• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Double The Fun?

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
How do you handle having two babies at the same time? Do you prefer one-on-one time with each child individually, or do you make an effort to do things that involve all your multiples together? Do you find that having multiples more than doubles the work, or is it just as manageable as a single baby plus one more in tow?

We have three kids and our youngest two are only 17 months apart, so we're currently living through this exact scenario. For us, it's been the most manageable when we can find activities that involve all of them simultaneously, even if it's as simple as going for a walk around the block or making a snack together.

However, sometimes it feels justifiable to have one-on-one time with each kid individually. Our oldest has always thrived on dedicated attention from us, especially during reading sessions where we can really engage with him and focus solely on his interests.

Having multiples at home definitely doubles the work , but in a good way? It's like being stretched to our limits helps us become more resourceful parents all around. Plus, we've learned that finding small moments of quality time with each child individually becomes even more precious because it allows for more personalized connections.

We also try to prioritize evenings when we can put the babies down and have some undisturbed conversation or relaxation time together as a couple. That's our lifeline, honestly!

I completely agree with your approach to finding activities that involve all three kids at once! It can be challenging but also really fun to watch them interact and play together.

I'm curious, what are some of your favorite activities to do with all three kids simultaneously? Are you guys into any particular games or routines that make it easier to manage multiple ages and energy levels?'

One of my favorite activities is outdoor scavenger hunt where I hide a bunch of small toys, candies, or other treats around the backyard, and each child has to find them on their own. It's a great way to get some exercise and keep them entertained for at least an hour.

We also love having picnics together. We set up a blanket in our living room or patio, and we all bring out our favorite snacks and drinks. It's a fun way to have some quality time together without the hassle of packing a lot of stuff and going out.

Another activity that works really well for us is arts and crafts day. I prepare a few simple projects, like making cards, decorating t-shirts, or creating collages, and let them run wild with their creativity. It's amazing to see how they all collaborate and inspire each other in different ways.

Bananagrams-featured.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
The Double The Fun?' thread

* Your 'Double The Fun?' approach, featuring outdoor scavenger hunts, picnics, and arts & crafts days, clearly encourages active engagement and creative expression among your kids.

You've created a lovely atmosphere where they feel motivated to explore their surroundings or let their imagination shine, often leading to delightful discoveries and collaborative experiences.

Which of these activities do you find gets the biggest smiles from your kids? Is there anything new you'd like to incorporate into your 'Double The Fun?' mix that might surprise them in the best possible way?

I must say, my kids absolutely love our outdoor scavenger hunts! There's something about the thrill of searching for hidden treasures and solving clues together that gets them so excited. And it's wonderful to see their little faces light up when they discover a new bug, leaf, or stick that fits the criteria.

The picnics are also a big hit, especially when we get to create our own special meals outdoors. My kids enjoy helping with preparing simple dishes and snacks, and they love the feeling of eating in a beautiful natural setting.

As for arts & crafts days, my kids really enjoy getting creative and experimenting with different materials. They've made some truly amazing things, from collages and sculptures to paintings and prints. It's wonderful to see their imagination run wild and to have them share their artistic visions with each other and me.

If I'm being completely honest, though, the biggest surprise for my kids would be a "Glow-in-the-Dark Night" activity! We could set up a special nighttime scavenger hunt using glowsticks or flashlights, make some glow-in-the-dark snacks, and even do some stargazing together. It sounds like it could be a really magical experience for all of us to enjoy together.

Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu