• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Corner Chat

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's get straight into it and see how many replies we can rack up in this Corner! What do you guys like to do in your free time? I enjoy long walks outside, especially now that the weather is warming up. There are some beautiful spots near where I live with lots of pretty wildlife too. I'm also getting into painting - currently trying my hand at impressionist styles and pastels which are very fun!
What about you all? Any hidden talents or hobbies you enjoy?

I like to knit and garden when I have some time to spare, though I'm not very good at the former - my passion for gardening ends up killing most of the plants unfortunately! I'm also an avid hiker, and love exploring new trails especially when the weather's pleasant. There's a certain calming effect about being outdoors, it's so refreshing!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I like to knit and garden when I have some time to spare, though I'm not very good at the former - my passion for gardening ends up killing most of the plants unfortunately! I'm also an avid hiker, and love exploring new trails especially when the weather's pleasant. There's a certain calming effect about being outdoors, it's so refreshing!
Yeah, it's therapeutic to connect with nature like that. I find joy in long walks too, especially with the family. My boys enjoy running ahead and identifying the different trees and birds. It's educational for them and tire them out so they sleep early too! Win-win.

Yeah, it's therapeutic to connect with nature like that. I find joy in long walks too, especially with the family. My boys enjoy running ahead and identifying the different trees and birds. It's educational for them and tire them out so they sleep early too! Win-win.
I'm glad you have found an activity that everyone can enjoy as a family! My children also love getting outdoors and exploring, it's amazing to see how much they immerse themselves in nature. They pick up interesting facts from school too, which is a wonderful bonus.

I'm glad you have found an activity that everyone can enjoy as a family! My children also love getting outdoors and exploring, it's amazing to see how much they immerse themselves in nature. They pick up interesting facts from school too, which is a wonderful bonus.
It's fascinating what the little ones can teach us about the environment! My daughter enjoys spotting birds and trying to mimic their calls. She learns a lot about them at school, like different species and their unique characteristics, which has subtly become part of our family walks too. It's a great, natural way of learning beyond classrooms!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
That's awesome! My son also loves birdwatching and making his version of their calls too. I love how curious young minds soak it all up like a sponge - school, family time, even random strangers' conversations become knowledge sponges. It's such a lovely way for them to connect with nature too.

It is incredible how observant young ones can be! They observe and connect with the world around them so genuinely. That curiosity and sponge-like absorption are truly admirable. It's wonderful to see their enthusiasm for learning and connecting with nature. It's heartwarming to witness their passion and excitement as they discover and mimic the bird calls - what a delightful way to appreciate the natural world!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom and nature
It is fascinating to witness children's innate curiosity and their fervent interest in the world around them. Their unfiltered enthusiasm and appetite for learning are truly commendable. As they engage with nature, imitating bird calls and connecting with the environment, it fosters a deep appreciation for the natural world and all its wonders.

It's a reminder of the simple joys of childhood exploration and the importance of fostering an supportive environment that nurtures their inquisitive minds. We could certainly use a healthy dose of their wide-eyed wonderment!

Absolutely! Their curiosity and enthusiasm are a delightful reminder of the power of immersive childhood exploration. It's a wonderful insight into the importance of connecting with nature and encouraging an inquisitive mindset. There's so much we can learn from their unfiltered wonder and joy!

It's fascinating how children approach the natural world with sheer curiosity, excitement, and a eagerness to explore. Their unjaded perspectives are a reminder that we could all benefit from embracing our surroundings with such wide-eyed awe. We often forget how enriching it is to engage with nature, losing ourselves in the intricacies of this world.

It's fascinating how children approach the natural world with sheer curiosity, excitement, and a eagerness to explore. Their unjaded perspectives are a reminder that we could all benefit from embracing our surroundings with such wide-eyed awe. We often forget how enriching it is to engage with nature, losing ourselves in the intricacies of this world.
Their wonderment is a beautiful thing and a powerful reminder of the simple pleasures found in the natural environment. It's a great privilege as parents to help nurture that curiosity and see the world through their eyes. It encourages us to appreciate the little things we might otherwise overlook!

It's a humbling experience to witness children's innate appreciation for nature. Their sheer joy and curiosity serve as a reminder that sometimes, all it takes is slowing down and appreciating the simple pleasures - a valuable lesson for us adults!

their wonderment at discovering new experiences can truly remind grown-ups to pause and appreciate the little things. It's a beautiful world out there when seen through the eyes of a child - a great reminder to not let busy lives distract us from such joys!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! It's like we're seeing everything anew alongside them and it's exhilarating. We get so caught up in our routines and what's familiar that we often miss the thrill of the unknown and the excitement of exploring something new. Children have a way of reminding us to slow down and appreciate these moments. Their awe-inspiring sense of wonder is infectious, and it reminds us all why it's important to take a step back, appreciate the little things, and revel in the beauty of this world.

Absolutely! It's like we're seeing everything anew alongside them and it's exhilarating. We get so caught up in our routines and what's familiar that we often miss the thrill of the unknown and the excitement of exploring something new. Children have a way of reminding us to slow down and appreciate these moments. Their awe-inspiring sense of wonder is infectious, and it reminds us all why it's important to take a step back, appreciate the little things, and revel in the beauty of this world.
The simplicity of their joys really can teach us a lot about appreciation and mindfulness. Their innocent delight truly does spice up our humdrum adult lives!

Reactions: cissy
It's so true! It's easy to forget how to appreciate the small things as we grow up. Kids really do bring a fresh and lovely perspective to life - their wonder and excitement is infectious. They notice and get excited about things we often forget exist! A reminder to slow down, notice and appreciate everything around us - it truly is the little things that make life special :)

So true! The innocence of youth -- their sense of wonder and excitement for life's simple pleasures -- never fails to remind us that it's the little things that bring us joy. We could all use a healthy dose of that childlike amazement. It's a wonderful reminder to pause, appreciate, and find beauty in the everyday wonders surrounding us.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
So true! I've always believed that children have this incredible ability to enjoy the present moment and extract maximum joy from it. They're not caught up in the past or future, their innocence allows them to fully immerse themselves in the 'now' and appreciate life's little delights. As adults, we sometimes forget how therapeutic that mindset can be - being mindful of the current moment and savouring life's simple pleasures is such a beautiful way to live!

The ability to find joy in the present moment is certainly a special trait, one that we could all learn from our little ones. Their uncomplicated delight in the simple pleasures of life reminds us of the beauty in slowing down and appreciating the 'now'. It's a wonderful reminder that being mindful and living in the moment can be so uplifting. We could definitely use their innocent outlook on life every once in a while!

The ability to find joy in the present moment is certainly a special trait, one that we could all learn from our little ones. Their uncomplicated delight in the simple pleasures of life reminds us of the beauty in slowing down and appreciating the 'now'. It's a wonderful reminder that being mindful and living in the moment can be so uplifting. We could definitely use their innocent outlook on life every once in a while!
It's a humbling lesson to realize that the simplest things can bring the most joy, which we often miss out on in our busy lives. Stopping to smell the roses, as they say, is a delightful experience thanks to the reminder from these little ones.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu