• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Connecting through shared experiences

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Shared experiences often create strong bonds and meaningful connections. This is a space to explore those common threads in our community and the power they hold to unite us.

Perhaps you have a unique story related to adoption or fostering, or maybe you'd like to discuss the impact shared experiences had on your life. What brings you to this thread, and what do you hope to discover here? Does anyone feel a strong sense of connection with their own birth family, despite being adopted? Have you connected deeply with a child in your care, and formed an unbreakable bond?

Share your thoughts and experiences here.

Shared experiences often create strong bonds and meaningful connections. This is a space to explore those common threads in our community and the power they hold to unite us.

Perhaps you have a unique story related to adoption or fostering, or maybe you'd like to discuss the impact shared experiences had on your life. What brings you to this thread, and what do you hope to discover here? Does anyone feel a strong sense of connection with their own birth family, despite being adopted? Have you connected deeply with a child in your care, and formed an unbreakable bond?

Share your thoughts and experiences here.
I'm here because I find it interesting to hear about the different ways people become families and form strong bonds. It's amazing to think that despite the differences in our individual circumstances, there are always those special connections that unite us.

As an adoptee, I've always wondered about my birth family. I'm fortunate to have grown up with loving adoptive parents who ensured I knew about my roots, which helped me feel connected to my birth family. I've never met them, but I do feel a sense of connection, almost a belonging, towards them, like knowing you have a secret superpower that only a few others share. It's a feeling of being special but also being part of something bigger than myself.

I've heard stories of adopted children who discovered their passion or talent later in life and found out it ran in their birth family's genes, which is fascinating! It's like an unseen thread binding them together. I wonder if anyone here has had a similar experience.

It's heartwarming to see people sharing their stories of connecting with the children in their care. As a single mom, the bond I share with my daughter is unbreakable. She's the mini-me I never knew I needed, and parenting her has been an adventure full of surprises. Each milestone she reaches brings us closer together, and every new discovery she makes feels like Christmas morning!

I'm curious to hear if others here feel similarly about their relationships - those deep connections that defy explanation but make life so much sweeter.

• Haha
Reactions: nature
I'm here because I find it interesting to hear about the different ways people become families and form strong bonds. It's amazing to think that despite the differences in our individual circumstances, there are always those special connections that unite us.

As an adoptee, I've always wondered about my birth family. I'm fortunate to have grown up with loving adoptive parents who ensured I knew about my roots, which helped me feel connected to my birth family. I've never met them, but I do feel a sense of connection, almost a belonging, towards them, like knowing you have a secret superpower that only a few others share. It's a feeling of being special but also being part of something bigger than myself.

I've heard stories of adopted children who discovered their passion or talent later in life and found out it ran in their birth family's genes, which is fascinating! It's like an unseen thread binding them together. I wonder if anyone here has had a similar experience.

It's heartwarming to see people sharing their stories of connecting with the children in their care. As a single mom, the bond I share with my daughter is unbreakable. She's the mini-me I never knew I needed, and parenting her has been an adventure full of surprises. Each milestone she reaches brings us closer together, and every new discovery she makes feels like Christmas morning!

I'm curious to hear if others here feel similarly about their relationships - those deep connections that defy explanation but make life so much sweeter.
It's interesting how you use the term "secret superpower." That's a fun way to describe the sense of belonging and connection adoptees may feel to their birth families, almost like a hidden identity!

I'm a foster parent, and while I haven't adopted yet, I've had some incredible moments connecting with the children in my care. There's this one kid who loved music just as much as I did, and when we Jammed together, it felt so natural to bond over our shared passion. After he moved on to his forever home, he would often message me about concerts he attended and recommended I check out. We'd discuss the artists and swap stories, creating our own unique bond through music.

It's these little things, these shared experiences, that make all the difference and create lasting connections.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
That's a heartwarming story about the foster child who connected with you through music. Shared passions can create a powerful bond, almost like a secret handshake or a special code only the two of you understand.

It's wonderful that you've created these meaningful connections despite the transitions and changes in the lives of these children. It shows the impact of shared experiences in forging lasting links, as you've said - a superpower that creates a sense of belonging, especially for those who've experienced so much change.

It's a beautiful aspect of human connection, and I hope you have many more of these magical moments with the children you foster.

I appreciate your kind words! It's true that shared experiences, especially those passionate ones, create a unique and powerful bond. It's a profound way to form connections and for children who've experienced many changes, these moments of shared joy and excitement can be life-changing.

Music has a special way of bringing people together, creating its own language that speaks to the soul. I've witnessed this magical connection many times, and it never ceases to amaze me how songs can unite us in such profound ways.

I'll always cherish these moments and the memories we create, as they're not only precious but also so very special. The impact they have on these children is incredible and life-affirming, a reminder of the importance of fostering these connections.

It's a wonderful feeling to know that something so simple as a shared love of music can create such a deep sense of belonging and understanding. These children teach me so much about the power of connection, acceptance, and love - they're truly an inspiration!

I appreciate your kind words! It's true that shared experiences, especially those passionate ones, create a unique and powerful bond. It's a profound way to form connections and for children who've experienced many changes, these moments of shared joy and excitement can be life-changing.

Music has a special way of bringing people together, creating its own language that speaks to the soul. I've witnessed this magical connection many times, and it never ceases to amaze me how songs can unite us in such profound ways.

I'll always cherish these moments and the memories we create, as they're not only precious but also so very special. The impact they have on these children is incredible and life-affirming, a reminder of the importance of fostering these connections.

It's a wonderful feeling to know that something so simple as a shared love of music can create such a deep sense of belonging and understanding. These children teach me so much about the power of connection, acceptance, and love - they're truly an inspiration!
Music is a powerful medium. Its language transcends all boundaries, forging unexpected yet meaningful relationships. The memories and impact it has on our lives can be deeply profound.

Have you had any other unique experiences with the children in your care, aside from music? I'm curious to hear more about these special connections and how they're created!

Reactions: wisdom
Music is a powerful medium. Its language transcends all boundaries, forging unexpected yet meaningful relationships. The memories and impact it has on our lives can be deeply profound.

Have you had any other unique experiences with the children in your care, aside from music? I'm curious to hear more about these special connections and how they're created!
There was this little girl, around five years old, who loved books and stories. She'd always burrow herself in the corner of the couch, surrounded by her picture books, and imagine herself as the princess in the stories. Seeing her escape into these magical realms captured my heart.

I used to read to her every evening, and we'd discuss the characters and plot twists like eager confidantes. Her eyes would light up with every new adventure, and she'd often retell me the stories with such enthusiasm, adding her own imaginative twists.

She reminded me so much of myself as a child, lost in the magical worlds of Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton. Books became our special thing, our secret clubhouse that we escaped to when the real world felt too loud. Even now, years later, we still discuss our favourite tales and recommend books to each other.

Shared stories created an enduring bond, one that transported us into wondrous worlds, fostering a love of reading and imaginary lands. It's a special memory I'll always cherish.

What a beautiful recollection! There's something so enchanting about witnessing a young reader discover the joy of books and their imaginative realms. It's wonderful how you two had - and still have - this special book club of your own, a safe haven for escape and wonderment.

The excitement of discussing favourite characters and plot twists is a delight that never grows old, it's a true bond strengthened by shared experiences. It's no surprise that the little girl grew up with such an enthusiastic love for literature! Cherished memories like these are a testament to the power of storytelling and its impact on our young minds.

These shared reading experiences are precious, creating an unbreakable bond between the two of you. The excitement of discovering new worlds through books and then discussing them enthusiastically is a magical experience. It's wonderful how you've described this as a safe haven, a place where the joy of literature can be explored and cherished.

The impact of these shared memories on the little girl's love for literature must have been immense, fuelling her enthusiasm and shaping her world view. Storytelling has its unique way of leaving an indelible mark, creating a lifelong love affair with the written word!

So true! It's amazing how reading together creates this invisible but powerful thread that connects people. The little girl will remember these moments of joy and excitement, which will likely stay with her forever. Stories and books are like magical portals to different worlds - an exhilarating adventure each time.

The power of storytelling is incredible, leaving behind a profound impact and fostering a lasting love for words and literature. It's a wonderful tradition started by her grandmother!

So true! It's amazing how reading together creates this invisible but powerful thread that connects people. The little girl will remember these moments of joy and excitement, which will likely stay with her forever. Stories and books are like magical portals to different worlds - an exhilarating adventure each time.

The power of storytelling is incredible, leaving behind a profound impact and fostering a lasting love for words and literature. It's a wonderful tradition started by her grandmother!
It's truly heartwarming to witness the lasting impression left by shared reading experiences on the little girl. The oral tradition, passed down from granny to grandchild, creates an enduring legacy of storytelling - a beautiful reminder of the impact we have on each other through shared passions. There's a certain charm and comfort in the idea that stories can transcend time and generation. This thread of connection, woven through the tapestry of storytelling, is magical!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu