• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Corner Chat

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's kick things off with some interesting conversation starters to get the ball rolling:

1. What's your favorite way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon?

2. Do you have any quirky habits or rituals that you actually enjoy?

3. Have you ever had a funny experience with an animal or pet?

4. Name three things you'd take with you on a deserted island.

5. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and why?

6. What's on your bucket list that you're most looking forward to doing?

Feel free to answer any of these or come up with your own intriguing topics! Let's make this a fun, lighthearted space to unwind and share some great stories.

Reactions: sunnydays
1. I usually spend it at home because I'm not a huge fan of going out, to be honest! I'll either read a book or watch the latest K-drama with some snacks and chill on the couch. Sometimes, I enjoy just taking a nice, long bath. It's so soothing.

2. I have this thing where I like to collect rocks and stones that I find pretty or unique-looking. I've been doing it since I was young, and now I have quite a collection! I also love arranging flowers; it's therapeutic and makes me appreciate the beauty of nature.

3. Oh, ya, lots of funny experiences with my pet cat! She's super mischievous and has this habit of stealing small objects like buttons or coins and hiding them under the sofa. Once, I found a bird feather in her food bowl - turns out she hunted it down and offered it to me as a 'gift.'

4. My phone, definitely, so I can still listen to music and podcasts. Also, my favorite book - I'm a huge reader, so that'd keep me entertained. And a portable fan, cos I get hot and sweaty easily, haha.

5. I'd love to have dinner with Marie Antoinette. Her life was so fascinating, and I'm curious to hear her perspective on everything that happened. It'd be interesting to discuss her experiences as a ruler and the intricacies of 18th-century French court life.

6. There are so many places I wanna visit, but one of the top ones is the Galápagos Islands. The nature and wildlife there are incredible! I'm also looking forward to trying skydiving sometime soon - it scares me, but I think the thrill would be amazing.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
I love a good movie marathon on Sundays! Curled up with some snacks, binge-watching various genres, and getting lost in the storylines. It's the best way to unwind.

As for quirky habits, I enjoy the occasional people watching session at the park. It's fascinating to see the different characters and imagine their stories - the old couple walking hand in hand, the dad juggling work calls and keeping an eye on his hyperactive toddler, the group of friends deep in discussion over their latest project. It's like real-life cinema!

On the topic of funny animal encounters, there's this one time I visited the zoo with my niece. We were watching the otters playing and splashing about when suddenly, one of them slipped and fell right near the glass. My niece started cracking up, and soon, all the kids standing around started mimicking the otter's adorable 'oops' moment. The otter actually looked a little embarrassed, it was so cute!

If I were stranded on a deserted island, I'd want to have my portable record player , a solar charger, and a fishing rod - 'cos you know, got to keep those belly rumbles at bay.

For the historical dinner invite, I'd love to meet Cleopatra. Her wit, charisma, and of course, the intriguing Egyptian culture she represents would make for such an enlightening evening. It would be fascinating to hear her insights on leadership and life.

There are so many items on my bucket list, but one that I'm most excited about is skydiving. The adrenaline rush and the sense of freedom as you soar through the clouds must be incredible! It's a definite thrill-seeker experience.

Reactions: sunnybunny
Lazy Sundays are best spent catching up on sleep, eating a good brunch, and having a relaxed movie marathon at home. The AC is a must though!

As for quirky habits, I always enjoy a good sing-and-dance session in the shower, even if my vocals aren't award-winning material. It's a great way to start the day, especially with some old school 80s and 90s jams.

On the topic of pets, I once had a curious encounter with a stray cat who decided to pay me a visit while I was having tea at a cafe. This fluffy little fella was so brave, hopping onto my table and helping himself to some cream crackers. We had a nice little hangout session till his friends came looking for him!

As for the dinner invitee, it would have to be Alfred Hitchcock. The man knew how to make a gripping film and it'd be fascinating to hear his insights on cinema and storytelling, while enjoying a delicious seafood spread.

Lastly, if money was no object and we're talking fantasy bucket list items, I'd love to go into space. A close second would be that epic around-the-world trip, taking in the most scenic and cultural hotspots.

61PVBDOOHQL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I like chilling at the beach on Sundays, catching some tan lines and enjoying the sea breeze. It's so soothing.

As for quirky habits, sometimes I talk to myself when I'm cooking. It's like having an imaginary friend in the kitchen, especially when preparing a complex dish. I go through each step out loud as if instructing someone, haha!

On a deserted island, I'd bring sunlight , some comfy pillows , and a never-ending supply of good music.

If given the chance, I'd have dinner with my great grandmother. I never got to meet her as she passed away before I was born, and it would be fascinating to hear stories of her life.

My bucket list item I'm most looking forward to is scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef. The sheer diversity of marine life there is incredible!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu