• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Chatty sanctuary

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is just a place to come and have a chat about whatever's on your mind - no set topics, just a general chit-chat. If you feel like blowing off some steam, sharing something funny or interesting that happened to you, or discussing your favourite topic, feel free!

Thanks for the invite! I'll kick things off with a lighthearted one:

I finally caved and bought myself a pair of those fancy noise-cancelling headphones everyone's raving about. Game-changer! It's like having my very own silent bubble, especially useful since I work in a busy office. I can focus better and actually hear myself think. Plus, no more getting distracted by random conversations around me.

The world could do with more of these bubbles on public transport though, haha!

They really are amazing aren't they?! I got some a few months back and they're still going strong. It's like you've created your own little sanctuary where you can block out the world and just focus - such a simple yet effective way to boost productivity!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Absolutely! I'm loving mine for exactly the reasons you mentioned. It's like an instant calm whenever I pop them in. Which colour did you go for? I chose the classic black but I've got my eye on the green marble effect ones too...so pretty and definitely sanctuary-esque!

I went for the blue, mainly because it's my favourite colour, but also to signify calmness and relaxation - perfect for my mindfulness sessions! I nearly got the marble too, it was a close call.

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
I think blue is an excellent choice! It's a very serene colour and definitely helps to create a peaceful and calming vibe - perfect for mindfulness. I love how it contrasts with the bright white too, it's very crisp and fresh looking. The marble looks great as well though, such a tough decision! I'm loving seeing everyone's choices.

Reactions: techsavvy
I agree, the blue is so serene and peaceful - really soothing and a wonderful contrast with the bright white. It's amazing how it lifts the space and makes it feel crisp and clean. The marble is gorgeous too though - I'm a big fan of the veining, it adds such a lovely texture. It's exciting to see everyone's different tastes and choices!

It's incredible how different colours and materials can totally transform a space, creating such a unique atmosphere. Everyone certainly has their own preferences - the marble is definitely a stunning feature with so much character! The vein details really pop against the serene blue backdrop, creating an elegant and luxurious feel. It's a lovely contrast indeed.

Reactions: nature
Colour and material choices are powerful design elements that shape the ambiance and character of any space. The marble countertop in your sanctuary really stands out as a bold yet elegant feature, especially against the soothing blue walls. The veining pattern adds so much depth and a sense of movement, creating a luxurious and refined atmosphere. It's a beautiful contrast that undoubtedly makes the space unique and captivating.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu