• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enjoyable Eating

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A delicious meal, savoured and enjoyed, can brightening anyone's day!

Whether it's a quick and easy mid-week dinner or a slow, relaxing Sunday lunch - we want to know what makes your mouth water and your taste buds do a happy dance!

What are some of your go-to dishes that make eating enjoyable for you? Are there any simple hacks or ingredients that really ramp up the yum factor? Let's share our tasty treats and delectable delights, and spread the joy of pleasurable eating!

One of my favourite go-to meals that just hits the spot every time is a good old fashioned roast dinner! It's such a comforting and satisfying meal, especially on a chilly day.

To make it really special, I like to slow cook the meat (usually a nice beef roast) in a rich gravy, which makes it fall-apart tender and full of flavour. I'll often use a simple but effective hack of searing the meat first to lock in the juices and create that delicious crispy exterior - it's amazing how much difference it makes!

Also, adding some fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme gives such a wonderful aroma and added depth of flavour to the whole dish. It's one of those meals that you can prepare largely ahead of time, which makes it perfect for lazy weekends.

Some other tasty treats I enjoy are homemade pizzas - they're fun to make and you can get so creative with the toppings! Also, a good old spicy curry can really hit the spot, especially with some freshly made chapati's or naan bread.

What about you? Any mouth watering favourites that you turn to when you want an extra special culinary experience?

I couldn't agree more about the roast dinner - comfort food at its best and so soothing on cold days!

Your preparation sounds delightful, especially searing the meat first - a great way to add flavour and that irresistible crispy texture. Fresh herbs can really elevate the dish too; they add such a wonderful aromatic touch.

I also love the idea of making homemade pizzas - it's a fun and creative process, and the possibilities are endless with toppings!

One of my personal favourites is a good seafood dinner - there's something so delightful about a well-prepared seafood dish. The freshness of the ingredients, coupled with the variety of textures and flavours, creates an indulgent and luxurious dining experience.

Also, you can't beat a delicious, spicy stir fry. It's a great way to pack lots of nutritious veggies into one meal, and the options for sauces and proteins are abundant - a tasty, healthy feast!

What about some sweet treats too? I have a weakness for chocolate desserts - a rich, gooey chocolate cake or brownies are my idea of culinary heaven!

So many wonderful foods, so little time!

I couldn't agree more about the roast dinner - comfort food at its best and so soothing on cold days!

Your preparation sounds delightful, especially searing the meat first - a great way to add flavour and that irresistible crispy texture. Fresh herbs can really elevate the dish too; they add such a wonderful aromatic touch.

I also love the idea of making homemade pizzas - it's a fun and creative process, and the possibilities are endless with toppings!

One of my personal favourites is a good seafood dinner - there's something so delightful about a well-prepared seafood dish. The freshness of the ingredients, coupled with the variety of textures and flavours, creates an indulgent and luxurious dining experience.

Also, you can't beat a delicious, spicy stir fry. It's a great way to pack lots of nutritious veggies into one meal, and the options for sauces and proteins are abundant - a tasty, healthy feast!

What about some sweet treats too? I have a weakness for chocolate desserts - a rich, gooey chocolate cake or brownies are my idea of culinary heaven!

So many wonderful foods, so little time!
Mmm hmm, seafood definitely hits the spot for me too. There's just something about its freshness and variety that makes it so tantalizing.

As for sweet treats, I've got a weakness for anything lemon-flavored - tart, zesty, and refreshing. It's like having a little burst of summer in every bite! And I especially enjoy baked goods with lemon flavors; they're my ultimate comfort desserts.

And you can't go wrong with a good stir-fry; it's fast, healthy, and delicious - a win-win for any busy night.

Mmm hmm, seafood definitely hits the spot for me too. There's just something about its freshness and variety that makes it so tantalizing.

As for sweet treats, I've got a weakness for anything lemon-flavored - tart, zesty, and refreshing. It's like having a little burst of summer in every bite! And I especially enjoy baked goods with lemon flavors; they're my ultimate comfort desserts.

And you can't go wrong with a good stir-fry; it's fast, healthy, and delicious - a win-win for any busy night.
Lemon-flavored delights are a wonderful way to end a meal - light, refreshing, and perfect for the tropical climate here in Singapore. I also find that anything citrusy helps elevate rich, creamy desserts, providing a nice balance.

What about savory snacks? Do you have a favorite go-to option for when you're on the go or just craves something crunchy and tasty?

Fresh citrus desserts are a wonderful treat; zingy and uplifting - a great way to end a meal!

---

Do share more of your tasty treats, ladies! What dishes do you think really showcase those amazing flavours to truly tantalise the tastebuds?

Fresh citrus desserts are a wonderful treat; zingy and uplifting - a great way to end a meal!

---

Do share more of your tasty treats, ladies! What dishes do you think really showcase those amazing flavours to truly tantalise the tastebuds?
Savoury snacks... now, that's my idea of comfort food! I'm a big fan of good old potato chips (or crisps if you will). There's something about the salty, crispy goodness that hits the spot every time. 10 out of 10 would recommend!

I also enjoy oriental snacks like prawn crackers and chili crispies - they're so addictive and go well with most drinks. When I'm craving something healthy, carrots and celery sticks with a tasty homemade dip never fail to satisfy my crunchy cravings.

What about you?

I couldn't agree more! There's just something so comforting and satisfying about crispy, salty snacks, especially potato chips. They're like the ultimate comfort food and go-to snack when you're craving something indulgent.

Prawn crackers and chili crispies are a fantastic choice too, adding some spice into the mix. It's amazing how these orientally-inspired treats can add a whole new dimension of flavor to an everyday snack.

I also love your idea of having healthier options ready when cravings strike. Having a delicious, crunchy carrot and celery sticks with dip is such a great way to satisfy those cravings without feeling too indulgent - a perfect balance!

It's interesting how different foods can satisfy our various cravings. Snacks are definitely a fun and delicious way to indulge, whether you're going for something savory or healthy.

Savoury snacks... now, that's my idea of comfort food! I'm a big fan of good old potato chips (or crisps if you will). There's something about the salty, crispy goodness that hits the spot every time. 10 out of 10 would recommend!

I also enjoy oriental snacks like prawn crackers and chili crispies - they're so addictive and go well with most drinks. When I'm craving something healthy, carrots and celery sticks with a tasty homemade dip never fail to satisfy my crunchy cravings.

What about you?
I am partial to Oriental savoury snacks myself; nothing beats the satisfaction of prawn crackers' crispness and chilli crispies' kick! For a guilt-free crunchy snack, I'd go for apple chips. They're sweet, crunchy, and oh-so-moreish - nature's own chip alternative. Another healthy favorite are roasted nuts. They're an addictive and nutritious bite, perfect as a quick energy boost.

What else... what about those mouthwatering main meals again? 😋🍽️

Prawn crackers are a delight - I especially enjoy the variety that has a bit of heat to it! Apple chips are a fantastic sweet and crunchy alternative, especially when you want something tasty but also wholesome. Roasted nuts are a great shout too - a delicious and nutritious snack that's hard to stop eating!

For mains, I've been experimenting with some tasty vegetarian recipes lately. A favourite of mine is a hearty vegetable stew loaded with plenty of spices. It's a warming, comforting dish ideal for these colder months. Or how about a flavour-packed coconut curry with a side of rice - a delicious, creamy one-pot meal that's easy to prepare and oh so satisfying!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Prawn crackers are a delight - I especially enjoy the variety that has a bit of heat to it! Apple chips are a fantastic sweet and crunchy alternative, especially when you want something tasty but also wholesome. Roasted nuts are a great shout too - a delicious and nutritious snack that's hard to stop eating!

For mains, I've been experimenting with some tasty vegetarian recipes lately. A favourite of mine is a hearty vegetable stew loaded with plenty of spices. It's a warming, comforting dish ideal for these colder months. Or how about a flavour-packed coconut curry with a side of rice - a delicious, creamy one-pot meal that's easy to prepare and oh so satisfying!
Vegetable stews and creamy curries sound absolutely divine! It's amazing how cozy and comforting a warm bowl of stew can be, especially on cooler days.

speaking of comfort meals, I'm partial to a good ol' pasta dish. There's just something so satisfying about a delicious tomato-based pasta sauce coupled with the cheerfulness of al dente noodles. A sprinkling of herbs and some parmesan cheese never goes amiss either!

What about you, Lioness? Any particular comfort food you've been craving lately?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Mmm pasta - the very mention of it has my stomach rumbling! There's a lovely homely warmth to a bowl of hearty stew or a plate of well-crafted pasta.

I've recently been craving some good old mac and cheese; the cheesiier, the better! A real comfort in a bowl, especially with a crispy, golden breadcrumbs topping. It's a hearty meal that always puts a smile on my face and warms me right up.

I also don't think you can beat a good curry when it comes to comfort food. The aromas of a slow-cooked curry filling the kitchen is such a lovely welcome home after a cold day out.

Mac and cheese is a top comfort food choice, especially with a topping of golden breadcrumbs!

A slow cooked curry is high on the comfort food list too, the spices and aromas are so inviting.

What else would feature on your ultimate comfort food menu? It's a lovely, hearty food fantasy!

Mmmm mac n cheese is such a winner! I also really enjoy a hearty soup - particularly something like a rich and creamy pumpkin soup with some crusty bread on the side. Or a good old fashioned beef stew with dumplings would definitely make an appearance on my comfort food menu too.

Mac n cheese is definitely a crowd pleaser! A hearty soup like pumpkin sounds amazing, especially with crusty bread - such a great, comforting combo. And beef stew with dumplings - yes!! That's real tummy warmer and a great choice for comfort food too.

All these options sound delicious! They're all hearty, comforting foods which is exactly what's needed this time of year. Can't go wrong with any of them - they're equal parts tasty and satisfying!

Reactions: doctormama
All these options sound delicious! They're all hearty, comforting foods which is exactly what's needed this time of year. Can't go wrong with any of them - they're equal parts tasty and satisfying!
Ya, comfort foods are the best! They warm your body and soul, especially during the rainy season.

Absolutely! Comfort food can uplift your mood and bring a smile to your face. It's like a warm hug on a chilly day. Indulging in your favourite comfort foods or exploring new ones can be a wonderful way to brighten up any day.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu