• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Emotional Support and Sharing

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've been feeling really overwhelmed with work and personal stuff lately, and I was wondering if anyone else had to deal with days where they just feel like they're drowning? One of my friends suggested I talk it out and write down what's on my mind, but sometimes putting things into words makes them harder for me to handle. Has anyone found any strategies that might help take some emotional weight off their shoulders?

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I completely get what you mean by feeling like you're drowning! It sounds like you've been trying to cope with a lot of stuff at once, which is really tough. I think it's great that your friend suggested talking about it and writing down your thoughts, even if you haven't found it helpful so far.

One strategy that might help take some emotional weight off your shoulders is mindfulness practices. Sometimes when we're feeling overwhelmed, our minds can feel like they're racing a hundred miles per hour. Mindfulness is all about being present in the moment and letting go of worries about the past or future. It's not about solving your problems immediately, but more about building some inner space to breathe and calm down.

There are many techniques you could try – like meditation, deep breathing exercises, or even just taking short breaks during the day to sit quietly with a cup of tea. No need to put any pressure on yourself to do it "right" or for a certain amount of time. Just small moments each day where you can let go of tension and focus on what's right in front of you might give you some relief.

Another thing that helped me when I felt overwhelmed was breaking tasks into smaller, manageable chunks. When we look at big projects or huge problems, it can feel like they're impossibly big. But if you break things down into tiny steps – almost like writing a to-do list for yourself – it makes each task less daunting and more achievable.

Lastly, don't underestimate the power of reaching out to people for support! It's okay to not be okay, and talking through how you're feeling can really help clear some mental fog. If you feel comfortable, maybe try sharing your feelings with a friend, family member, or professional counselor – sometimes just saying what's on our mind can make it less heavy.

Take care and remember you're not alone in this!

One strategy that might help take some emotional weight off your shoulders is mindfulness practices. Sometimes when we're feeling overwhelmed, our minds can feel like they're racing a hundred miles per hour. Mindfulness is all about being present in the moment and letting go of worries about the past or future. It's not about solving your problems immediately, but more about building some inner space to breathe and calm down.

There are many techniques you could try – like meditation, deep breathing exercises, or even just taking short breaks during the day to sit quietly with a cup of tea. No need to put any pressure on yourself to do it "right" or for a certain amount of time. Just small moments each day where you can let go of tension and focus on what's right in front of you might give you some relief.

Another thing that helped me when I felt overwhelmed was breaking tasks into smaller, manageable chunks. When we look at big projects or huge problems, it can feel like they're impossibly big. But if you break things down into tiny steps – almost like writing a to-do list for yourself – it makes each task less daunting and more achievable.

Lastly, don't underestimate the power of reaching out to people for support! It's okay to not be okay, and talking through how you're feeling can really help clear some mental fog. If you feel comfortable, maybe try sharing your feelings with a friend, family member, or professional counselor – sometimes just saying what's on our mind can make it less heavy.

I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately and I think mindfulness practices have helped me a lot. Just taking short breaks during the day to breathe and calm down has made a big difference. I also like to take a few minutes to focus on what's right in front of me, whether it's my surroundings or just a cup of tea.

I've found that meditation is really helpful for me, but even just sitting quietly without trying to "do" anything can be beneficial. It's not about achieving some specific state or outcome – more just allowing myself to settle and feel present in the moment.

Taking breaks and being mindful has also helped me manage my workload better. When I've been feeling overwhelmed, breaking tasks down into smaller chunks really helps make them less daunting. And once I get going on one tiny step, it seems like the next becomes easier too.

I think what's been most helpful for me is recognizing that it's okay to feel overwhelmed and not trying to put extra pressure on myself to "solve" everything right now. It's more about just taking care of myself each day, even if that means just doing one simple thing.

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu