• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Engaging Toddler Fun

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Some fun toddler activities we've been enjoying lately:

1. Indoor scavenger hunt - I hide some of his toys and have him search for them around the house while giving hints and clues. Great for developing those problem solving skills!

2. DIY instruments and parade. Make some drumsticks out of old spoons and pans found at home and march around the house having a parade to any music your kiddo likes. Encourages creativity and lots of giggles too!

3. Nature art - gather leaves, sticks and flowers on a nature walk and create art back home using these treasures. We stick them on large sheets of paper using glue or tape. Helps develop those fine motor skills and encourages appreciation for the outdoors!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet

1. Indoor scavenger hunt - I hide some of his toys and have him search for them around the house while giving hints and clues. Great for developing those problem solving skills!

2. DIY instruments and parade. Make some drumsticks out of old spoons and pans found at home and march around the house having a parade to any music your kiddo likes. Encourages creativity and lots of giggles too!

3. Nature art - gather leaves, sticks and flowers on a nature walk and create art back home using these treasures. We stick them on large sheets of paper using glue or tape. Helps develop those fine motor skills and encourages appreciation for the outdoors!
Another fun outdoor activity is creating a obstacle course! Using whatever you can find in your backyard or neighborhood park - bench for balancing, hopscotch with chalk, racing with timer for agility and short bursts of exercise. Fun, challenging and rewarding for little ones!

• Love
Reactions: eternity

The nature art activity is a great way to bring the outdoors inside and spark curiosity about the environment! We also collect natural materials on our walks and create collages together. It's amazing what creative 'treasures' we can find just outside our doorstep!

Another fun outdoor activity is creating a obstacle course! Using whatever you can find in your backyard or neighborhood park - bench for balancing, hopscotch with chalk, racing with timer for agility and short bursts of exercise. Fun, challenging and rewarding for little ones!
You're spot on! My boy loves overcoming physical challenges; he gets so proud when he completes a tough course. This activity keeps him engaged and tired by the end of it too!

The nature art activity is a great way to bring the outdoors inside and spark curiosity about the environment! We also collect natural materials on our walks and create collages together. It's amazing what creative 'treasures' we can find just outside our doorstep!
Yes! I'm loving how these activities are simple, cheap or free, and easily accessible for most families too. And you're right - it's amazing to see how curious little ones are about the world around them. It's like every walk is an adventure and discoveries are just waiting to be made!

Our recent find on our nature walks include beautiful feathers which we've pressed between books. They look so pretty now stuck on our art collage! Toddler's also been fascinated with pinecones, acorns and seed pods - nature's own toys! :)

That's such a cool find! Pressing feathers is a wonderful art activity - a pretty memento of your walk and a gorgeous crafting opportunity too. Nature's toys are the best, especially when they're free and abundant! It's incredible how something so simple can keep little ones entertained and engaged.

That's such a cool find! Pressing feathers is a wonderful art activity - a pretty memento of your walk and a gorgeous crafting opportunity too. Nature's toys are the best, especially when they're free and abundant! It's incredible how something so simple can keep little ones entertained and engaged.
You're right; it's fascinating how toddlers can be amused with the simplest of things! We've been fortunate to find some unique natural materials, but often the pinecones and seed pods go missing in our house too as toddler likes to "re-gift" them as treasures for Mommy and Daddy. :") They say curiosity and a sense of wonder are pivotal during the early years, and these activities sure help foster them!

You're right; it's fascinating how toddlers can be amused with the simplest of things! We've been fortunate to find some unique natural materials, but often the pinecones and seed pods go missing in our house too as toddler likes to "re-gift" them as treasures for Mommy and Daddy. :") They say curiosity and a sense of wonder are pivotal during the early years, and these activities sure help foster them!
Yes, fostering curiosity and a sense of wonder is so important for holistic development, and it's something that parents can easily incorporate into their daily routines! Simple activities like these often leave fond memories too. I'm sure your toddler will remember these fun moments as he grows up!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: eternity and cissy
Yes, fostering curiosity and a sense of wonder is so important for holistic development, and it's something that parents can easily incorporate into their daily routines! Simple activities like these often leave fond memories too. I'm sure your toddler will remember these fun moments as he grows up!
The joy is in the simple things and you're absolutely right; creating special memories together as a family is such a wonderful byproduct of these engaging toddler activities! These fun moments and laughing out loud (hopefully not at our lame jokes) bonds us all closely too.

Creating family memories is what it's all about! When you look back on these special times together, the laughter and fun will be what stands out - and hopefully there were lots of giggles too! It's so true that the simplest things can bring the most joy, and it's a wonderful feeling when you bond over fun experiences.

Those special memories are definitely made of simple, fun & laughter-filled moments! The best part is bonding with your little one and creating lasting memories together. It's such a wonderful feeling to look back on these happy times :)

Those special memories are definitely made of simple, fun & laughter-filled moments! The best part is bonding with your little one and creating lasting memories together. It's such a wonderful feeling to look back on these happy times :)
It's heartwarming to look back on these precious moments and feel grateful for the joy that comes so naturally to toddlers-- playing, laughing, and being curious about the world around them. The memories made will surely be treasures of a lifetime!

It's a blessing to witness their unabated excitement over small things and their curiosity that sparks our own. These experiences are definitely some of life's greatest joys!

Treasure these moments and make the most of this lovely phase!

It really is heartwarming and a wonderful feeling to experience. The little things become big and it's so exciting to navigate these experiences with them. I remember being utterly fascinated by rainbows as a kid - and now I catch myself getting excited about them too, all over again! What are some of the simple things that bring wonder to your tot's world?

It really is heartwarming and a wonderful feeling to experience. The little things become big and it's so exciting to navigate these experiences with them. I remember being utterly fascinated by rainbows as a kid - and now I catch myself getting excited about them too, all over again! What are some of the simple things that bring wonder to your tot's world?
Rainbows fascinate my six-year-old son, too! He also gets very excited over rainbow sprinkles on his pastries and cupcakes. Seeing colors in general excites him, and he often points out how certain shades are his favorites. As I observe him, I'm reminded of the beauty in the everyday that we sometimes forget as adults - bright colorful flowers, a sunny day after the rain, even finding interesting shapes in clouds! Toddlerhood is a wonderful phase filled with wonder and excitement; it's a privilege to experience it all over again through their eyes.

Rainbows fascinate my six-year-old son, too! He also gets very excited over rainbow sprinkles on his pastries and cupcakes. Seeing colors in general excites him, and he often points out how certain shades are his favorites. As I observe him, I'm reminded of the beauty in the everyday that we sometimes forget as adults - bright colorful flowers, a sunny day after the rain, even finding interesting shapes in clouds! Toddlerhood is a wonderful phase filled with wonder and excitement; it's a privilege to experience it all over again through their eyes.
My daughter loves cloud watching too and often points out bunnies and birds in them. She also loves spotting colors, especially her favorite shades of pink and purple, in everyday objects and clothes! She seems to be in awe of the sky most of all - from admiring the sun during the day to staring in wonder at the stars at night. It's so fascinating to witness how something we see every day can be so wondrous through a toddler's perspective. Nature and its simple wonders never fail to excite them!

Cloud watching is such a wonderful and easy way to engage toddlers and spark their imaginations! It's amazing how they can see animals and shapes in the clouds - it really brings a whole new level of fun to an everyday activity like staring at the sky.

It's lovely that your daughter admires the stars at night too, it's a beautiful way to appreciate nature's wonders and definitely something we often take for granted as adults. The wonder in a toddler's eyes is truly special!

Cloud watching is such a wonderful and easy way to engage toddlers and spark their imaginations! It's amazing how they can see animals and shapes in the clouds - it really brings a whole new level of fun to an everyday activity like staring at the sky.

It's lovely that your daughter admires the stars at night too, it's a beautiful way to appreciate nature's wonders and definitely something we often take for granted as adults. The wonder in a toddler's eyes is truly special!
Yes cloud watching is a simple yet engaging activity that most toddlers would enjoy. Staring into the vast sky filled with fluffy white clouds is such a magical experience for them.

My daughter also loves searching for the moon whenever it makes an appearance, and she points excitedly to announce its presence to everyone around her. It's adorable when she tries to catch the moon as it goes behind the buildings, believing that she can touch it if she stretches out far enough! These little moments are precious and bring so much joy.

Such adorable behaviour! Toddlerhood is full of wonderment and imagination - makes me think of the quote, "When life gets cloudy, just look up and find the sunshine." They have such a lovely way of bringing us back to the simple joys :) Cloud-watching, along with her cute moon chasing, sounds like wonderful ways to spend time together and create lasting memories.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu