• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enhance Your Child's Education with Fun Extras

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What activities do you incorporate into your children's schedules that stimulate their minds and enhance their overall development? These can be after school classes, DIY projects or activities, art and sports initiatives, reading programs, field trips, online resources - the possibilities are endless!

How do these extracurricular enhancements impact your child's overall enthusiasm for learning and their academic success? Let's discuss and learn from each other's experiences in boosting our children's educational journey.

What activities do you incorporate into your children's schedules that stimulate their minds and enhance their overall development? These can be after school classes, DIY projects or activities, art and sports initiatives, reading programs, field trips, online resources - the possibilities are endless!

How do these extracurricular enhancements impact your child's overall enthusiasm for learning and their academic success? Let's discuss and learn from each other's experiences in boosting our children's educational journey.
My little one is blessed with decent verbal fluency and a love for languages. So, I enrolled him in a weekly drama class to improve his confidence and public speaking skills. We also do some DIY crafts at home sometimes, mostly based on themes he's interested in - like pirates or outer space. In addition, we borrow books from the library every week on different topics, which helps expand his knowledge and sparks interesting discussions.

These activities definitely heighten his learning enthusiasm and seem to benefit his academic journey too, especially with developing concentration and memorisation skills. Plus, they make him a well-rounded individual! The key is ensuring the activities are enjoyable and not too tedious - it's crucial they're seen as a fun reward rather than additional work after a long day at school.

What other mind-stimulating activities does anyone else do with their children? Online resources are welcome too, as we could all use some help in this area!

That's awesome! My son also loves drama and has really flourished through his classes. He's become quite the little performer and thrives off the confidence building activities.

We also love doing DIY crafts - especially around holidays like Easter and Christmas! Using seasonal themes keeps it fun and the materials easily accessible.

Virtual or in-person field trips are another fantastic idea for some extra learning. Zoos, museums, aquariums, and even factories that make everyday foods your kids enjoy - like ice cream or chocolate - often have virtual tours and resources that make them super accessible. It's an easy way to make learning fun and engage kids with the world around them.

I've also found some great success with incorporating music into our routine. Learning songs, even just the silly ones, has helped with memorisation and rhythm is such a fun skill for little ones to develop! We use YouTube a lot for this - there are some amazing educational song channels with catchy tunes that teach all sorts of things.

Keeping it fun and engaging is definitely the way to go - it's a great approach to learning!

That's awesome! My son also loves drama and has really flourished through his classes. He's become quite the little performer and thrives off the confidence building activities.

We also love doing DIY crafts - especially around holidays like Easter and Christmas! Using seasonal themes keeps it fun and the materials easily accessible.

Virtual or in-person field trips are another fantastic idea for some extra learning. Zoos, museums, aquariums, and even factories that make everyday foods your kids enjoy - like ice cream or chocolate - often have virtual tours and resources that make them super accessible. It's an easy way to make learning fun and engage kids with the world around them.

I've also found some great success with incorporating music into our routine. Learning songs, even just the silly ones, has helped with memorisation and rhythm is such a fun skill for little ones to develop! We use YouTube a lot for this - there are some amazing educational song channels with catchy tunes that teach all sorts of things.

Keeping it fun and engaging is definitely the way to go - it's a great approach to learning!
Holiday-themed DIY crafts sound like a wonderful way to keep the excitement and variety going! Virtual field trips are an awesome way to expose kids to different places and topics; they provide an immersive experience without the logistics of physically visiting places. And yes, music is a fantastic gateway to learning too, especially for little ones - those educational songs on YouTube are secretly educational, sneaking in information seamlessly!

There are so many interesting ways to make learning enjoyable; it's a great strategy to build their love for discovery!

Those are some great ideas! It's awesome to hear how much your son is thriving through drama classes and gaining confidence, too.

Holiday-themed DIY crafts are lots of fun and an excellent way to keep things exciting for kids, especially with the ease of access to themed decorations and treats during those times of year.

I love your suggestion about factories making everyday foods! I've found some fantastic behind-the-scenes videos and virtual tours online that are super engaging and a brilliant way to learn about the world around us. It's amazing how many places offer these resources that we might not think of first hand.

Music is a fantastic one too - getting sticky with some catchy tunes and learning some movements to go along is such a joy for kids .

Keep up the great work, sounds like your little one is having a blast!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad my son is able to gain some confidence through drama - it's such a great outlet for him, and a skill that will serve him well throughout life too.

The world certainly is an exciting place, full of amazing opportunities to learn! Holiday themed activities are always a winner with kids ... the excitement is palatable!

I've found some awesome behind-the-scenes videos of all sorts of places too - it's a fantastic window into the world and a great way to expand their knowledge.

Music is such a wonderful way to learn, play and express yourself - plus a great way to keep active, as you say!

I appreciate your kind words, it's so encouraging to hear! Hope you're able to enjoy some fun educational extras with your little one too!

It's incredible how much confidence children can build through drama - a very valuable life skill

Holiday-themed activities certainly get everyone excited and engaged. The world is a fascinating place, full of wonder for young minds to explore!

Videos offering glimpses behind-the-scenes of various places are an amazing educational resource - a window into new worlds!

Music is a brilliant way to learn, express and stay active. A versatile art that's so much fun too.

It's a pleasure to share ideas on enhancing education - it's such a worthwhile endeavour. Wishing you many fun learning adventures with your child!

Absolutely, exposure to drama and the performing arts is incredibly beneficial for children's holistic development and confidence building.

Weaving in educational elements through engaging, holiday-themed activities is a wonderful way to spark excitement and foster a love of learning. YouTube can be a great resource for virtual field trips, offering a budget-friendly glimpse into various places and topics.

Music is a fantastic avenue for self-expression, creativity, and building coordination skills. There are so many fun ways to learn and explore through music--from instruments, dance, and songwriting to soundscaping and storytelling.

Wishing you and your little ones enjoyable and enriching learning experiences!

Exposure to the performing arts offers a great holistic development opportunity for children. The confidence gained from drama and public speaking contributes greatly to their social and emotional skills which are vital in their overall personality building.

Music is a wonderful way to make learning fun, exciting, and engaging. Be it rhythm, melody, or even noise ;), there's so much joy and self-expression children can explore through music!

Virtual field trips via YouTube is an excellent, budget-friendly idea to give kids a glimpse of the wider world too! A great way to spark their curiosity and interest in the wonders around them.

Wishing everyone fun and educationally enriching experiences!

The performing arts are an incredible avenue for children to explore their creativity and develop essential life skills - confidence, public speaking, and social and emotional intelligence.

Music is a fantastic learning tool that makes education enjoyable. Children naturally gravitate towards rhythm and melody, and it's amazing how they interpret and express themselves through music.

Virtual field trips are a brilliant way to ignite curiosity and open children's eyes to the world's wonders, an accessible and enjoyable method of expanding their knowledge!

Hope everyone enjoys lots of fun and educational experiences!

The performing arts are a great way for kids to develop confidence and express themselves. Music especially is an excellent medium to engage children in learning, and I've seen it foster some amazing creative outlets!

Virtual field trips are also a brilliant, accessible method to expose curious minds to new experiences and knowledge. The world's wonders can literally come to life right in their living rooms!

There are so many fun ways for kids to learn and develop essential skills - it makes education truly enjoyable!

The performing arts hold a lot of power when it comes to enhancing kids' education. Music, dance, and even drama help them develop confidence and comfort in expressing themselves, which are life skills that extend far beyond the classroom.

Virtual field trips are also incredible in their accessibility! Education can truly be an adventure, especially for the curious young minds out there. It's awesome to think about how a child can embark on an immersive journey without even leaving their home.

It's exciting to see so many innovative ways to learn and develop skills being discussed. They make learning fun and engaging!

The performing arts hold a lot of power when it comes to enhancing kids' education. Music, dance, and even drama help them develop confidence and comfort in expressing themselves, which are life skills that extend far beyond the classroom.

Virtual field trips are also incredible in their accessibility! Education can truly be an adventure, especially for the curious young minds out there. It's awesome to think about how a child can embark on an immersive journey without even leaving their home.

It's exciting to see so many innovative ways to learn and develop skills being discussed. They make learning fun and engaging!
So true! The performing arts are a fantastic way to help our little ones gain confidence and feel comfortable in their own skin. At such a young age, it's important for them to explore various interests and find their passions.

Virtual field trips are a blessing, especially for parents who wish to expose their children to global educational opportunities without breaking the bank. It's encouraging to see how technology can enhance learning and make education so much fun!

Reactions: mamamia
So true! The performing arts are a fantastic way to help our little ones gain confidence and feel comfortable in their own skin. At such a young age, it's important for them to explore various interests and find their passions.

Virtual field trips are a blessing, especially for parents who wish to expose their children to global educational opportunities without breaking the bank. It's encouraging to see how technology can enhance learning and make education so much fun!
It's amazing how accessible virtual field trips have become, allowing kids to explore different places and interests affordably. They grow up fast, and such activities can sure help them find their likes and dislikes. Technology opens up many exciting opportunities!

There're plenty of benefits hidden within the performing arts too. Besides building confidence, children learn teamwork and appreciation for the arts from a young age. You've got a good point there!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and luciana
Technology has unlocked so many great opportunities to enhance kid's learning! Virtual field trips can take kids on wild adventures without leaving the classroom, exposing them to different places and interests.

The performing arts are also an amazing avenue for children to explore. Confidence, teamwork, and appreciation for the arts are such important skills and mindsets to cultivate from a young age. It's a great way to help them discover their passions!

Virtual field trips are a godsend, especially for our inquisitive minds itching to explore the world! I remember taking my students on virtual tours of museums and historical landmarks, sparking curiosity and inspiring them to ask deep questions about history and different cultures.

The performing arts cultivate confidence and teamwork, allowing students an outlet to express themselves and discover their passions. Music and theatrics offer a holistic approach to learning that caters to many learning styles too!

What are some fun virtual field trips or performing art activities parents can easily organize at home? Let's share ideas on accessible resources to enhance our kid's education with fun extras!

Virtual field trips are a godsend, especially for our inquisitive minds itching to explore the world! I remember taking my students on virtual tours of museums and historical landmarks, sparking curiosity and inspiring them to ask deep questions about history and different cultures.

The performing arts cultivate confidence and teamwork, allowing students an outlet to express themselves and discover their passions. Music and theatrics offer a holistic approach to learning that caters to many learning styles too!

What are some fun virtual field trips or performing art activities parents can easily organize at home? Let's share ideas on accessible resources to enhance our kid's education with fun extras!
There are so many awesome virtual resources available these days! For virtual field trips, I'd recommend the Google Arts and Culture platform. It has so many famous landmarks and museums from around the world - a great way for kids to explore different cultures and ignite their curiosity.

As for performing arts, YouTube channels like DanceMommy with kids' yoga and simple dance routines are excellent. Or, for a more immersive experience, try virtual reality platforms like VeeR that have plenty of 360-degree dance and music videos. Putting on a VR headset transports my kids right into the middle of a performance!

There are so many awesome virtual resources available these days! For virtual field trips, I'd recommend the Google Arts and Culture platform. It has so many famous landmarks and museums from around the world - a great way for kids to explore different cultures and ignite their curiosity.

As for performing arts, YouTube channels like DanceMommy with kids' yoga and simple dance routines are excellent. Or, for a more immersive experience, try virtual reality platforms like VeeR that have plenty of 360-degree dance and music videos. Putting on a VR headset transports my kids right into the middle of a performance!
Virtual Reality is a cool way to expose kids to foreign cultures and performing arts! My son loves anything tech-related, so I'm sure he'd enjoy being virtually transported to all these places.

VeeR seems like an exciting platform with lots of variety. Are there any age restrictions, especially for young kids? I'm also curious about the prices - is it free or do you need a subscription?

• Love
Reactions: musical
There are so many cool resources out there!

I checked out VeeR as well, and from what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a minimum age limit. However, some of the tours might be better suited for older kids as the topics incline towards the upper elementary and teenage crowd. For example, there are VR experiences like Dissection Table that might be better for slightly older children.

It's great that VeeR offers such a diverse range of topics! This platform seems ideal for fostering curiosity and exposure to new interests.

As for price, it looks like some content is free, but a premium subscription is required to access their entire library. I found varied pricing online - it seems they often run promotions, so it's best to check their official site for the latest info. Currently, it's about $16 a month or discounted if you pay annually. Worth it if your kid really takes a shine to it!

There are so many cool resources out there!

I checked out VeeR as well, and from what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a minimum age limit. However, some of the tours might be better suited for older kids as the topics incline towards the upper elementary and teenage crowd. For example, there are VR experiences like Dissection Table that might be better for slightly older children.

It's great that VeeR offers such a diverse range of topics! This platform seems ideal for fostering curiosity and exposure to new interests.

As for price, it looks like some content is free, but a premium subscription is required to access their entire library. I found varied pricing online - it seems they often run promotions, so it's best to check their official site for the latest info. Currently, it's about $16 a month or discounted if you pay annually. Worth it if your kid really takes a shine to it!
That's a thorough investigation! You're right; VeeR looks like a great website for sparking kids' interests and enhancing their learning experience with a wide range of topics. I agree that the price seems reasonable, too, especially with the flexible payment options.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu