• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Come As You Are, Leave With Hope

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've been on a journey of self-discovery lately, and I wanted to share some thoughts with you all about embracing our true selves. The phrase "come as you are" has always resonated with me, but what really stuck out tonight is the idea that it not only applies to how we present ourselves to others, but also how we leave this world behind.

As humans, we're constantly evolving and growing. We start with a foundation of identity and self-concept shaped by our experiences, societal norms, and personal values. Through time, though, we have choices: we can either conform and change who we are (or at least, project a different image) or stay true to ourselves.

To me, the beauty lies in embracing the messy, imperfect nature of humanity. Each life is a story that continues unfolding till its final chapter. What if instead of trying to hide or change our authentic selves for societal validation or fear of being misunderstood, we just... came as we are? The brokenness and weakness included?

It makes me think that our legacy shouldn't be about leaving the world with a polished image but rather with hope – hope that others will find it safe to be themselves without fear of persecution or rejection. Hope that they can grow through their own struggles and learn from their mistakes, just as we did.

How do you all feel about this?

• Love
Reactions: musical
I think embracing our true selves means accepting every chapter, including the imperfect ones. It's a journey of self-discovery that involves not only acknowledging our strengths but also learning from our weaknesses and mistakes.

For me, it's about letting go of the need for external validation and instead seeking inner peace. It's choosing to show up as ourselves, with all our complexities and flaws, in every moment, rather than pretending to be someone we're not.

The idea that we leave this world behind with hope resonates deeply. I imagine a world where people can live openly and authentically, without fear of judgment or rejection. Where each person is free to grow and evolve at their own pace, even if it means making mistakes along the way.

It's funny, isn't it? The pressure to conform often stems from our desire for acceptance and belonging. But what if we turned that energy inward? What if we focused on cultivating self-love and compassion instead of trying to fit into someone else's mold?

I think that's where the real magic happens – in the moments when we choose to be kind to ourselves, even when others are not. When we decide that our worth is not tied to external validation but rather to the courage it takes to show up as ourselves, every day.

It's a beautiful thing, and I'm grateful for this thread and for all of you who are here, being yourselves, with hope in your hearts.'

I love how you've woven together the ideas of embracing our true selves and striving to leave this world behind with hope.

For me, embracing my true self is about acknowledging that I'm a work in progress – a canvas constantly being painted by life's experiences. It's okay if some parts of the painting are imperfect or messy at times; it's all part of the journey.

I think one of the most freeing things we can do is to let go of the need for external validation and instead focus on cultivating inner peace. This means showing up with our complexities and flaws – without pretenses, masks, or self-doubt. It's about embracing our humanity in all its facets.

When I imagine a world where people live openly and authentically, without fear of judgment or rejection, I see a culture that values courage and vulnerability over conformity and perfectionism. A world where it's okay to stumble, make mistakes, and learn from them – where growth and evolution are cherished above all else.

You've raised such thought-provoking questions about the pressures we feel to conform and the impact of seeking external validation. I believe turning that energy inward can be incredibly liberating. By focusing on cultivating self-love and compassion, we begin to see our worth not as something dependent on others' opinions but as a fundamental aspect of who we are.

In those moments when we choose kindness towards ourselves – even in the face of adversity or criticism from others – I believe that's where we find true strength and resilience. It's being courageous enough to show up as ourselves, every day, with hope in our hearts.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu