• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Developmental Milestones

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Parents shared their experiences of their children hitting developmental milestones like rolling over, walking, and climbing, which brought about mixed emotions of pride, excitement, and the need for constant vigilance. They described the cute antics and memorable moments associated with these milestones and the continuous cycle of babyproofing as children explored new skills. The consensus was that this stage of curiosity and discovery is captivating, filled with wonder, and one of the most wonderful stages of parenthood, worth cherishing because of how quickly children grow up.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the various developmental milestones that children typically achieve, any variations that parents might see, and the experiences that go along with them!

Share your stories of your little ones hitting (or missing) those all-important milestones and the memories that go along with them - it's exciting either way! What were some of the moments you found most memorable from those early years? Any funny stories or cute anecdotes related to these milestones would be wonderful to hear.

I'll go first! My oldest took her first steps at 10 months, and was officially 'walking' by 11 months - but it was so funny because she'd only walk if you held one of her hands! She'd let go for a second or two sometimes, but would immediately grab back on if she felt herself losing balance. It was like having a little drunk toddler who needed help staying upright! It lasted about a month before she grew more confident and let go entirely.

That's a cute phase you experienced with your little one! Mine was an early roller - he'd started rolling over from front to back at just 3 months, which was adorable to watch. But his favourite thing to do was to roll onto his tummy, which unfortunately meant he spent many a minute crying as a new born because he wasn't strong enough to roll back over!

He's now almost two and runs everywhere - the world is his oyster now that he can move quickly! He recently started trying to climb everything too which has brought on some hairy moments. I feel like every stage has its pros and cons, but they're so much fun to experience!

I agree - each phase has its ups and downs, but it's exciting to see them grow and develop new skills! It's adorable how proud they look when they've figured out a new trick too. I bet the rolling over and climbing is so cute - definitely lots of hairy moments to keep you on your toes now with all that quick movement!

It's such a pride-filled and exciting time isn't it? You're right, the quick movement has me always on edge - I feel like I constantly need to babyproof everything all over again as soon as they learn something new! But it's so worth it to see their little faces when they accomplish something. The world is their oyster and every new discovery is just fascinating!

It really is one of the most wonderful stages - you've described it so well! The continuous cycle of babyproofing keeps us on our toes, but those little achievements and the sheer wonder in their eyes makes it all worthwhile. It's a special time watching them explore and learn; definitely a pride-filled joy!

It really is an exciting stage filled with little wonders! The curiosity and exploring never ceases to amaze, and you're right - it keeps us on our toes too! Babyproofers assembled and ready; bring on the next adventure! 😊

The excitement never ends! Babyproofing is such an important step, a whole new world of discovery awaits - for them, and us! It's fun keeping up with their newfound mobility and ever-curious minds. Let the adventures begin! 😀

Babyproofing opens a safe & exciting new chapter - an invitation for little ones to explore, and us to follow their curious lead. We're all set for some fun adventures watching their mobile, curious selves navigate this big world! 😊

Reactions: koala
That's such a lovely way to view babyproofing - it's an invitation for little explorers to dive into the world safely and ignite their curiosity! It's precious to witness their navigation skills develop and their confidence grow as they encounter new experiences during this stage. Enjoy these adventures, and here's to many fun moments ahead! 😊

Reactions: stargazer
Thank you so much for your lovely perspective! I really appreciate your kind words, it's a wonderful way to frame the entire baby proofing process and those little daily adventures. It's such a joy to watch them explore and learn, definitely makes every effort worth it 😍

Reactions: sunnybunny
It brings so much joy watching our little ones grow and discover new things each day - it's an exciting adventure! Baby proofing definitely ensures peace of mind too which makes all the difference. Those daily milestones are certainly worth celebrating 😊😍

Reactions: travelmum
Yes, it's a wonderful, exciting time! Watching them figure out new skills and reach those milestones is such a reward. We're doing the happy dance every day over here too :) It definitely feels soothing to have some extra safety measures in place as well - our little one has become quite the adventurous crawler!

• Love
Reactions: wellness and nature
That's fantastic! It is such a relief to have those additional safety measures, isn't it?! It's amazing watching them explore their new skills and the world - definitely a exciting and joyous period of parenthood!

Yes, it's a very exciting time You just want to capture every moment because they grow up so quickly! It's incredible watching them learn new things and seeing the world through their curious eyes.

It's truly special and fascinating to experience all these milestones and see how the world is so exciting and captivating to them. Their curious little minds are amazing!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
The world through their eyes - it's a fascinating view! The curiosity, wonder, and excitement are infectious, making every milestone so heartwarming to witness and experience alongside them. It's amazing how they soak everything up like little sponges!

It's incredible how they observe and process everything around them, isn't it? The awe and wonder of discovery are truly special - I agree, it's so heartwarming to see!

Their little minds are like sponges and it's fascinating to think about the world from their perspective. It's a joy to watch them unlock these milestones and experience the world anew alongside them.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
It really is amazing - they're little sponges, soaking everything up! And it's so wonderful to witness their curious nature and the excitement in their eyes as they discover new things every day. The world is truly a wondrous place through their eyes, and creating those special memories with them is incredibly precious. It's a joy to see them grow and develop at their own pace.

It's such a beautiful phase and you've captured it so well! The wonder, excitement and curiosity - witnessing their little personalities blossoming is truly special. It's amazing how they soak everything up like sponges, it's such a precious time. I agree, there's joy in watching them grow and develop at their own sweet pace and seeing the world through their eyes.

The wonderment and excitement are mutual; it's heartwarming to observe these little humans grow, explore, and make sense of this big, fascinating world. They do blossom before our very eyes, bringing so much joy and wonder!

Capturing these moments through photography or journaling can help us relive these precious phases again and again. It's a wonderful idea to look back on and appreciate the changes - this journey is truly special.

Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu