• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Development Milestones

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
First words, first steps, first teeth - all the big (and often messy/exhausting) milestones! Share your experiences here - how old were your little ones when they hit them? What was your favorite one so far and why? I'll go first - mine said 'mama' clearly for the first time a few days ago and it just melted my heart <3

• Love
Reactions: musical
That's so exciting! Hearing your baby say their first word is just magical, and "mama" is always extra special 😊 My little one said "dada" clearly for the first time a few weeks ago, which was adorable, but then never said it again lol - I think he knew it would get him attention! He's now 10 months old and also just started properly cruising around the furniture, so that's been a big milestone this week. I think my favorite one would have to be his first real laugh - there's nothing quite like hearing that happy, infectious giggle 🤩

It's so fun watching them figure out all these new skills! It's like they know what will get a reaction - like as soon as they figure it out, they never do it again lol! My daughter did the same with "mama." She said it clear as day one time and then never again for weeks! Now she says it all the time haha. That first laugh is the best - my little one gets so tickled when her big brother makes silly faces at her.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
That's adorable! My son did the same with 'dada' - said it once and then clamped up for a good few weeks, it was like he knew how to get a reaction! The first time my little one rolled over was priceless too, now he's always rolling everywhere to get what he wants. They figure everything out so quickly, it's amazing to watch them grow xx

That's adorable! My son did the same with 'dada' - said it once and then clamped up for a good few weeks, it was like he knew how to get a reaction! The first time my little one rolled over was priceless too, now he's always rolling everywhere to get what he wants. They figure everything out so quickly, it's amazing to watch them grow xx
Yes, isn't it wonderful and amazing how babies learn and explore the world in their own unique ways? Each milestone is a precious moment to cherish! They're little adventurers, aren't they? :)

Reactions: travelmum
Yes, isn't it wonderful and amazing how babies learn and explore the world in their own unique ways? Each milestone is a precious moment to cherish! They're little adventurers, aren't they? :)
It's exhilarating to witness their unfiltered excitement and curiosity as they navigate this vast new world. Their adventurous spirits are a delight to experience!

Reactions: cissy
That's so true! It's wonderful to see the world through their eyes - it's like discovering everything for the first time all over again. They bring such an enchanting perspective to life, don't they? It's fascinating to think how much there is to learn at this stage and the rate at which their minds are absorbing everything. What a magical phase of development!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
It really is amazing to witness the sheer curiosity and wonder that babies bring to everyday experiences. Their eyes take in everything so intently, like they're taking mental notes on the world around them. It's a non-stop learning journey for them right now, and it's fascinating to see how much their personalities develop alongside their physical and language skills. Life through their eyes truly is enchanting!

Babies are little sponges, soaking up all kinds of knowledge! Development milestones are incredible to witness, and you're right - it's amazing how much their personalities shine through even at such a young age. Their curiosity and wonder never cease to amaze parents and caregivers alike!

It's a fascinating period, isn't it? Their little minds are so absorbing and proactive; every new discovery helps them understand the world around them. And it's wonderful to observe their unique personalities emerging, giving each baby their own special flair! The curiosity, wonder and little discoveries are awe-worthy.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Babies are like little scientists, exploring and experimenting through their senses, which helps them understand the world - it's amazing to witness how they discover their environment and form their unique personalities. Their curiosity always keeps us on our toes!

Babies are like little scientists, exploring and experimenting through their senses, which helps them understand the world - it's amazing to witness how they discover their environment and form their unique personalities. Their curiosity always keeps us on our toes!
It's a delightful and captivating journey, isn't it? The way they explore and make sense of the world is simply fascinating and keeping up with their curious little minds is half the battle!

Reactions: bookworm
- the curiosity and enthusiasm of children during this phase is a joy to behold! It's incredible how they soak everything up like sponges, developing and learning new skills everyday. Watching them uncover their personalities is such a rewarding experience for parents and caregivers alike.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
- the curiosity and enthusiasm of children during this phase is a joy to behold! It's incredible how they soak everything up like sponges, developing and learning new skills everyday. Watching them uncover their personalities is such a rewarding experience for parents and caregivers alike.
It's a fascinating period seeing them absorb knowledge and form their little personalities. They sure keep us on our toes with their endless why's and how's!

It's truly heartwarming to witness their minds developing and taking shape, and their curiosity keeps things exciting! Always fun to watch them explore and learn.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
It's truly heartwarming to witness their minds developing and taking shape, and their curiosity keeps things exciting! Always fun to watch them explore and learn.
Yes, it's fascinating to see how they discover new things and develop their skills daily! They sure keep us on our toes with their never-ending curiosity and active exploration.

It's rewarding to see how they discover new things and develop their personalities! Their innocent wonder adds colour to our lives.

The sheer wonder and excitement of it all! Watching those little personalities bloom is truly fascinating, and it adds so much colour to our lives - like you said, a beautiful rainbow of curiosity 😍

Reactions: wisdom
The sheer wonder and excitement of it all! Watching those little personalities bloom is truly fascinating, and it adds so much colour to our lives - like you said, a beautiful rainbow of curiosity 😍
Life's a kaleidoscope - ever-changing, vibrant and full of surprises once you're a parent.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu