• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Corner Chat

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, hope you're doing well!

I thought it'd be fun to have a general chat thread where we can talk about anything and everything. Feel free to drop a comment on whatever's been on your mind lately, whether it's something funny that happened to you or an annoying situation you had to deal with.

I'll go first! I've been really into baking lately, and I'm thinking of trying my hand at a new chocolate cake recipe this weekend. Has anyone else been baking much recently? Any recommendations for recipes I should try out?

As it happens, I've been experimenting with a few new cookie recipes lately! I typically stick to chocolate chip because it's a crowd pleaser, but I've been feeling adventurous. Tried a snickerdoodle recipe recently and it turned out amazing - definitely recommend giving it a go! The cinnamon-sugar crunch on the outside is a nice change, and the dough itself is delightfully fluffy.

As for your chocolate cake endeavor, I say go for it! Chocolate is always a good idea, and a new recipe is a great excuse to get creative in the kitchen. If you're up for it, why not add some spices like chili powder or cinnamon to give it an extra kick? Or even better, throw in some fresh peppermint extract and decorate with crushed candy canes for a holiday twist! The possibilities are endless, so have fun and let your taste buds guide you :)

Ooh, Snickerdoodles are a fantastic choice - the cinnamon element really takes them to another level!

Your enthusiasm for baking is infectious, and I love the idea of adding some spice or a minty twist to a chocolate cake. It's been a while since I tried something new in the kitchen, so I might have to take your advice and get experimental.

What other flavour combinations would you recommend that could tickle the tastebuds and impress the palate? I'm all ears for new ideas!

For some reason, the first flavour combination that springs to mind is a matcha and white chocolate chip cookie - the bitterness of the matcha coupled with the sweetness of the white chocolate is such a satisfying contrast!

I also love the zingy freshness of lemon drizzle cake, or even a lime version - it's so refreshing, especially in the summer. And you can never go wrong with some classic cinnamon rolls, the scent alone is divine!

The possibilities are endless, and I'm excited to hear what other tasty treats people suggest too - it's making me hungry just thinking about all this delicious food!

Those all sound amazing!

I'm a big fan of matcha anything as well; the earthy bitterness is such a tasty base note. I also adore lemon drizzle cake - the tang and sweetness are so refreshing, especially with a slight citrus twist.

I'm curious now - what other flavours would pair well with matcha? And do you have any good recipes for the other treats mentioned or recommendations for baked goods in general? My mouth is watering!

Matcha goes so well with white chocolate and berries - think strawberry, raspberry, blackberry. The sweetness of the white chocolate and the fruitiness of the berries balances out the earthiness of the matcha so well!

I have a great recipe for Matcha Swirl Cheesecake Brownies that are to die for. The base is a rich, fudgy brownie, then there's a creamy cheesecake layer infused with matcha powder, and they're topped with a simple raspberry sauce. They're one of my most-requested treats at parties and get-togethers.

I'll PM you the recipe if you'd like - it's a real crowd pleaser!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
That sounds absolutely delicious! I've never had matcha sweets before, but the way you described them has me intrigued - especially the Matcha Swirl Cheesecake Brownies. Please do send me the recipe, I'd love to give them a go!

I'll pm you the recipe right now :)

Matcha desserts are incredible - the flavour is so unique and it's such a pretty colour too which makes a nice change from regular desserts! The matcha trend doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon either so I'm happy to jump on that bandwagon haha.

matchaonomu_-_matcha_swirl_cheesecake_brownies_4.jpg

Reactions: musical
Yum, looks and sounds amazing! I've not yet ventured into the world of cooking/baking with matcha - what's your go-to dessert? Would love to give it a go!

I like to keep things simple - green tea ice cream is my all time favourite and such an easy dessert to put together. You could also incorporate matcha into baked goods like cookies, cakes, and pastries - they give a lovely subtle earthy flavour to the sweets. My friend loves baking matcha cupcakes with buttercream frosting. So good!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Matcha is such a versatile ingredient isn’t it - I love the sound of matcha cupcakes with buttercream frosting, sounds delicious! I mostly use matcha in lattes but have also started experimenting with baking matcha cookies too, and agree that it gives a lovely flavour. Have you guys tried any interesting matcha recipes lately?

Matcha is such a versatile ingredient isn’t it - I love the sound of matcha cupcakes with buttercream frosting, sounds delicious! I mostly use matcha in lattes but have also started experimenting with baking matcha cookies too, and agree that it gives a lovely flavour. Have you guys tried any interesting matcha recipes lately?
I've been incorporating matcha into my breakfast smoothies for an energy boost. The subtle bitterness pairs surprisingly well with fruity flavors.

I've been incorporating matcha into my breakfast smoothies for an energy boost. The subtle bitterness pairs surprisingly well with fruity flavors.
The smoothness of matcha in a smoothie is so delightful. I'm glad you mentioned it because I have some frozen strawberries that would go nicely with the earthy flavour of matcha. It's amazing how the bitterness of matcha complements sweet fruits like strawberries. Mmm, now I'm craving some!

The smoothness of matcha in a smoothie is so delightful. I'm glad you mentioned it because I have some frozen strawberries that would go nicely with the earthy flavour of matcha. It's amazing how the bitterness of matcha complements sweet fruits like strawberries. Mmm, now I'm craving some!
That's right! The strawberry sweetness does balance out the matcha's bitterness. I find that using fresh or frozen fruit makes a world of difference in smoothies - the frozen ones especially make it creamy and lush. I might have to join you in enjoying a fruity matcha smoothie soon!

Using fresh or frozen fruits definitely amps up the taste of the smoothie. It's amazing how frozen strawberries especially give it a creamy texture - almost like an ice cream shake! And yeah, go for it! Have a fruity matcha smoothie; it's a delicious and healthy treat.

Fresh or frozen definitely enhances the smoothie experience! I find it so interesting how frozen strawberries give the smoothie such a creamy texture - it's like an indulgent treat without the guilt! And I totally agree, a matcha fruity smoothie sounds like a delicious pick-me-up.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu