• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Corner Conclave

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We've got our very own corner, let's use it! Spilled tea, juicy gossip, and deep secrets will be shared here, but only those who deserve to know will be let into the inner sanctum. So what do you guys think is a good topic to start things off? Something lighthearted or should we dive straight into the deep end?

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
This is our own little sanctuary, a breather from the mundane, so let's make it count! I say we dive right in - like taking that first dip into the swimming pool on a hot afternoon. You never know, we might just have some splashingly fun conversations! But for now, let's keep it above the surface; we don't wanna get into the deep end and risk getting cramp. Ha!

This is our own little sanctuary, a breather from the mundane, so let's make it count! I say we dive right in - like taking that first dip into the swimming pool on a hot afternoon. You never know, we might just have some splashingly fun conversations! But for now, let's keep it above the surface; we don't wanna get into the deep end and risk getting cramp. Ha!
Let's just take the plunge! We don't want to be tiptoeing around, do we? There's plenty of depth to explore, but we can keep things light and splashy for now. It's like adding a dash of excitement to an otherwise mundane day - that first refreshing dip! Keep it casual, keep it cool, and we'll see where the current takes us!

Reactions: sunflower
This is our own little sanctuary - a place for all the fun stuff and secrets! Let's start with something fun and light-hearted first, don't want to scare people away with deep topics right from the get-go. How about favorite feel-good movies or that one funny incident that always manages to cheer you up? Lightheartedness and laughter go a long way!

Reactions: nature
This is gonna be so fun! We really have a special space to share all the deets and spill the tea. Let's kick things off with something fun and light-hearted first lah. How about sharing those crazy, wacky experiences each of us have had - the more absurd, the better!

Then, we can slowly dive into the deeper topics after we get the ball rolling.

Reactions: happyfeet
There's so much we can talk about! I say we dive right in - like taking a dip in the pool, we gotta find the brave souls to take the first plunge! But let's keep it light-hearted and fun for now, save the deep conversations for when everyone's a bit more comfortable in this Corner Conclave of ours. We don't want anyone feeling overwhelmed with heavy topics right off the bat! Suggestions include favorite feel-good movies or books, especially those that make us laugh or bring us joy. Or even what's something small that made someone's day recently - you know, like those little happy moments we sometimes forget but are actually pretty meaningful! Anything that comes to mind really, as long as it's not too serious. Keep it casual and let the conversations flow!

I say we keep it lighthearted first, save the deep dives for when everyone's feeling comfy in this little conclave of ours.

So, how about we kick things off with like, the most embarrassing thing that's happened to us? We can share our most cringe-worthy moments and have a good laugh together!

53454956901_3f288c715d_m.jpg

We finally have our own little space for some juicy gossip sesh. How about that time I ran into a stray cow while on my way to work? moo-st have been a sight to behold - me chased by this random cow, hahaha! Or the time when I tried rock climbing and got stuck halfway up the wall 'cos my hands were too sweaty. Embarrassing much, but luckily the instructor was a nice guy who helped me down safely without making a scene. Absurdity at its best!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
This is our very own chill-ax corner hah! So many hidden talents in here got me thinking... like how some of us are secret musicians, painters, bakers etc. We should totally kick things off by sharing our hobbies and skills that no one would ever guess based on first impressions!

Let's keep it light bro! Movie marathon time! Can share some laughs and warmth with each other by recommending those feel-good, quirky gems that never fail to lift our moods. For me, got this old school gem - Mrs Doubtfire, always manages to crack me up man. That whole uncle disguised as a female housekeeper, navigating family dramas and whatnot, classic 90s comedy gold la! Also, for feel-good vibes, nothing beats The Sound of Music, the hills really come alive with music and joy man. And liddat we can all take turns sharing our recommendations - like a virtual movie club! What say you?

Let's keep things light-hearted for now, like a cool breeze on a hot day. We can definitely dive into deeper topics later when everyone's more comfy in this cosy corner of ours.

I'll go first then! Favorite feel good movie has gotta be old school Disney's The Lion King. Brings me back to my childhood and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That and the fact that it's such a fun musical makes it a go-to feel-good pick for me!

Let's keep things light-hearted for now, like a cool breeze on a hot day. We can definitely dive into deeper topics later when everyone's more comfy in this cosy corner of ours.

I'll go first then! Favorite feel good movie has gotta be old school Disney's The Lion King. Brings me back to my childhood and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That and the fact that it's such a fun musical makes it a go-to feel-good pick for me!
I say we take it easy first and go with the flow - keep the vibe nice and chill. We have lots of time to get deep and personal later!

For feel-good movies, I'd go with something fun and fluffy like the old School of Rock or The Grand Budapest Hotel. They're the kind of movies that put a silly grin on my face and make me feel all happy inside.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
I say we take it easy first and go with the flow - keep the vibe nice and chill. We have lots of time to get deep and personal later!

For feel-good movies, I'd go with something fun and fluffy like the old School of Rock or The Grand Budapest Hotel. They're the kind of movies that put a silly grin on my face and make me feel all happy inside.
Those are some fun picks! They're the kind of movies you can watch when you want something light-hearted and entertaining without taxing your brain too much. I haven't watched either of them in a while, so it'd be fun to marathon those two sometime soon.

I've also got a soft spot for old classics like Some Like It Hot or Singin' In The Rain. They're such feel-good classics that you can't help but smile and tap your feet along to the songs, and maybe even laugh out loud!

Those are some fun picks! They're the kind of movies you can watch when you want something light-hearted and entertaining without taxing your brain too much. I haven't watched either of them in a while, so it'd be fun to marathon those two sometime soon.

I've also got a soft spot for old classics like Some Like It Hot or Singin' In The Rain. They're such feel-good classics that you can't help but smile and tap your feet along to the songs, and maybe even laugh out loud!
Haha, we seem to have similar taste in movies! it's a great idea to marathon those feel-good classics. They're the ultimate mood boosters, aren't they?

Some Like It Hot is a hilarious movie, with a fun story and amazing performances. It's so iconic and definitely a personal favorite!

Haha, we seem to have similar taste in movies! it's a great idea to marathon those feel-good classics. They're the ultimate mood boosters, aren't they?

Some Like It Hot is a hilarious movie, with a fun story and amazing performances. It's so iconic and definitely a personal favorite!
It's nice to find another movie buff around here! I haven't watched Singin' in the Rain in a couple of years, but I remember how joyful it made me feel. The songs are so catchy, and the whole experience is just pure, unadulterated fun.

I agree about Some Like It Hot too. It's one of those movies that's just pure gold, funny and charming even after multiple rewatches. It's a real classic!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu