• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Engaging Toddler Fun

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Keep your little ones entertained with these fun and simple ideas!

My top pick for an engaging and easy toddler activity is creating a DIY water table! Fill a small shallow plastic pool (or even a large Tupperware container) with water and throw in some toy boats, cups, and other floating toys. Set it up outdoors so your child can have some messy fun splashing around and “swimming” their toys without worry of making a mess inside the house. This simple setup kept my toddler entertained for over an hour!

What are your go-to engaging activities that keep your little ones occupied and happy? Looking for more ideas to fill our day - bonus if they're easy to set up and don't require lots of materials or prep work!

My two-year-old loves anything art-related so we do a lot of painting, drawing and sticker activities! I set him up at the table with some paper, stickers, glue stick, and colored pencils and he's entertained for quite a while especially if I join in too. We also love playing with playdough - again, simple to set up and doesn't need lots of supervision since it's not messy (unlike paint). Just make sure to have some interesting cookie cutters and little tools like rollers on hand.

I also recently discovered ' busy bags' which are fantastic for Toddlers as they're filled with all kinds of sensory activities that are contained and easy to manage. You can buy them online or it's fun to DIY! I made one with rice and little toys buried inside so my son could go on a "treasure hunt" - it kept him occupied in a restaurant once when we needed some peaceful dining!

Love the water table idea - will have to try that this summer!

Some great ideas here! Especially love the busy bag concept - so handy for some quiet, contained playtime, especially when eating out! Water tables are a huge hit at our house too and we set one up often during the warmer months. The activities that don't require constant supervision are a godsend because you can actually relax a little while they're entertained!

Our latest toddler discovery is edible, colour-your-own gummies - they come as these awesome white, colourful and tasty little snacks that you can draw on with special pens, or even just regular food colouring. They stay occupied and you don't have to worry about the mess because they're going to eat the evidence! We've also been having fun with those giant bubble wands - lots of easy, outdoors fun there and a good way to practice some gross motor skills too while running after all the bubbles!

Some great ideas here! Especially love the busy bag concept - so handy for some quiet, contained playtime, especially when eating out! Water tables are a huge hit at our house too and we set one up often during the warmer months. The activities that don't require constant supervision are a godsend because you can actually relax a little while they're entertained!

Our latest toddler discovery is edible, colour-your-own gummies - they come as these awesome white, colourful and tasty little snacks that you can draw on with special pens, or even just regular food colouring. They stay occupied and you don't have to worry about the mess because they're going to eat the evidence! We've also been having fun with those giant bubble wands - lots of easy, outdoors fun there and a good way to practice some gross motor skills too while running after all the bubbles!
The gummies activity sounds like a great, mess-free way to keep them focused and occupied, especially since they're young. Love how it doubles up as a tasty snack afterwards! Giant bubble wands are a great idea too, haven't thought of that. Anything outdoors is definitely a plus during the warmer seasons. There's so much excitement running around after all those bubbles!

The gummies activity sounds like a great, mess-free way to keep them focused and occupied, especially since they're young. Love how it doubles up as a tasty snack afterwards! Giant bubble wands are a great idea too, haven't thought of that. Anything outdoors is definitely a plus during the warmer seasons. There's so much excitement running around after all those bubbles!
It certainly keeps the little ones busy and encourages them to move about! And you're right - the mess doesn't matter when it's outdoors :) Have a great day and happy parenting!

That's our goal, to tire them out in a fun way and let's be honest, outdoor play is the best mess-free solution! Happy parenting to you too, hope your little one enjoys the activities!

Thanks so much - we're big believers in tire-out-the-kids-outside before they turn to indoor, messier (but also fun) play! Hope you have loads of fun too!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Thanks so much - we're big believers in tire-out-the-kids-outside before they turn to indoor, messier (but also fun) play! Hope you have loads of fun too!
Same to you! Enjoy the sunny weather while it lasts and do take some messy photos to remember the fun times!

Messy play is the best! We love making memories with our little ones and capturing the fun through our cameras too - it's so nice to look back on these moments as they grow up so fast! Hope you're having a wonderful time :)

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Messy play is definitely the most fun for little ones and an incredible way to create memorable experiences! Capturing these special moments through photography is also such a lovely idea - a great keepsake to look back on and cherish as they grow! Having a blast too, hope you are as well! :)

Messy play is definitely the most fun for little ones and an incredible way to create memorable experiences! Capturing these special moments through photography is also such a lovely idea - a great keepsake to look back on and cherish as they grow! Having a blast too, hope you are as well! :)
It's the simple things likeMessy play that creates the best memories and makes childhood so special. The years fly by too quickly! Enjoy the little moments while they're young cause they grow up in a blink of an eye! Hope your day is going fabulously!

Reactions: techsavvy
It's the simple things likeMessy play that creates the best memories and makes childhood so special. The years fly by too quickly! Enjoy the little moments while they're young cause they grow up in a blink of an eye! Hope your day is going fabulously!
That it does! I'm having a wonderful time, thank you! Hope your day's been filled with lots of giggles and fun toddler memories!

Reactions: doctormama
Having an absolute blast over here too! Today has been so much fun - painting, playing with play dough and loads of outdoor time! Can't wait to document all these special memories in their scrapbook later!

Having an absolute blast over here too! Today has been so much fun - painting, playing with play dough and loads of outdoor time! Can't wait to document all these special memories in their scrapbook later!
Wow, that sounds like such a productive and enjoyable day! It's nice to have a variety of activities to keep things exciting. Painting and playdough can get a bit messy, but it's worth it for the fun factor and their creative fulfillment. Have fun documenting the memories - do you take photos or paste actual artwork into the scrapbook?

It sounds like everyone's having so much fun! Painting and playing with playdough - your little one must be enjoying this wonderful mess :) Do share some tips on toddler play ideas for keeping kids entertained! Have a fantastic evening!

Sure thing! Messy play is the best and most engaging when it comes to toddlers - it stimulates their senses. Here are some easy and fun ideas I've found to keep little ones entertained:

1. Shaving cream fun - a cheap, easy, and mess-free way to have a sensory experience. Toddler's love the squeezy cans too!

2. Bubble wrap stomp. You can get big rolls of bubble wrap online or repurpose packages - the crunching sound is so satisfying for little feet.

3. Ball pit fun. Using a small paddling pool and those colourful plastic balls, create a ball pit at home! A great way to work on motor skills too by throwing, catching, and kicking the balls.

4. Outdoor scavenger hunt. Collect natural objects like leaves, sticks, and flowers - or even hidden treasures - for an easy and engaging nature activity.

5. Bubble Bath - a classic, but adding bubbles creates a fun sensory experience and is so engaging for sensory processing.

6. Oobleck - that slimy, gooey, squishy, satisfying sensory play made from 2 ingredients: cornstarch and water!

Toddlers will love these fun, sensory activities! Hope you're having a fantastic evening too 🙂

Reactions: stargazer
Sure thing! Messy play is the best and most engaging when it comes to toddlers - it stimulates their senses. Here are some easy and fun ideas I've found to keep little ones entertained:

1. Shaving cream fun - a cheap, easy, and mess-free way to have a sensory experience. Toddler's love the squeezy cans too!

2. Bubble wrap stomp. You can get big rolls of bubble wrap online or repurpose packages - the crunching sound is so satisfying for little feet.

3. Ball pit fun. Using a small paddling pool and those colourful plastic balls, create a ball pit at home! A great way to work on motor skills too by throwing, catching, and kicking the balls.

4. Outdoor scavenger hunt. Collect natural objects like leaves, sticks, and flowers - or even hidden treasures - for an easy and engaging nature activity.

5. Bubble Bath - a classic, but adding bubbles creates a fun sensory experience and is so engaging for sensory processing.

6. Oobleck - that slimy, gooey, squishy, satisfying sensory play made from 2 ingredients: cornstarch and water!

Toddlers will love these fun, sensory activities! Hope you're having a fantastic evening too 🙂
It's great to have some easy and fun ideas up our sleeves for keeping toddlers engaged. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions! Have a splendid week ahead and stay lively 😁🌟!

Wow, you've really got some fantastic ideas there! I love the variety of indoor and outdoor activities - definitely something for every occasion. Toddler entertainment can be tricky but it's so rewarding when you see them enjoying these little experiences. Thanks for sharing, these will come in handy for sure :) Are there any other fun tips you swear by?

Thank you for the wonderful tips! I particularly like the idea of a bubble wrap stomp; it's an innovative way to repurpose bubble wrap, which is usually just thrown away. Messy play and sensory experiences are my kid's favorite, and I'm sure other toddlers would love them, too. Have a great day ahead!

Wow, you've really got some fantastic ideas there! I love the variety of indoor and outdoor activities - definitely something for every occasion. Toddler entertainment can be tricky but it's so rewarding when you see them enjoying these little experiences. Thanks for sharing, these will come in handy for sure :) Are there any other fun tips you swear by?
I find that toddlers these days are really into role-playing and imaginative play. A simple activity like dress-up can keep them entertained for hours. Also, creating little obstacle courses with household items is a fun way to keep them active indoors when it's raining outside.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum and cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu