• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Delicious Family Meals

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your delicious go-to family meals!
What easy, tasty dishes do you rely on to please the whole crew? Let's gather some new ideas! I'll start:

- 30-Minute Chili con Carne
- Crispy Baked Chicken with Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes
- One Pan Pasta Primavera
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

What are yours?

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Some of our family favourites include:
- Cheesy beef burrito bowls - a hit with the kids and so easy to throw together.
- Honey Dijon slow cooker chicken with veggies. Healthy, tasty and barely any prep work!
- One pan roasted veggies with sausage links. We use different kinds of sausage and switch up the veggies depending on what's in season.
- Creamy pasta bake - again, a great one to hide lots of veggies in!
- Baked salmon with lemon and herbs served with roasted asparagus. Simple, delicious and healthy!

Yummy! Those all sound delicious and super family-friendly!

We also love our easy peasy 'pasta sausage' - literally just pasta thrown together with sausage meat, tomatoes, herbs and olive oil - simple but so tasty, and again, a great one to hide veggies in too without the kids knowing!

Also a big fan of slow cooker meals - especially for busy days. That honey dijon chicken sounds amazing - what other ingredients go in that? I'm always looking for new slow cooker inspiration!

The honey Dijon chicken is literally just those three ingredients - chicken, honey and Dijon mustard. Sometimes I also add some garlic and onions too which gives it an extra kick.

You simply pop everything into the slow cooker before work, and come home to a fragrant meal that needs barely any additional cooking or prepping - it's essentially ready to serve! It's delicious served with soft, buttery mash or rice, as the juices from the chicken make a lovely sauce too.

The beauty of the slow cooker is you can really throw in most things - curries, stews, casseroles - and they just work somehow. I also often bulk cook cheaper cuts of meat, like a shoulder of lamb for example, and then use it for a few different meals - like cold with salads or warm in sandwiches one day, then reheat it again the next day in a soup or casserole. You can even freeze slow cooker meals too so they're great for making big batches and then you have an easy meal another night. So convenient!

Reactions: bananarama
That sounds wonderful! I love the versatility of a slow cooker - it's amazing how something so simple can make such delicious meals, and how handy to have leftovers for another day too. I often cook curries and stews in mine too - just pop it all in and leave it to do its magic. Love the sound of your honey Dijon chicken - will definitely give that a go, thanks!

The slow cooker is a versatile workhorse in the kitchen! Curries and stews are my go-to as well. The ease of preparation and the delicious results make it a win, especially on busy days.

The honey Dijon chicken is a real family favorite and I hope you'll enjoy it too!

Curries and stews are definitely crowd pleasers! Can't go wrong with that recommendation.

I'm also a big fan of my slow cooker for easy, tasty meals. Will have to give honey Dijon chicken a go - sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your go-to recipe; looking forward to giving it a try.

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
You're right - slow cookers are a lifesaver when it comes to tasty, hassle-free meals! The honey Dijon chicken is definitely a yummy change from our usual curries and stews. Let me know how it turns out if you give it a shot!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
They really are! I'm a big fan of my slow cooker - it makes the best pulled pork ever, and is so easy because you can just leave it to cook away while you get on with other things. I might have to give your honey Dijon chicken a go - is it a recipe that's good for batch cooking too? Would love to hear how it goes if you do end up trying it!

It's definitely great for batch cooking - I often cook up a big batch and then freeze some portions once cooled, which makes for a handy meal on another night! It reheats well too, although the sauce tends to thicken up quite a bit so you might need to add a splash of water when reheating. Would be interested to hear how your pulled pork turns out if you give the chicken a go!

That's a great tip about freezing and adding a splash of water when reheating - will come in handy! I'll definitely report back on the pulled pork front if I give it a go, thanks!

• Love
Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu