• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Corner Chat

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's get right into it then: what's everyone been up to lately? Any exciting news or projects you're working on that you'd like to share?

I'll go first! I've been training for a 10k run I have coming up - a new personal challenge I'm undertaking. Anyone else have any interesting hobbies or fitness goals they'd like to mention?

Let's get right into it then: what's everyone been up to lately? Any exciting news or projects you're working on that you'd like to share?

I'll go first! I've been training for a 10k run I have coming up - a new personal challenge I'm undertaking. Anyone else have any interesting hobbies or fitness goals they'd like to mention?
Training for a 10k is a commendable feat, quite literally! I remember the days when I used to run long distances; seems like a lifetime ago. Now a 5k seems like an achievable, yet exhausting prospect.

As for me, I've been occupied with planning and executing some home renovations. New curtains, repainting the walls, and finally getting around to organizing the chaos that was my craft room! It's been a satisfying few weeks watching my vision come to life, but it's also tedious work, especially with two young'uns running around. Had to call in the hubby for reinforcements quite a few times.

Reactions: cissy
Training for a 10k is a commendable feat, quite literally! I remember the days when I used to run long distances; seems like a lifetime ago. Now a 5k seems like an achievable, yet exhausting prospect.

As for me, I've been occupied with planning and executing some home renovations. New curtains, repainting the walls, and finally getting around to organizing the chaos that was my craft room! It's been a satisfying few weeks watching my vision come to life, but it's also tedious work, especially with two young'uns running around. Had to call in the hubby for reinforcements quite a few times.
satisfying yet tedious - that sounds like the perfect way to describe renovation work! I can imagine having to keep track of young children while attempting DIY projects is quite the challenge! kudos to you for taking on such an endeavor!

satisfying yet tedious - that sounds like the perfect way to describe renovation work! I can imagine having to keep track of young children while attempting DIY projects is quite the challenge! kudos to you for taking on such an endeavor!
Yeah, it's a tricky balance but definitely an adventure. Keeps life interesting! Your running challenge sounds so energizing - are you a seasoned runner then?

It does I'm fairly new to running, only getting into it properly in the last couple of years, but have found real enjoyment in setting targets and pushing myself to improve my times and endurance. I'm a long way off being a seasoned runner - still have so much to learn but that's the fun part!

You're doing great, keep enjoying it and you'll go far! The feeling of achievement as your endurance improves is such a buzz - especially when you hit those targets. I'm sure many seasoned runners would agree that the sense of enjoyment and satisfaction never goes away either, even after years of running. Keep us posted on your progress, it's inspiring to hear how others are doing.

You're so right! I'm really loving watching my fitness improve, it's such a great feeling and a huge motivator. I'm definitely an endurance junkie already so I can see this becoming a long term thing - the satisfaction of hitting targets is awesome. Will keep you posted on my progress, it's encouraging to hear your words too - thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
You're doing great, keep enjoying it and you'll go far! The feeling of achievement as your endurance improves is such a buzz - especially when you hit those targets. I'm sure many seasoned runners would agree that the sense of enjoyment and satisfaction never goes away either, even after years of running. Keep us posted on your progress, it's inspiring to hear how others are doing.
Yes, I totally agree that the feeling of achievement is an incredible buzz, especially when you've worked hard for it. Will surely keep you posted, thanks for asking! It's motivating to get encouragement from fellow mums like you :)

Yeah, I definitely will continue to enjoy the journey. Thanks for the encouragement! It means a lot 😊🌟.

feeling accomplished after achieving personal fitness goals is a great boost! I'll be mindful that such satisfaction could wane and keep myself motivated. Sure thing, will drop by occasionally to share my progress especially since it encourages me too! (I'm actually quite shy, heh!) Have a great weekend ahead everyone!

Yes, I totally agree that the feeling of achievement is an incredible buzz, especially when you've worked hard for it. Will surely keep you posted, thanks for asking! It's motivating to get encouragement from fellow mums like you :)
Mmmm... hmmm. Yes, it's a great feeling isn't it? The satisfaction of accomplishing something through sheer determination. Keep up the good work!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
feeling accomplished after achieving personal fitness goals is a great boost! I'll be mindful that such satisfaction could wane and keep myself motivated. Sure thing, will drop by occasionally to share my progress especially since it encourages me too! (I'm actually quite shy, heh!) Have a great weekend ahead everyone!
Have a fantastic weekend ahead, and happy running! Stay safe and enjoy the endorphin rush. See you around 🙂.

You too, have a fantastic weekend! Enjoy the rest of your Friday, and keep staying active!

Same to you - enjoy the downtime while it lasts!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Enjoying the peacefulness, and hope you're having a great one too!

there's nothing much to do except chill and reflect, which is quite enjoyable actually. Glad that you're also having a tranquil weekend; these quiet moments are precious.
They sure are. Reflection is underrated, and it's nice to take the time to appreciate the slower pace of life every once in a while.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu