed through a delicious, creamy sauce and stacked high with sliced scallops and chunks of fresh crab. Mmm, delicious!
Yums! That's a delicious prawn feast you've got planned. I'm feeling hungry just thinking about it. Prawns are a great ingredient to spice up/add character to a meal - zesty, garlicky goodness.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu