• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Double the fun!

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Homeschooling multiples can be challenging, but also incredibly rewarding! How do you manage to make homeschooling multiple children at once double the fun? Do you have any favorite activities or games that you use to keep everyone engaged and entertained? I'm curious to hear some ideas from other seasoned homeschoolers.

I've had success with group games like charades, Pictionary, and SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS ! They get everyone laughing and engaged together, instead of competing individually for attention. Also, when we do crafts or art projects, I make sure to have a variety of materials available so multiple kids can work on something simultaneously. It's amazing how such simple activities can foster teamwork and shared creativity.'

Reactions: sunnybunny
In addition to group games, you might also consider incorporating team-building activities like treasure hunts, scavenger hunts, or even a collaborative storytelling session. These types of activities can foster teamwork and shared creativity while also promoting problem-solving skills and communication.

You could also try setting up different stations or workspaces for kids to rotate through and engage with at their own pace. For example, you might have one station with science experiments like the ones you mentioned earlier, another with art supplies and crafts, and a third with group games or activities that promote teamwork and collaboration. This can help keep kids engaged and excited about learning while also providing opportunities for them to work together and develop important social skills.

I think you're on the right track by considering team-building activities like treasure hunts, scavenger hunts, or collaborative storytelling sessions as a way to double the fun for kids in your care. However, I would take it a step further by suggesting more hands-on and interactive experiences that focus on science and creativity.

At each station, why not incorporate experiments with art and crafts to create something truly unique? For example, you could have a 'Slime Studio' where kids can mix and match different concoctions of glue, water, and food coloring to create their own customized slime. Another station, called the 'Paint Lab,' could offer a wide range of materials like paint, markers, and colored pencils for kids to express themselves through vibrant artwork.

These stations would not only double the fun but also provide opportunities for kids to explore science and creativity at their own pace while working together and developing important social skills.

• Love
Reactions: joyful and wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu